Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will it Take to win 3 of the next 5?

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, October 20, 2014, 01:52:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorbackGuy

:razorback:

UAB is a given win but who are the other two teams we beat? Do we lose both? Do we split games? What will it take to get to a bowl game?

onebadrubi

-Offensive confidence
-Continue to improve this D
-Get healthy during these next two weeks
-get the RB's and Oline blocking game back on par with what we have. 

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

WarPig88

For all of our opponents to lose players to an Ebola outbreak.

eusebius

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 20, 2014, 01:52:59 pm

UAB is a given win but who are the other two teams we beat? Do we lose both? Do we split games? What will it take to get to a bowl game?

Nothing is a given win with this team. Did ULM 2012 teach us nothing? We need to play well to beat UAB. If we come out flat, that game will be struggle. 
These things I know: There's no doubt Gary Anderson was very underrated . . Ike Forte had the best number ever for a running back and the best thing about the option was that last second pitch right before the DE hits the quarterback.

Hogfan1660

A miracle! We are starting to lose players due to injuries and suspension. We aren't deep enough to maintain the level of play that we had earlier in the year.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: eusebius on October 20, 2014, 02:01:35 pm
Nothing is a given win with this team. Did ULM 2012 teach us nothing? We need to play well to beat UAB. If we come out flat, that game will be struggle. 

ULM wad in Little Rock where the Hogs often lose. They don't lose to cupcake teams in Fayetteville since the Citadel like 20+ years ago when a cell phone was the size of a suitcase.

The_Iceman

Uncommon

Come on, guys.  Some are having doubt that UAB is a given win!?

Sack up!  This is a game everyone circles as a win for us.  When everyone has it circled as a win, that means it's a given win.

Here is the outlook for the rest of the season:
Given win
UAB

On the fence but leaning towards a win
Missouri

On the fence but leaning towards a loss
LSU

Probable losses
Mississippi State
Ole Miss

If we don't get to 6 wins this year, but instead win 5 by beating UAB and Missouri, everyone will probably look back to the Texas A&M game and say that is where the 6th win should've come from.

GolfnHog

I certainly think the Hogs should handle UAB. Maybe this is the week that the "Saban philosphy" is instituted in what he did with his team against aTm.

Upside, after next weekend the Hogs have a chance to get healthy w/ a bye. Maybe this week Mstate and AL beat each other to a pulp  and we can eliminate the self inflicted duress and play the last 4 games  in a manner that we have historically.

Granted, the way the state of MS showed up this year is certainly an abnomaly but I'll continue to believe anything is possible.

I like the fact the Hogs have historically preformed well with the next 3 SEC opponents and Mizzou is the wildcard to end the year.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

007 License To Squeal

I'm not sure ANY game is a given........but the Hogs MUST play with error-free games if we have any chance of a bowl.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 20, 2014, 02:52:40 pm
Turnovers, penalties, and injuries

Hogarusa, we have seen plenty of those. They generally benefited the opposing team.

razorbackkid

It's doable....win #4 comes this weekend.

LSU and Missouri.  They both are beatable.

I don't like our chances vs O.M. and Miss St.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

RazorPiggie

Any home game is winnable. And I think we can beat Mizzou. Just my opinion.

TheRazorbackGuy

"We've come here to win the SEC and that's what we are going to do!"

Who's quote was that?

mccurdy

Every coach that has ever coached in the SEC?

Razor1997

We have to beat LSU, or I'm afraid the 0-fer streak completes its second full year.

We always get up for LSU, we typically play our best game of the season against them, they arguably have more troubles at QB than we do, they're down this year, we had a much better LSU team on the ropes last year at their place when we weren't nearly as good as we are this year.

We have to win that one.  Absolutely have to.

If we don't, it's kind of hard to imagine how the players get fired up for a road game against a Missouri team we have no real history with and have never played in conference before, when a victory wouldn't even help to land us a spot in a bowl.

