Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ARCHIE MANNING TO TAKE LEAVE FROM PLAYOFF SELECTION COMMITTEE

Started by Lanny, October 20, 2014, 10:31:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

IRVING, Texas – Bill Hancock, Executive Director of the College Football Playoff, today announced that Archie Manning will take a leave of absence from the selection committee for the rest of the 2014 season.

Manning said he would undergo surgery next month to help relieve discomfort he is experiencing while walking and moving around. He will be unable to travel to the meetings.

"We will miss Archie," Hancock said.  "He has such a great knowledge of college football and history with the game, but we all understand his reason for taking a leave. I wish him all the best and look forward to his return in 2015."

Manning said, "It is an honor to serve on this committee, and I enjoy the group and was looking forward to the opportunity ahead.  My health had to be my primary concern and I intend to be up and about as soon as possible."

The committee has been meeting since November, 2013.  It will now have 12 members for the rest of the season.  The group will issue its first rankings Tuesday, October 28, and will also issue Top 25 rankings on five more Tuesdays before Selection Day, Sunday, December 7.

About the College Football Playoff
The College Football Playoff will begin with the 2014-15 season. The semifinals will match the No. 1 seed vs. No. 4, and No. 2 will face No. 3 in semifinal games that will rotate annually among the Peach Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. The first semifinals will be January 1, 2015, at the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl. The first national championship game will be January 12, 2015, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DeltaBoy

Heard that on the Radio this morning.  Prayers sent for Archie! He is a class act.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

popcornhog

Quote from: Lanny on October 20, 2014, 10:31:47 am
IRVING, Texas – Bill Hancock, Executive Director of the College Football Playoff, today announced that Archie Manning will take a leave of absence from the selection committee for the rest of the 2014 season.

Manning said he would undergo surgery next month to help relieve discomfort he is experiencing while walking and moving around. He will be unable to travel to the meetings.

"We will miss Archie," Hancock said.  "He has such a great knowledge of college football and history with the game, but we all understand his reason for taking a leave. I wish him all the best and look forward to his return in 2015."

Manning said, "It is an honor to serve on this committee, and I enjoy the group and was looking forward to the opportunity ahead.  My health had to be my primary concern and I intend to be up and about as soon as possible."

The committee has been meeting since November, 2013.  It will now have 12 members for the rest of the season.  The group will issue its first rankings Tuesday, October 28, and will also issue Top 25 rankings on five more Tuesdays before Selection Day, Sunday, December 7.

About the College Football Playoff
The College Football Playoff will begin with the 2014-15 season. The semifinals will match the No. 1 seed vs. No. 4, and No. 2 will face No. 3 in semifinal games that will rotate annually among the Peach Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. The first semifinals will be January 1, 2015, at the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl. The first national championship game will be January 12, 2015, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Interesting. He would have to recuse himself anyway if Ole Miss remains in the conversation.
WPS

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: popcornhog on October 20, 2014, 10:35:48 am
Interesting. He would have to recuse himself anyway if Ole Miss remains in the conversation.

They wont after the Hogs beat them. Hogville will say their 7-0 record was overrated and they are not a top 25 team.

ricepig

popcornhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 20, 2014, 10:46:07 am
SEC Forum, come on dude.......

Arkansas related because:

1) Lanny;

2) Jeff Long is Archie's boss on the committee; and

3) Arkansas can still make the playoff if each of the top 25 gets 4 losses and we win out.
WPS

John Futrall

Quote from: popcornhog on October 20, 2014, 11:00:48 am

1) Lanny;

3) Arkansas can still make the playoff if each of the top 25 gets 4 losses and we win out.

4) Lanny

5) Lanny

6) Frito Pie

Hogfaniam

Quote from: popcornhog on October 20, 2014, 10:35:48 am

It's why he's not toughing it out until Pearl Harbor Day.  Might as well get it done now, if he's going to have to back out anyway.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

DoctorSusscrofa

My very first Razorback game in person was the Sugar Bowl in Tulane Stadium on January 1, 1970 (Razorback fans wore "Archie Who?" buttons and Ole Miss wore "You know d&#@ well who!")  Couldn't stand him then, but respect and like him now.  Bill Montgomery played pretty well, but as I recall we couldn't buy a field goal when we needed one.

I still have my $7 Sugar Bowl ticket stub.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

AloRaptor

Quote from: popcornhog on October 20, 2014, 11:00:48 am

1) Lanny;

There's hope.  ;)