Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a couple observations from the game

Started by pondwater jack, October 20, 2014, 12:58:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pondwater jack

the running back from Georgia ....Chubbs...is better than their number 1 guy...

We are losing for penalties an mistakes. Not Brandon Allen. 

Even with my poor hearing and congested head I can tell that Mike Irwin has a sinus infection or sinusitis on account I can hear him whistling thru his nose when he breathes in the Mike right now.  Here's hoping you get better mr. Irwin. 

Some of you are overreacting and short sited. We don't need a bunch of Gloomy Gusses in here stirring the pot.

In short...well all hang together or we'll all hang seperate! 

J holly blasingame
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

pondwater jack

Oh yeah.  Brook Ellis is our Mvp right now.  He's the straw on that defense.
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

demonHOG1013

And you cant win football games when you turn the ball over

pondwater jack

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on October 20, 2014, 01:08:04 pm
And you cant win football games when you turn the ball over
yeah.  We put the ball on the ground.  But that Chubbs to me is the best in the SEC. 

demonHOG1013

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 20, 2014, 01:16:57 pm
yeah.  We put the ball on the ground.  But that Chubbs to me is the best in the SEC.

But only what 4th or 5th on the depth chart at UGA.  Without injuries/suspension he wouldnt have even been on the field this year

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 20, 2014, 12:58:54 pm
the running back from Georgia ....Chubbs...is better than their number 1 guy...

No way.  Not that close.

There were quite a few runs Saturday that Gurley would have taken for 80, and not just the 15 that Chubb got.

If Gurley had been playing, and our D came out that flat, Gurley would have won himself a Heisman trophy, set a new SEC single game rushing total at somewhere about 350 yards.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

pondwater jack

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on October 20, 2014, 01:18:48 pm
But only what 4th or 5th on the depth chart at UGA.  Without injuries/suspension he wouldnt have even been on the field this year
I think it's politics.  He's biding his time.  Waitin in the wings.  He's better than Gurley.  Looks like a ball of muscle rolling down the field. Gurley may get wally pipped.  I don't know how you set this guy down. 

Just like Mike Irwin today.  You could hear him breathing thru his nose. Sounded like a dog whistle on the radio.   Same as ever body with this hayfever.  But your as full of shi+  as a 9 pound bluebird if you think he'll quit carrying the ball on here and on the radio....

That's the way it works...

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 20, 2014, 01:36:51 pm
I think it's politics.  He's biding his time.  Waitin in the wings.  He's better than Gurley.  Looks like a ball of muscle rolling down the field. Gurley may get wally pipped.  I don't know how you set this guy down. 

Just like Mike Irwin today.  You could hear him breathing thru his nose. Sounded like a dog whistle on the radio.   Same as ever body with this hayfever.  But your as full of shi+  as a 9 pound bluebird if you think he'll quit carrying the ball on here and on the radio....

That's the way it works...
9 pound bluebird,,Hmmm,,,,never seen one of those. What county?

MountieDawg

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 20, 2014, 01:16:57 pm

Gurley is ticked off he didnt get to play... He may have ran for 300.
SEC!

pondwater jack

No disrespect to Gurley but that Chubbs is the best I've seen this year.  Compact speed is hard to stop.  A bigger faster Dennis Johnson....

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 20, 2014, 03:30:35 pm
No disrespect to Gurley but that Chubbs is the best I've seen this year.  Compact speed is hard to stop.  A bigger faster Dennis Johnson....

Jack, you need to reevaluate.  I've watched every snap of every SEC game UGa has played, and Chubb is not nearly as explosive or fast as Gurley.

Chubb is really good, very powerful. 

But Gurley is special.  Gurley is everything: big, fast, explosive, powerful, determined, quick footed, and on and on and on.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

radar

Jack, do you have any ideas on medications that would help Mike stop whistling while on air?

showme

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 20, 2014, 03:42:38 pm
Jack, you need to reevaluate.  I've watched every snap of every SEC game UGa has played, and Chubb is not nearly as explosive or fast as Gurley.

Chubb is really good, very powerful. 

But Gurley is special.  Gurley is everything: big, fast, explosive, powerful, determined, quick footed, and on and on and on.
Agree, not even close. Gurley is head and shoulders better than Chubb.

