Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What has shocked you the most so far?

Started by HF#1, October 19, 2014, 09:03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on October 21, 2014, 03:39:56 pm
I am surprised that we still are employing a failed SEC Offensive coordinator.  I do not care what happens the remainder of this season, we can do better than JC at OC.  We should do that and everything else will fall into place.  :razorback:

Oh yes.....Jim Chaney the fall.guy. the guy that you guys set up to be the fall guy for the year before we had even played a down this fall.

I got news for you. Jim Chaney isn't going anywhere unless it is his own accord.

Bret likes him. I know that won't jive with you boys way of thinking but it is what it is.

Let's see if some of the varnish comes off that statute of Bret that yall are ready to unveil when Chaney is here next year.

PRJ

goneal

Quote from: LZH on October 20, 2014, 01:37:00 pm
Very good post.

What is shocking to me is the amount of effort and energy that some people will spend defending a coach who has underperformed thus far.  Yes, we've shown improvement lately, but we still lost those games.  By my count, that's 4 games in two years that we should have won but found a way to lose.  That's underperforming.  So why is it impossible for some folks to admit that?  Apparently the love of a coach trumps the love of the program.

And why is pointing out anything positive about Bobby Petrino's teams automatically considered an insult to BB?  And what does complimenting BB's style of football have to do with Petrino's offenses?  We aren't the University of Petrino, or the University of Bielema....I dearly hope everyone eventually gets this thru their heads.

Oh wow!! Totally hetero here, but I love you guys!!! I could not agree more with both of these posts. Spot on.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Hogs-n-Roses

wachhog

Quote from: goneal on October 22, 2014, 09:45:09 pm
Oh wow!! Totally hetero here, but I love you guys!!! I could not agree more with both of these posts. Spot on.
I cannot imagine that it is the love of a coach who only loses. I think it is the hatred of a coach who 1. Replaced the one they loved or. 2. Slighted them in some perceived way.

older boar

Our competition!!

We have faced a "perfect storm" trying to rebuild when every SEC team we play are at or near their historical peak in strength at the time we play them. I know similar replies have been posted in this thread but good grief--4 out of the top 5 in the polls are SEC west competitors which is a first in FBS history. We're not just asking this team to compete but to compete against the very best in the land week in and week out.

IMHO we as fans have a responsibility to look at the big picture and to keep things in perspective.

HF#1

Quote from: older boar on October 23, 2014, 10:26:46 pm
Our competition!!

We have faced a "perfect storm" trying to rebuild when every SEC team we play are at or near their historical peak in strength at the time we play them. I know similar replies have been posted in this thread but good grief--4 out of the top 5 in the polls are SEC west competitors which is a first in FBS history. We're not just asking this team to compete but to compete against the very best in the land week in and week out.

IMHO we as fans have a responsibility to look at the big picture and to keep things in perspective.

This board knows nothing of keeping things in perspective.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin