Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ND Pass Interference

Started by demonHOG1013, October 20, 2014, 11:29:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

demonHOG1013

Watching the video back, multiple times I think I have to agree with Brian Kelly about the call.  Number 20 for ND doesn't initiate the contact with the FSU DB.  Number 8 for FSU is playing press man and initiates the contact.  It can be argued that the top reciever  # 7 is looking back to for the ball and scrapes the DB, which is how the play is designed and NOT illegal.  I am not a ND homer either.

Hogarusa

The penalty was called on #7 for Notre Dame. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hogsanity

Was it OPI, yes. Does the same thing happen MULTIPLE times in games and not get called? Yes. Had the same thing happened in this game, by both teams, and not been called? Yes.

What I detest about the college rules, had the pass been thrown to a receiver behind the LOS, what the other two receivers were doing would have been perfectly fine.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

It was the right call. Neither one of the WR's even attempted to pretend that they were going to run a route. They went for the pick the whole way. If they sell it even just a little bit, there would be no call.

demonHOG1013

I would say that #7 looks the least like pass interference.  He gets his head around.  Looks like he is just trying to get off a jam.

demonHOG1013

but just throw it behind the LOS and its a TD either way.

hobhog

Anything to keep the over hyped domers out of the finals is a good call....

hogsanity

Quote from: hobhog on October 20, 2014, 11:53:05 am

right so we can have famous jameis and his rap sheet thug buddies in the playoff. That's just great.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WarPig88

Quote from: hogsanity on October 20, 2014, 11:56:20 am
right so we can have famous jameis and his rap sheet thug buddies in the playoff. That's just great.

Brian Kelly killed a kid by making him film practice from a tower in extremely strong wind conditions.

Pretty sure killing someone is a bad thing.

hogsanity

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 20, 2014, 12:00:03 pm
Brian Kelly killed a kid by making him film practice from a tower in extremely strong wind conditions.

Pretty sure killing someone is a bad thing.

I am not fan of Kelly's.  My personal hope was Stanford would finish the upset of ND, then ND would beat FSu, or that ND would beat FSU then go lose to Az St in a couple weeks.

WarPig88

Quote from: hogsanity on October 20, 2014, 12:03:12 pm
I am not fan of Kelly's.  My personal hope was Stanford would finish the upset of ND, then ND would beat FSu, or that ND would beat FSU then go lose to Az St in a couple weeks.

I know, but I am just saying that ND has its' warts as well.

I think the right thing to do in this case was to pull for a sink hole to swallow both teams up.  :)

BigSexyHog

The FSU guy was doing as much holding as the ND player was doing blocking.  Either way the call went I would have been upset.  F both of these lame ass teams and their fans
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Prosciutto

Quote from: hobhog on October 20, 2014, 11:53:05 am

I would rather see the Florida State Criminoles out of the playoffs.

Chestodrawers

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 20, 2014, 11:39:28 am
It was the right call. Neither one of the WR's even attempted to pretend that they were going to run a route. They went for the pick the whole way. If they sell it even just a little bit, there would be no call.
I agree. They knew what they wanted to do, just hold the defenders up for a split second, but they really didn't do a very good acting job. If they both hadn't been right together and right in front of the ref ND wins.

Hoggish1

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on October 20, 2014, 11:29:03 am
Watching the video back, multiple times I think I have to agree with Brian Kelly about the call.  Number 20 for ND doesn't initiate the contact with the FSU DB.  Number 8 for FSU is playing press man and initiates the contact.  It can be argued that the top reciever  # 7 is looking back to for the ball and scrapes the DB, which is how the play is designed and NOT illegal.  I am not a ND homer either.

Are you sure...?

Danny J

Yep....usually the WR will throw their arms in the air to show they are not blocking with their hands and usually get away with it. The ND WR just ran straight into the DB's arms in a blocking position.

Youngsta71701

Who cares about Notre Dame! This is a Hog board!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

sowmonella

ACC officials protecting Fl State. Should have never been called.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

catfish07

Quote from: sowmonella on October 20, 2014, 12:42:19 pm
ACC officials protecting Fl State. Should have never been called.

Laughable at best. Clearly a foul.
"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

Fatty McGee

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on October 20, 2014, 11:29:03 am

If you watch the play, though, the guy locked up with #7 isn't assigned to the player who caught the ball.  The one assigned to the guy who caught the ball was inside of him and would have never gotten there in the first place. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Danny J on October 20, 2014, 12:39:36 pm
Yep....usually the WR will throw their arms in the air to show they are not blocking with their hands and usually get away with it. The ND WR just ran straight into the DB's arms in a blocking position.

I mean, for goodness sakes, the guys looked like they were run blocking! Easy call.....

Fatty McGee

Both receivers were trying to go in, pivot and pin the DB behind them.  The DBs locked them up (look at their arms, they're on the outside and holding them) immediately and so it took them a minute to turn, but both did turn.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 20, 2014, 02:28:46 pm
I mean, for goodness sakes, the guys looked like they were run blocking! Easy call.....

They weren't run blocking, they had to push forward to get into the end zone so they could turn around and call for the ball.  The DBs immediately locked them up so they had to push through to get to the end zone.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Prosciutto on October 20, 2014, 12:30:51 pm
I would rather see the Florida State Criminoles out of the playoffs.

I wanna see them play Mississippi State.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

PORKULATOR

WRs illegally block on almost every play. They hold, epecially the stud receivers. It only gets called when an agenda has to be kept.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

nationwish

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on October 20, 2014, 11:45:16 am
but just throw it behind the LOS and its a TD either way.

Did you think that was how the play was drawn up? I don't know why they wouldn't have just thrown it behind the line of scrimmage. On such a short yardage play, you know it has a chance of being called.

The_Iceman

BigPapaHawg

I didn't like that call because I wanted to see ND beat them down!
WOO PIG

hogrocker

It definitely should have been called.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  20 hours ago

RT @TMitrosilis: Here's a great goal line Vine of Notre Dame's PI vs. FSU. https://vine.co/v/ObOBAdPbI5a "
[vine]ObOBAdPbI5a[/vine]
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net