Everyone tells us that our coaches always play the best player and always know who deserves to play the most but I guess that doesn't hold true for other coaches. Our coaches must be the only ones that never make a mistake on personnel decisions.

pondwater jack

Quote from: radar on October 20, 2014, 10:56:48 pm
Jack, do you have any ideas on medications that would help Mike stop whistling while on air?
The hard truth is that Mike Irwin is suffering from a sinus infection.  That is what it sounds like to me over the radio.  I aint a doctor but I know a sinus infection when i hear one.  Sounds like a dog whistle.  And ive heard those plenty. I can only imagine every dog within earshot of the raddio yesterday afternoon spinning in circles as he snorted and whistled into the microphone. 

I think a good dose of benadrill would help mike irwin as much as anything.  Since he's adult i'd perscribe 2 teaspoons.  No, he don't need to drive around after he takes it.  Needs a good nap.  A long time ago when we'd get sick the doctor would tell us to take a few days off to rest instead of working.  Now its "take your dog whistle and get back to work!"  Yep.  Mike needs to take some benadrill and a nap.  He's sounded cranky lately anyway.  probly wore out. 
Quote from: showme on October 20, 2014, 11:17:55 pm
Agree, not even close. Gurley is head and shoulders better than Chubb.

Everyone tells us that our coaches always play the best player and always know who deserves to play the most but I guess that doesn't hold true for other coaches. Our coaches must be the only ones that never make a mistake on personnel decisions.
I'll bet if you lined up Chubbs and Gurley side by side, Chubbs is faster.  He was rated higher out of high school if i remember correctly.

What seperates them is playing time.  I personally garantee that Chubbs will go farther in the NFL.  I got an eye for talent.  It's Chubbs.  He cuts like a cuttin horse.  and is lower to the ground so he was harder to tackle than Gurley. 

I'm glad to put this baby to bed.

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Jackrabbit Hog

Jack, we're just lucky that Chubbs didn't get hurt and they woulda had to put in the next guy in line; think his name is Slim.  Ol' Slim is something like 5 foot nuthin and maybe 2 and a half bills, but we didn't want no part of him.  He'd be startin for most other SEC teams ('cept the Hogs).  I'm tellin ya, Georgia is a recruitin machine.  That Rickt fella has been doing it a lot of years and it's only a matter of time until he gets a ring hisself.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pondwater jack

People like Mark Richt and me know that a guy like Chubbs is worth his weight in gold during an SEC game.  When you have to slug it out with another team you don't need a guy like Gurley.  I could easily argue that Gurley is what has cost them this year.  My sources say that he is a pre-madonna.  Chubbs is selfless and elusive.  He sets low like a shetland pony.  I think that would be a good name for Chubbs.  The Shetland Pony.  Low to the ground and breakaway speed.  I don't think anyone on here would argue that...

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Overtheroadtruckdriver

What I admire about jack in this thread is that he is as concerned with iron mike (i think iron mike is appropriate given the way he's fought through this head cold) as he is the team.

Do we have a greater humanitarian on hogville than our own j. Holly?   MAYBE lanny.  Possibly Forrest city joe.  It's a short list.  That much I know.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: OTR on October 21, 2014, 10:09:24 am
What I admire about jack in this thread is that he is as concerned with iron mike (i think iron mike is appropriate given the way he's fought through this head cold) as he is the team.

Do we have a greater humanitarian on hogville than our own j. Holly?   MAYBE lanny.  Possibly Forrest city joe.  It's a short list.  That much I know.

Don't go around flaunting false humility, OTR.  You know you belong on that list as well.  You and Swaggy O.

Oh, and lest you forget, Mike Irwin is Jack's alter ego on Hogville.  We cracked that nut a few weeks ago.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pondwater jack

I think we all saw just exactly how importent Brook Ellis is to this team on Saturday. 

He is the straw that stirs the drink on our D.  We played without our QB on D and got burned.  Nobody talking about it save me and "Whistling" Mike Irwin. 

I hope we get him back this week or at least for the home game on the 1st.

J. Holly Blasingame,  II

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 10:32:26 am
I think we all saw just exactly how importent Brook Ellis is to this team on Saturday. 

He is the straw that stirs the drink on our D.  We played without our QB on D and got burned.  Nobody talking about it save me and "Whistling" Mike Irwin. 

I hope we get him back this week or at least for the home game on the 1st.

