Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice of Hogs named

Started by Amityvillehogger, October 20, 2014, 01:15:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Baseball Hog

Nice guy.  Talked baseball with him on several occasions.

BroyledNutts

Congrats to him...hope he will be as interesting to listen to as Chuck was...will Rick still provide color during broadcasts?

mrs. hawgndodge

Ray Piggers

Found this.. http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?sid=t574&ymd=20090115&content_id=496312&vkey=team4

Calls himself a Pitt Panther fan...

Here's his call of a punt return for a touchdown for those who haven't heard him

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

pigture perfect

Play Ball! Already. Really looking forward to this season.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 21, 2014, 05:06:52 am
Play Ball! Already. Really looking forward to this season.
Just have to get a few ice and snow storms out of the way and we'll be there. :)

razorcash2

Awesome... The Travelers really screwed up.

This guy is great for baseball.

yraciv

Solid pickup! There are some good ones floating around minor league baseball.

3kgthog

I'd take him over Chuck for football right now.

razorcash2

ucahogfan

A little late to the party, but I'm still excited that Phil was Chuck's replacement.  I thought Phil was the most logical replacement being the voice of the Travs and having done some fill-in work when Chuck was with the basketball team.  I think Phil is close to Chuck's quality calling a baseball game and will be one of the best in college baseball next year.

Question is since he is also the new voice for Jimmy's team, which team comes first?  I would think baseball since it is a bigger sport, but you never know.

ucahogfan

Good article by Harry King about Phil Elson including how John Lackey played a small role in Elson finding his wife:

]] .com/columns/king-ua-s-new-baseball-man]http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/columns/king-ua-s-new-baseball-man