BatesvilleHOG

Better pass blocking from the OT's
Brooks Ellis needs to get/stay healthy
WR screen and more fades to Kendrick Edwards or Cody Hollister
Continue to improve on defense
Quit the stupid penalties

We are light years ahead of where EVERYONE thought we would be. Just continue to improve on the field and class room. When that changes, so will our mindset. When our mind set changes, we'll get our first SEC victory.

The Hogs are not world beaters, but we are still weak minded and a little bad luck away from being 6-1. We are easily the most improved team in the SEC. Patience and persistence are the key to success!!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HF#1 on October 20, 2014, 03:41:06 pm
I think we beat UAB and one more.

I hope your wrong. We MUST win 3 or more this season was a failure and a distaster

nchogg

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 20, 2014, 03:01:40 pm
It's doable....win #4 comes this weekend.

LSU and Missouri.  They both are beatable.

I don't like our chances vs O.M. and Miss St.
With the way the season has gone I agree with your thoughts.

nchogg

Coach B is not happy the the effort and penalties. He is holding coaches and players accountable. Depth is an issue and we can only recruit out of that problem. Fans can't see all the decisions a coach makes as far as the well being of an individual player. Our special teams have been off the last 2 games, our offense and defense are off. You could see a difference in the play of the team after a nick talking to at half time. We were too far behind to make up that many points. I would not look at UAB as a sure thing. This team better play to win. I think we will see an "A" game from our Hogs and better play through the games after. I will never throw in the towel on this team like many of the post I have read after the GA lose. It has really embarrassed me when I talk to friends in NC about the comments that have been written. Go Hogs and get your sh*t together.

HF#1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 20, 2014, 03:42:37 pm
I hope your wrong. We MUST win 3 or more this season was a failure and a distaster

Other than not going to a bowl, how is it a disaster?  5-7 is better than 4-8 and 3-9 is it not?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pig Worshipper

I don't think we will win six games this year. Of course we'll beat UAB but after that, we might be able to beat Missouri. We are still rebuilding but our team seems to be getting worse at a time when teams on the rise begin to show real progress. It's time for the team and coaches to man up and finish this season out by showing improvement.

I believe in giving a coach at least three years before you start calling for his scalp. Coach Bielema seems like a guy who can do great things at Arkansas in time. To start over with someone new would be a terrible thing for the program.

lumphog

MJ2

The only remaining win I see is UAB.   The rest may be competitive, but the Hogs aren't up to the task.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: MJ2 on October 20, 2014, 04:39:11 pm
The only remaining win I see is UAB.   The rest may be competitive, but the Hogs aren't up to the task.

Well so much for this comment.

HF#1

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 20, 2014, 04:36:40 pm
I don't think we will win six games this year. Of course we'll beat UAB but after that, we might be able to beat Missouri. We are still rebuilding but our team seems to be getting worse at a time when teams on the rise begin to show real progress. It's time for the team and coaches to man up and finish this season out by showing improvement.

I believe in giving a coach at least three years before you start calling for his scalp. Coach Bielema seems like a guy who can do great things at Arkansas in time. To start over with someone new would be a terrible thing for the program.

It's amazing how 4 quarters ago, we were vastly improved.  Now we are getting worse?  Football is a bi-polar sport I guess.

How about we are an inconsistent team who has yet to fully mature enough to win close games or against top competition.?

HF#1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 20, 2014, 04:41:09 pm
Well so much for this comment.

its year two.  My goodness.  You want a SEC title in year two?  Do you hold your kids to that sort of standard?  What about the other folks in your life?  If you have a 2 year old, do you expect it to speak complete sentences?

chuggs33

We will beat UAB, LSU and Mizzou.  We will.  I have no doubt.  I also think that we can beat Miss. State and Ole Miss. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: HF#1 on October 20, 2014, 04:43:32 pm
its year two.  My goodness.  You want a SEC title in year two?  Do you hold your kids to that sort of standard?  What about the other folks in your life?  If you have a 2 year old, do you expect it to speak complete sentences?