J. Holly Blasingame,  II

The man gets high praise and he shakes it off like it never happened.  That's why j. Holly has always been the common poster's best friend here on hogville.

SemperFi

Chubbs is good, but the Hogs defense and their lack of tackling "effort" made him look great. Where was that defense from the Bama game? Georgia is a good football team, but not 31 pts in the 2nd qtr better than the Hogs. Turnovers, stupid mistakes and poor effort gave that game away. I'm not blaming Coach because I know that he's fighting an uphill war with this team, but there has got to be an answer for their poor performance on Saturday. Maybe after some fiery speeches, some foot-in-arse teaching moments they'll respond by beating UAB like a drum. My hopes are that we'll go no less than 3-2 the remainder of the way and make it to a Bowl game at 6-6. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

DoctorSusscrofa

It wouldn't surprise me if we play better when we get Brooks back.  We might now have won this game even with him, but I bet we play better defense when he's back.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

pondwater jack

Quote from: SemperFi on October 21, 2014, 10:39:21 am
Chubbs is good, but the Hogs defense and their lack of tackling "effort" made him look great. Where was that defense from the Bama game? Georgia is a good football team, but not 31 pts in the 2nd qtr better than the Hogs. Turnovers, stupid mistakes and poor effort gave that game away. I'm not blaming Coach because I know that he's fighting an uphill war with this team, but there has got to be an answer for their poor performance on Saturday. Maybe after some fiery speeches, some foot-in-arse teaching moments they'll respond by beating UAB like a drum. My hopes are that we'll go no less than 3-2 the remainder of the way and make it to a Bowl game at 6-6. WPS!
SemperFi, how much of this was becasue it was the week after we played Alabama? 

Do you think we would have beat them if we'd had Ellis on the field?  I think a lot of people have overlooked Ellis being out.  And Marshall on kickoffs. 

We seem to get a lot of mistakes to overcome.  Nickel and diming ourselves todeath out there.

J. Holly

pondwater jack

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 21, 2014, 10:42:03 am
It wouldn't surprise me if we play better when we get Brooks back.  We might now have won this game even with him, but I bet we play better defense when he's back.
Great minds think alike.  LOL i just asked Semper Fi the same question.

Jack

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 09:33:48 am
The hard truth is that Mike Irwin is suffering from a sinus infection.  That is what it sounds like to me over the radio.  I aint a doctor but I know a sinus infection when i hear one.  Sounds like a dog whistle.  And ive heard those plenty. I can only imagine every dog within earshot of the raddio yesterday afternoon spinning in circles as he snorted and whistled into the microphone. 

I think a good dose of benadrill would help mike irwin as much as anything.  Since he's adult i'd perscribe 2 teaspoons.  No, he don't need to drive around after he takes it.  Needs a good nap.  A long time ago when we'd get sick the doctor would tell us to take a few days off to rest instead of working.  Now its "take your dog whistle and get back to work!"  Yep.  Mike needs to take some benadrill and a nap.  He's sounded cranky lately anyway.  probly wore out.  I'll bet if you lined up Chubbs and Gurley side by side, Chubbs is faster.  He was rated higher out of high school if i remember correctly.

What seperates them is playing time.  I personally garantee that Chubbs will go farther in the NFL.  I got an eye for talent.  It's Chubbs.  He cuts like a cuttin horse.  and is lower to the ground so he was harder to tackle than Gurley. 

I'm glad to put this baby to bed.

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Jack I know you ain't no doctor in a classical cents, but what I do know that most people don't know is that Ma Blasingame was known far and wide for her medical knowledge and that many folks still call her and ask to be diagnosed before they ever go to the doctor (I have seen her fragile old hands crack open that worn out medical encyclopedia myself more than once) and I know some of that knowledge done rubbed off on you.  Having said that, you seem to be pretty certain that Iron Mike has a sinus infection.  Some here are calling it a head cold.  How do you distinguish between the two and how did you diagnose him? Was it glassy eyes?  A pained look of fever on his face?  Something I'm missing based on your description of him on the TV yesterday?  How did you know exactly what he has?  Can you help us?

I wish Ma had been around to whomp up a poltus for me Friday after I got warped on the ear by a bee.  It swole up bigger than a catcher's mitt and was thicker than an Amarillo 72 oz steak.

pondwater jack

Well, first off, I am a huge Mike Irwin fan.  I listen every day at noon because he on with Mike Davis? (he played running back for Petino a couple of years ago) and that Other Guy.  He has more insight into hog football than most on here will ever know.  And he banned the he!! out of the pompous Ballhog1 (which was long overdue, not that I'm keeping score). 

