Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was the game over when we missed the XP?

Started by Ben, October 20, 2014, 09:32:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

I just feel the momentum and crowd went down after that and contributed to UGA scoring 38 unanswered.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

onebadrubi

My personal opinion is the 3rd down defensive stand and Tevin Mitchel's penalty, then Chub runs for like 60 yards for a TD the play after.  We are young and emotional, once the emotion swings we are in trouble. 

WarPig88

It didn't help.

You could see all kinds of bad body language on the sideline afterward and it felt like a little of the air went out of the stadium as well.

Razorfox

Sure seemed like it.  We seemed like a confident team on our first drive and then after the missed XP, we didn't do anything right for the rest of the half. 

texas tush hog

Quote from: Ben on October 20, 2014, 09:32:16 am
I just feel the momentum and crowd went down after that and contributed to UGA scoring 38 unanswered.

Quite possibly the most costly redshirt in the history of the program.

onebadrubi

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 20, 2014, 09:43:37 am

Quite possibly the most costly redshirt in the history of the program.

Are you going to sneak that tee out there that he needs to kick off of? 

The crowd was not out of the game after the missed FG.  The crowd was lively all three plays it took UGA to score, especially on the scoring play.  Also they were very loud on the Tevin Mitchell PF play which led to a huge stop. 

texas tush hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 20, 2014, 09:48:16 am
Are you going to sneak that tee out there that he needs to kick off of? 

Bogus info.

Pigsknuckles

Not really (IMO), but it foreshadowed what was to come next. Getting sacked on the first two plays of our second series when the running game had earlier proven productive was an anchor we couldn't shed . It was panic catch up from then on.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

OLDHOG

I probably think so. At least I felt that way.

Boston RedHogs

Yes....we should have stopped playing the game right then and there and just give the "W" to Georgia. <sarcasm off>

If a blocked extra point is enough to ruin your mindset for the entire game, then you have much, much larger issues than a missed PAT.

Guys, sometimes the answer is simple.  We played a horrible 2nd Qtr.  That's it.  The schemes were awful (coaching), the execution was even worse (players)...add to that a lack of discipline (penalties), and you arrive at surrendering 31 points in one quarter.  It's unfathomable and monumentally disappointing.....but I can categorically say it had nothing to do with the botched PAT.

This team is good enough and talented enough to win in this conference RIGHT NOW.  What's killed them in every game they've lost is a sustained period of play where they have their heads up their collective a$$es....THAT'S A COACHING ISSUE....

onebadrubi

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 20, 2014, 09:52:37 am
Bogus info.

Oh yeah?  Whats make you so sure and positive you have the correct info?  a 31 point 2nd qtr was much more detrimental to the final score of a 32-45 game than that single point. 

Hogcephus

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 20, 2014, 09:34:38 am
My personal opinion is the 3rd down defensive stand and Tevin Mitchel's penalty, then Chub runs for like 60 yards for a TD the play after.  We are young and emotional, once the emotion swings we are in trouble.

I was at the game and this is when it really changed.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogcephus on October 20, 2014, 10:21:26 am

As was I that is when the spirit's left the drunkies.

Redhogs

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 20, 2014, 10:11:20 am
Yes....we should have stopped playing the game right then and there and just give the "W" to Georgia. <sarcasm off>

If a blocked extra point is enough to ruin your mindset for the entire game, then you have much, much larger issues than a missed PAT.

Guys, sometimes the answer is simple.  We played a horrible 2nd Qtr.  That's it.  The schemes were awful (coaching), the execution was even worse (players)...add to that a lack of discipline (penalties), and you arrive at surrendering 31 points in one quarter.  It's unfathomable and monumentally disappointing.....but I can categorically say it had nothing to do with the botched PAT.

This team is good enough and talented enough to win in this conference RIGHT NOW.  What's killed them in every game they've lost is a sustained period of play where they have their heads up their collective a$$es....THAT'S A COACHING ISSUE....
Thank-you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ShadowTheHedgehog

The XP was not that bad in itself. The XP and the following drive by Georgia was demoralizing (Georgia had about four plays and a TD), then a series of turnovers and mental mistakes followed, and the team was out of it until the coaches could talk to them at halftime. 

BigE_23

The missed PAT started it...but the game was over on our second offensive series.

We recovered an onside kick attempt from UGA, and instead of doing what worked on the first drive and pounding it right at them, Chaney's dumb a$$ went play action two times in a row, and UGA knew it was coming. They sent a blitz both times and we were in 3rd and 33 in a blink. Next thing we knew it was 38-6.

Jim Chaney continues to make poor play calling decisions at crucial points of the game. I personally don't think we will ever maintain success with him as our OC.

hogfan10

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 20, 2014, 09:55:09 am
Not really (IMO), but it foreshadowed what was to come next. Getting sacked on the first two plays of our second series when the running game had earlier proven productive was an anchor we couldn't shed . It was panic catch up from then on.

Bingo, totally agree.

WarPig88

Quote from: Hogcephus on October 20, 2014, 10:21:26 am

I was at the game also and it changed after PAT and the ease with which GA scored on their ensuing drive.

I have noticed that our team is emotionally immature. I hope this is due to youth.

hogfan58

Quote from: BigE_23 on October 20, 2014, 10:45:56 am
The missed PAT started it...but the game was over on our second offensive series.

We recovered an onside kick attempt from UGA, and instead of doing what worked on the first drive and pounding it right at them, Chaney's dumb a$$ went play action two times in a row, and UGA knew it was coming. They sent a blitz both times and we were in 3rd and 33 in a blink. Next thing we knew it was 38-6.

Jim Chaney continues to make poor play calling decisions at crucial points of the game. I personally don't think we will ever maintain success with him as our OC.

This.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 20, 2014, 09:34:38 am

This is really when we blew the game. From this point on we were just marking time. By half it didn't matter whether we played better or not.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton