Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please stop talking about the refs.

Started by arkfanchip, October 20, 2014, 12:49:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkfanchip

Every week it's the same thing on social media and message boards. The refs have nothing to do with our performance. Quit blaming them.

Our offense is to blame. The next conference  game look for this. Everytime we are in a bunch formation we run the trap inside. Everytime we spring out of the huddle it's the toss sweep. Everytime the fullback is offset to the weak side it's a play action pass to the fullback.

That coupled with our quarterback getting extreme happy feet everytime he gets hit one time, and the inability to run screens when teams are blitzing us like crazy, and not being able to kick field goals results in losing 12 straight conference games.

I love what bret is doing by holding players accountable but we have to do something about our inept  offense to be successful  in this league.

Wildhog

No one's BLAMING the refs.  It's absolutely not their faults that we keep losing.

HOWEVER, we have been the victim of some pretty horrible officiating this year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: arkfanchip on October 20, 2014, 12:49:24 pm
Every week it's the same thing on social media and message boards. The refs have nothing to do with our performance. Quit blaming them.

Our offense is to blame. The next conference  game look for this. Everytime we are in a bunch formation we run the trap inside. Everytime we spring out of the huddle it's the toss sweep. Everytime the fullback is offset to the weak side it's a play action pass to the fullback.

That coupled with our quarterback getting extreme happy feet everytime he gets hit one time, and the inability to run screens when teams are blitzing us like crazy, and not being able to kick field goals results in losing 12 straight conference games.

I love what bret is doing by holding players accountable but we have to do something about our inept  offense to be successful  in this league.

There are some who think the Hogs would have beaten USC in LA in 2005 if only the refs had been fair.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Wildhog on October 20, 2014, 12:50:38 pm
No one's BLAMING the refs.  It's absolutely not their faults that we keep losing.

Yep and ill times ones to BOOT!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

arkfanchip

Quote from: Wildhog on October 20, 2014, 12:50:38 pm

I completely agree the skipper personal foul call was terrible. And maybe everyone's social media feeds during games are not like mine but about 1 out of every 5 post are blaming the refs. That's just sore loser mentality.

arkfanchip

Outside of the bama game the officiating has been pretty good imo.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: arkfanchip on October 20, 2014, 12:57:23 pm
I completely agree the skipper personal foul call was terrible. And maybe everyone's social media feeds during games are not like mine but about 1 out of every 5 post are blaming the refs. That's just sore loser mentality.

Sorry we don't need you being a Mother , Father or a MOD here at Hogville.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

demonHOG1013

So the refs are responsible for the 4 other SEC games we've lost in row?

DeltaBoy

arkfanchip

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on October 20, 2014, 01:06:39 pm
So the refs are responsible for the 4 other SEC games we've lost in row?

No I was just talking about brets time here. Not going to blame the offense for the 4 games under John l

Hoggish1

I will quit blaming the refs when they officiate the game fairly.  You must not have seen the Bama game...

007 License To Squeal

In a 14-13 loss, a few bad calls CAN determine the outcome....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******