As far as yesterday goes.  I've always thought that Mike would make a good Country Singer becasue of his brassy baratone/bass voice.  He sounds like a big bass fiddle most days.  I mean that as a compliment.  If he can carry a tune he could work in Branson in a country music show.  He could front for Andy Williams without a doubt.  Open and shut case.

But yesterday he was listening to some dude calling in and while the guy was calling in i heard what sounded like a long slow "come" call on a dog whistle.  (I use two "shorts" for fetch and a long "slow" for come when I train in case they get off in the woods and start playing).  Well I heard this whistling and I realized that it was Mike Irwin breathing into the mic.  When I whistle like that it is restricted air flow.  nothing more.  nothing less.  Usually you can temporarily cure it with sudafed (the meth-cooking kind not the other one).  But I believe that Whistlin Mike needs a sabbatical and a good dose of benadrill and a long nap. 

As far as the content of the show?  Mike is spot on on every point.  He knocks em out of the park on footballand basketball.  And IF i ever get the chance to meet the person that canned mike from TV....well I don't want anything down in writing but ill have my day there too...

J. Holly Blasingame, II

pondwater jack

Quote from: MrKnowItAll on October 20, 2014, 01:49:12 pm
9 pound bluebird,,Hmmm,,,,never seen one of those. What county?
if you haven't seen one you haven't been paying attention

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 11:15:54 am
Well, first off, I am a huge Mike Irwin fan.  I listen every day at noon because he on with Mike Davis? (he played running back for Petino a couple of years ago) and that Other Guy.  He has more insight into hog football than most on here will ever know.  And he banned the he!! out of the pompous Ballhog1 (which was long overdue, not that I'm keeping score). 

As far as yesterday goes.  I've always thought that Mike would make a good Country Singer becasue of his brassy baratone/bass voice.  He sounds like a big bass fiddle most days.  I mean that as a compliment.  If he can carry a tune he could work in Branson in a country music show.  He could front for Andy Williams without a doubt.  Open and shut case.

But yesterday he was listening to some dude calling in and while the guy was calling in i heard what sounded like a long slow "come" call on a dog whistle.  (I use two "shorts" for fetch and a long "slow" for come when I train in case they get off in the woods and start playing).  Well I heard this whistling and I realized that it was Mike Irwin breathing into the mic.  When I whistle like that it is restricted air flow.  nothing more.  nothing less.  Usually you can temporarily cure it with sudafed (the meth-cooking kind not the other one).  But I believe that Whistlin Mike needs a sabbatical and a good dose of benadrill and a long nap. 

As far as the content of the show?  Mike is spot on on every point.  He knocks em out of the park on footballand basketball.  And IF i ever get the chance to meet the person that canned mike from TV....well I don't want anything down in writing but ill have my day there too...

J. Holly Blasingame, II

I agree on Iron Mike.  What I like is that he isn't afraid to mix it up in here with local jokels but then he goes on the air and is the consummate professional.  Most tv celebrities don't get in here and go to loggerheads with some of the real knuckleheads.  Iron Mike does.  Plus he really knows sports and understands the game more than a lot of the talking heads. And he's been around long enough to know the history and politics of the University and has been privy to knowledge even well connected folks like the Wilsons and Blasingames haven't been privy to. The fact that he sent ballhog1 packing is enough by itself to make me a fan. 

Jack, one last question as I don't like to pry into anyone's medical history...you mention him possibly having some musical talent as a singer.  If you could have him record a song of country classics, what classic would be the one you can see rocketing him up the charts and why? Hate to put you on the spot like this.

pondwater jack

Quote from: OTR on October 21, 2014, 11:30:24 am
I agree on Iron Mike.  What I like is that he isn't afraid to mix it up in here with local jokels but then he goes on the air and is the consummate professional.  Most tv celebrities don't get in here and go to loggerheads with some of the real knuckleheads.  Iron Mike does.  Plus he really knows sports and understands the game more than a lot of the talking heads. And he's been around long enough to know the history and politics of the University and has been privy to knowledge even well connected folks like the Wilsons and Blasingames haven't been privy to. The fact that he sent ballhog1 packing is enough by itself to make me a fan. 