That's what Petrino did, so why shouldn't he expect that? Oh wait.....

HF#1

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 20, 2014, 04:46:41 pm
That's what Petrino did, so why shouldn't he expect that? Oh wait.....

lol, it's just stupid.  These folks are too dumb to live. 

tangman

Getting penalized less than the opponent and getting turnovers instead of turning the ball over would be great. LSU is winnable in Fayetteville, I like our chances against Mizzou, UAB is a given, and we have no chance against either MS team. That said, nothing this team does surprises me. I like the improvement and won't feel it's the end of the world if we don't win 6. Life goes on.

Danny J

Cut out the key drive killing and touchdown nullifying penalties.....

Improve on special teams mainly through blocking and holding of all kicks and establishing some sort of return game when receiving punts. Being able to flip field position and down punts inside the 20 is another key factor.

If we can simply do those two things I think we will beat UAB and can beat LSU and Miss or Mizzou. We would have won both the Bama and aTm games had those things happened. So I think its entirely possible to win 3 of our next 5 if we can do those things.

wupigsuey

Better play at WR IMO. UAB gave Miss ST all they wanted btw.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

GolfnHog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 20, 2014, 05:05:03 pm
Okay Walk-on, Life goes on but the booster money will be much less with no bowl game.

As a booster and a donor, I'd ask that your provide backup for this statement. I suspect most boosters and donors are smart enough not to jump off cliffs about a total rebuild. However, if you need to jump, let me know and I'll be there for guidance.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

BigSexyHog

Well Bret keeps talking about mistake free football but we make about 15-20 big mistakes a game.  That Would Be A GOOD for STARTER
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The Divine Swine

We will beat one of the Mississippi schools. I know you say this is not logical, but it will happen. We will make a bowl. UAB IS undoubtedly a win. Mizzou is probable and LSU is possible.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: GolfnHog on October 20, 2014, 05:24:59 pm
As a booster and a donor, I'd ask that your provide backup for this statement. I suspect most boosters and donors are smart enough not to jump off cliffs about a total rebuild. However, if you need to jump, let me know and I'll be there for guidance.

I pay alumni money everyyear but I'm questioning that decision this year

Hogarusa

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 20, 2014, 02:57:26 pm
Hogarusa, we have seen plenty of those. They generally benefited the opposing team.

As some point, the tables will turn.  I think.  Hopefully
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 20, 2014, 06:16:59 pm
As some point, the tables will turn.  I think.  Hopefully

Its Arkansas.... hopefully is our new word.

popcornhog

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on October 20, 2014, 01:57:40 pm

I wish I was this optimistic

You've got to be kidding. I know we're not that good, but UAB is light years behind NIU and TTU.
WPS

PorkSoda

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 20, 2014, 02:05:40 pm
ULM wad in Little Rock where the Hogs often lose. They don't lose to cupcake teams in Fayetteville since the Citadel like 20+ years ago when a cell phone was the size of a suitcase.
don't jinx us, we have been breaking historical records for 2 going on 3 years now.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 20, 2014, 05:18:49 pm
Better play at WR IMO. UAB gave Miss ST all they wanted btw.
I'd rather have an OC that's not afraid to run the ball.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2014, 06:35:41 pm
I'd rather have an OC that's not afraid to run the ball.

You don't run the ball when your down by 32. The score was 38-6 at one time.

hogcard1964

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 20, 2014, 01:52:59 pm

UAB, LSU, Missou are shoe ins.

texas tush hog

Quote from: chuggs33 on October 20, 2014, 04:44:28 pm
We will beat UAB, LSU and Mizzou.  We will.  I have no doubt.  I also think that we can beat Miss. State and Ole Miss. 

Please don't drive or operate heavy machinery after drinking that stuff.