Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will it Take to win 3 of the next 5?

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, October 20, 2014, 01:52:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

B501

Shawn61

hogcard1964

DoctorSusscrofa

1. Figure out what allowed the blocked kicks and get it fixed.
2. Get our injured LB back.
3. Keep everybody healthy.
4. Players need to avoid getting themselves suspended.
5. Players need to keep from losing their cool.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 21, 2014, 11:27:23 am
1. Figure out what allowed the blocked kicks and get it fixed.
2. Get our injured LB back.
3. Keep everybody healthy.
4. Players need to avoid getting themselves suspended.
5. Players need to keep from losing their cool.

This season is what we call a failure if they miss a bowl game

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 21, 2014, 09:08:22 pm
This season is what we call a failure if they miss a bowl game

You can choose to call our team a failure if you want. But I'm a Razorback and I won't call the players a failure as long as they are committed to improving and showing improvement, "TheRazorbackGuyWhoCallsTheTeamAFailure."
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Uncommon

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 21, 2014, 09:13:00 pm
You can choose to call our team a failure if you want. But I'm a Razorback and I won't call the players a failure as long as they are committed to improving and showing improvement, "TheRazorbackGuyWhoCallsTheTeamAFailure."
I just don't think he knows the meaning of failure.  Not making a bowl game would be disappointing but it wouldn't be a failure.  Going 3-9 or worse would be a failure and that will not likely happen as I think we can beat UAB and Missouri.

MountieDawg

Its simple, score more points and you win... I think an SEC win would be good....
SEC!

PorkSoda

Run the ball.  limit chaney to 15 passes per game and not a single pass more.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: chuggs33 on October 20, 2014, 04:44:28 pm

We will beat UAB, LSU and Mizzou.  We will.  I have no doubt.  I also think that we can beat Miss. State and Ole Miss.

Might as well throw in the Dallas Cowboys & a few other NFL teams ....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

moses_007

We'd need to shoot some Incredible Hulk juice in our boy's veins.

Beaverfever

Gotta beat UAB, play solid against MSU then come back and beat LSU's arse in Reynolds.  Finish the season with a 3 game winning streak, go 7-5 and play OU in the Texas Bowl.  Buy your tickets. 

nchogg

I can remember earlier this year when so many posters complained we don't pass the ball. Now they want more running. The coaches try to take what a defense gives them unless they are playing catch up.

Youngsta71701

Less penalties and turnovers! Especially dumb ones like personal fouls after the play and tripping that has nothing to do with the outcome of the play! And oh yeah, better protection and better kicking on field goal attempts!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HotlantaHog

The Hogs have proven they are good enough to beat a team if they are playing well and the other team has an off day. They lost by an extra point to Alabama, went to overtime with Texas A&M, were tied with Auburn at the half, showed some sparks at time vs Georgia (despite giving away 20 points on unforced errors in the first half.)

The big swing factor seems to be turnovers and other matters of executiion -- extra points and short field goals come to mind, and maybe that is not fixable. Dropped passes in the Auburn game.

MOST of the SEC games the Hogs have played in have been close and could have gone either way. Either turnovers or some executiion problems lost the games. I see no reason why the Hogs shouldn't win big vs. UAB and be in the games late in the games vs. Miss State, Ole Miss, LSU and Mizzou.

Mizzou and LSU have shown a tendency to blow up with their own mistakes on occasion -- you would have to say those games look like the more winnable ones. Playing Ole Miss (ranked top 3) at home in Fayetteville will be a huge game. Mississippi State at Starkville at night will be an uphill battle but no question Hogs have a chance -- MSU doesn't have Alabama-level talent, just a very good team that plays together.

The most likely outcome for the season still looks like 6-6 to me -- though with lots of luck and steady improvement it could be better than that ... and with some bad luck it could easily end up 4-8.

Wild Boarnado

Just to add to what has already been mentioned:

I think a major key is mental: We've got to believe we are going to win. It seemed to me that we lost our close games because at the end of those games we lost our confidence -  playing not-to-lose rather than playing to stomp 'em. We've got to get our swag back, have that killer instinct, and play smart.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

cbhawg03

Beating LSU. We just need a SEC win, get one and then I think we get another to go bowling

shotgun7

We should win Saturday, So, it will really be what will it take to win 2 of our last 4. Will be a Challenge no doubt

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 20, 2014, 01:52:59 pm
:razorback:

UAB is a given win but who are the other two teams we beat? Do we lose both? Do we split games? What will it take to get to a bowl game?
Bribery backed by millions of dollars.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.