Jack, one last question as I don't like to pry into anyone's medical history...you mention him possibly having some musical talent as a singer.  If you could have him record a song of country classics, what classic would be the one you can see rocketing him up the charts and why? Hate to put you on the spot like this.
uugghh....I think we were all ready for a break from the hated Ballhog1.  Anyone that openly brags about puttin the screws to some ole broad pawning a lawnmower is the lowest of the low..."Broke it off in her! Haw haw!"  that's what he said.

As far as the Mike Irwin/Country Singer question goes, I don't mind at all.  I've actually sat in my pinto at lunch at Taco Bell here in Fort Smith and at times would close my eyes and try to imagine Mike Irwin baying out "hello walls" in the style of Faron Young.  Oh there are a couple more I'd like to hear him sing with modern recording backing him up, "Frauline" "islands in the stream" (duet with that news girl on here in the style of Kenny and Dolly.  Anything by Whispering Bill Anderson.  Whispering Bill and Whistlin Mike singing Pancho and Lefty  like Willie and Merle. 

I think the man really has football conncetions that most in the media only dream of.  Gettin close to noon so I got to fire up the Pinto and get where I can listen to the Golden Throat of Mike Irwin and all the idiots that call him ever day.  I wish that he'd talk until he don't got another thing to say about the hogs and then he'd just start singing...

J. Holly Blasingame, II

pondwater jack

Did you have something different in mind OTR?

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 11:43:07 am
uugghh....I think we were all ready for a break from the hated Ballhog1.  Anyone that openly brags about puttin the screws to some ole broad pawning a lawnmower is the lowest of the low..."Broke it off in her! Haw haw!"  that's what he said.

As far as the Mike Irwin/Country Singer question goes, I don't mind at all.  I've actually sat in my pinto at lunch at Taco Bell here in Fort Smith and at times would close my eyes and try to imagine Mike Irwin baying out "hello walls" in the style of Faron Young.  Oh there are a couple more I'd like to hear him sing with modern recording backing him up, "Frauline" "islands in the stream" (duet with that news girl on here in the style of Kenny and Dolly.  Anything by Whispering Bill Anderson.  Whispering Bill and Whistlin Mike singing Pancho and Lefty  like Willie and Merle. 

I think the man really has football conncetions that most in the media only dream of.  Gettin close to noon so I got to fire up the Pinto and get where I can listen to the Golden Throat of Mike Irwin and all the idiots that call him ever day.  I wish that he'd talk until he don't got another thing to say about the hogs and then he'd just start singing...

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Remember how Boxcar Willie used to make that train sound?  I wonder if Mike with a sinus infection could do that through his nose. I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Food for thought.  I gotta get this load of spinach to Little Rock  I can still post and drive but I might be a little slower....and I40 might be just a little more dangerous.

As for BH1, that wasn't a lawn mower he sold her.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: OTR on October 21, 2014, 11:53:21 am
Remember how Boxcar Willie used to make that train sound?  I wonder if Mike with a sinus infection could do that through his nose. I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Food for thought.  I gotta get this load of spinach to Little Rock  I can still post and drive but I might be a little slower....and I40 might be just a little more dangerous.

As for BH1, that wasn't a lawn mower he sold her.

OTR, did you have an 8 track in your truck?

Jackrabbit Hog

Mike Irwin singing some old Webb Pierce classics would be nice.  Maybe a little Porter Wagner as well.  None of this new age country by those pop wannabes. 

I wonder who Mike's favorite country artist is?  Bet it's Waylon.

pondwater jack

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 21, 2014, 12:04:10 pm
Mike Irwin singing some old Webb Pierce classics would be nice.  Maybe a little Porter Wagner as well.  None of this new age country by those pop wannabes. 

I wonder who Mike's favorite country artist is?  Bet it's Waylon.
not that it's any of my business but which porter wagoner songs did you have in mind

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 12:06:54 pm
not that it's any of my business but which porter wagoner songs did you have in mind

Love me some Green Green Grass of Home and also Sorrow on the Rocks.  I think Mike could do justice to both of those.

showme

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 09:33:48 am
I personally garantee that Chubbs will go farther in the NFL.  I got an eye for talent.  It's Chubbs.  He cuts like a cuttin horse.  and is lower to the ground so he was harder to tackle than Gurley. 

