Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAB

Started by lahawg1, October 20, 2014, 06:04:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lahawg1

Time to turn the corner and put GA behind. We can't change the outcome so look ahead and this week I feel sorry for UAB, lots of anger gonna be taken out this week. GO HOGS!!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

One big miss in last year's schedule was a non con opponents in the middle of the schedule. This will help by breaking the current losing streak hopefully getting some guys playing time and maybe the chance to give some others a much needed rest or lighter work load. That coupled with a bye the following week should help get ready for that final stretch of conf games.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ex-Trumpet

Don't pencil in an auto-win just yet...UAB is much better than Nicc St.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2014, 07:55:21 am

I'm sure they're better than TT and NIU also.   :puke:

Supermark101

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2014, 07:55:21 am

But worse than Texas Tech.

They give up almost 30 a game. They had 548 yards against Miss St, but gave up 292 rushing. They gave up 229 yards rushing to Middle Tenn, last week.

chuggs33

I think UAB is an improved team from what they have been, but the pissed off  :razorback: are gonna throttle them. 

DeltaBoy

We drop this one and the hog stuff goes back in storage till next year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

chuggs33

I've said it before, but I've just got a feeling that the coaches are gonna have this team clicking on all cylinders come Saturday.  And I think the players will be pissed off and hungry.  A focused, ready team will show up for the rest of the season and I see us getting the 3 wins we need to go bowling.  And we might just get more than 3.   

PorkRinds

Quote from: chuggs33 on October 20, 2014, 08:31:26 am
I've said it before, but I've just got a feeling that the coaches are gonna have this team clicking on all cylinders come Saturday.  And I think the players will be pissed off and hungry.  A focused, ready team will show up for the rest of the season and I see us getting the 3 wins we need to go bowling.  And we might just get more than 3.

At this point, we'll be lucky to get the three we need to get to a bowl.  I see LSU and Mizzou as the likely SEC wins, but they both played lights out this weekend. 

GlassofSwine

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 20, 2014, 08:33:18 am
At this point, we'll be lucky to get the three we need to get to a bowl.  I see LSU and Mizzou as the likely SEC wins, but they both played lights out this weekend.

Mizzou played dreadful on offense. Mauk threw for 20 yards in the game and they had 120 yards of total offense(are something close). They won that game because Florida was even worse. This of course after losing to Georgia 34-0. Of course, that doesn't mean we beat Mizzou but we can, they are the worst team on our SEC schedule. .

Sweet Feet

Hogs win,  However dont sleep on UAB. They played Miss St tough for a little bit.

BRHogfan

They forced Mississippi State into 8 punts, and were leading in the 2nd quarter.  It took a 3 touchdown 3rd quarter from the Bulldogs to put the game out of reach, but UAB also blanked MSU in the 4th quarter. 

They are definitely up and down, because that game has been their best performance of the season, but we may get another one of their best efforts.

chuggs33

If we come in focused and play the way we all know we can, then we will win going away, as we should. 

razorbackinva

When we beat UAB by 30+ points will everyone calm down.  I am upset as anyone about the Georgia loss but we all have seen the games and watched every down.  The Arkansas team that arrived in Little Rock was clearly not focused.  We all (team and fans included) got hyped up leading to the game and lost focus.  Without those turnovers we beat Georgia.  Think about it... 4-8 then 3-9 and this year we had a chance against #6 Texas A&M, #7 Alabama, #10 Georgia.  It is coming...  focus on the improvements and the wins will pour in.   :razorback:

DeltaBoy

The Hogs looked all out of sorts.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.