J. Holly Blasingame, II
well since you garantee it ................ what was i thinking ?

pondwater jack

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 21, 2014, 12:17:06 pm
Love me some Green Green Grass of Home and also Sorrow on the Rocks.  I think Mike could do justice to both of those.
hmmph....not bad but not where I would have gone. ..what about Web Pierce?

pondwater jack

Mike just chided a caller on the radio.  Raised his voice at him. Mad as hell. Love this cat.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 12:51:40 pm
Mike just chided a caller on the radio.  Raised his voice at him. Mad as hell. Love this cat.

He will scold you and won't think twice about it.  I have a feeling we may get it when he logs on. 

Over and out.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 12:48:09 pm
hmmph....not bad but not where I would have gone. ..what about Web Pierce?

Without question, In the Jailhouse Now.  That should be obvious.

pondwater jack

I don't think so.  I think Mike knows we admire him and respect him as a professional and his ability as a country crooner. 

I wish I could a been a sports man.  Or a weather guy.  I'd love the fame and noteriety that goes with it.  I would never turn anyone back if they asked me about the forecast while I was in line at macdonalds.  "Hey Jack.  How's the weather for this weekend? "  "looks partly cloudy 30% chance of rain.  High of 77."

Throngs of followers wantin to know the weather. ..

J holly

pondwater jack

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 21, 2014, 01:07:30 pm
Without question, In the Jailhouse Now.  That should be obvious.
I didn't think that was Web Pierce!  Do you think Mike could handle the high part on the chorus?"

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 01:15:07 pm
I didn't think that was Web Pierce!  Do you think Mike could handle the high part on the chorus?"
It was ol Webb.  No question about it.  I think Mike could probably do his falsetto and handle the high parts.

When I was a kid we went on a family vacation to Nashville.  Saw Webb at the Opry, back when it was still at the Ryman,  next day we took one of those bus tours that goes by all the country stars mansions.  Webb had a guitar shaped swimming pool in his back yard.  Made quite an impression on a young un like me.

I wonder if Mike has a swimming pool in his back yard?  Probably a football shaped pool.  Yeah, I can picture that for sure.

pondwater jack

I don't know the man.  Full disclosure.  But I do love listenin to his heavenly voice at noon each day.  I didn't know Mike had a pool.  If I had to guess at the shape...I'd guess something swank...like a eagle or a lion with a bar at one end and a stage at the other for the local bands.  I'll bet mike likes wrasslin.  Seems like the type.

J holly blasingame

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 21, 2014, 05:10:29 pm
I don't know the man.  Full disclosure.  But I do love listenin to his heavenly voice at noon each day.  I didn't know Mike had a pool.  If I had to guess at the shape...I'd guess something swank...like a eagle or a lion with a bar at one end and a stage at the other for the local bands.  I'll bet mike likes wrasslin.  Seems like the type.

J holly blasingame

Surprised he ain't weighed in.  Might be full of benadrill and asleep.  I took a couple for my sore ear saturday.  Conked out like a big old bear after three benadrill and 4 ibuprofen pms.  Ear was as sore as it could be.  It was swelled up as big as a tractor tire and was as red as a 1964 Razorback throwback game jersey.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: OTR on October 21, 2014, 05:41:50 pm
Surprised he ain't weighed in.  Might be full of benadrill and asleep.  I took a couple for my sore ear saturday.  Conked out like a big old bear after three benadrill and 4 ibuprofen pms.  Ear was as sore as it could be.  It was swelled up as big as a tractor tire and was as red as a 1964 Razorback throwback game jersey.

OTR, Casette Tapes or 8 tracks?

Overtheroadtruckdriver

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: OTR on October 21, 2014, 05:55:39 pm
Xm in the big rig.  8 track in my El camino.

I got XM too. You listen to College Sports Radio with Gene Chisik daily I'm sure.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 21, 2014, 06:05:22 pm
I got XM too. You listen to College Sports Radio with Gene Chisik daily I'm sure.

Hey...something in common...the two of us both having xm.  I guess we're better than everbody now.

I think I'm gonna eat a bean burrito tonight. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: OTR on October 21, 2014, 06:12:30 pm
Hey...something in common...the two of us both having xm.  I guess we're better than everbody now.

I think I'm gonna eat a bean burrito tonight.
Don't forget to floss your tooth.