Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What has shocked you the most so far?

Started by HF#1, October 19, 2014, 09:03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: GolfnHog on October 20, 2014, 10:58:54 am
The Hogs will get there but, until then, your question can wait. I do like the progress that this team has made this year though I never anticipated we'd be in any conversations of playoff contention.

The Hogs are a SO & FR laden team that are playing key roles and all things considered, they're improving but not at a rate that is acceptable by the masses that think they could coach this team and make winners out of them and bowl contenders in 1.5 years.

Patience is not a commodity that's well received in Hognation but it's required.

They were actually "bowl contenders" last season.  This year a bowl, albeit a lowly one is mandatory.

The fact that most expect only a minor bowl is showing great patience.

jlhogfan

Quote from: GolfnHog on October 20, 2014, 10:58:54 am
The Hogs will get there but, until then, your question can wait. I do like the progress that this team has made this year though I never anticipated we'd be in any conversations of playoff contention.

The Hogs are a SO & FR laden team that are playing key roles and all things considered, they're improving but not at a rate that is acceptable by the masses that think they could coach this team and make winners out of them and bowl contenders in 1.5 years.

Patience is not a commodity that's well received in Hognation but it's required.

Get where? That was a question about what people thought about Coach B and what kind of program we are going to be with him.  I don't believe many were expecting 7-5 or 8-3 this year.  Barely squeaking into a very minor bowl would be a success, and it could still happen.  IMO. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: jlhogfan on October 20, 2014, 11:03:35 am
Get where? That was a question about what people thought about Coach B and what kind of program we are going to be with him.  I don't believe many were expecting 7-5 or 8-3 this year.  Barely squeaking into a very minor bowl would be a success, and it could still happen.  IMO.

No, most people at this site predicted anywhere from 7-5 all the way to 9-3.  7-5 isn't asking much.  It's actually insulting to anyone with pride.

I think we're now stuck at 6-6, a Belk Bowl or Duck Commander Bowl invite which is nothing to write home about.

HF#1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 20, 2014, 11:02:37 am
They were actually "bowl contenders" last season.  This year a bowl, albeit a lowly one is mandatory.

The fact that most expect only a minor bowl is showing great patience.

Maybe we should ask ourselves is 3-9 to 6-6 and realistic jump?   Or would 3-9 to 5-7 be the more realistic measure of improvement.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogcard1964

Quote from: HF#1 on October 20, 2014, 11:06:15 am
Maybe we should ask ourselves is 3-9 to 6-6 and realistic jump?   Or would 3-9 to 5-7 be the more realistic measure of improvement.

A low tier bowl game is progress. In our case, it won't be much to brag about, but it will help the program.

HF#1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 20, 2014, 11:07:50 am
A low tier bowl game is progress. In our case, it won't be much to brag about, but it will help the program.

But is it realistic?  Now that we are 7 games into the season, is it realistic?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RazorPiggie

If Mallett and Hocker were on this roster we'd be sitting a top 25 team. That's the difference a couple of players make. But we don't have a Mallett or a Wilson for that matter at QB. The Allen boys are BP recruits. It would be asinine to put Peavy in there this year. A True Freshman rarely works well in the SEC. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: HF#1 on October 20, 2014, 11:08:37 am

Absolutely.

We have at least 3 more wins in us this year.

HF#1

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 20, 2014, 11:09:10 am
Your response is exactly what I am talking about.

I am fully aware that it will take time to reestablish this program to being a contender for the west.

But 0-12 where we have only scored during the 4th quarter 3 times should alarm anyone.

I am not even close for calling for the coach's head, but I am for paying a little more attention to what is going on up there as the losses mount.

Did you know we only returned 3 punts all of last season? Have you seen how bad the special teams are in general? Kick coverage is awful and without Marshall, there is zero threat in any of our return games.

The offense struggles to pass the ball because there is a lack of commitment to having a real passing game in this system. This will be Coach B's 3rd straight season of not passing for 2000 yards if they miss it again this year.

There is plenty to be concerned about if your remain objective about the new coach and system.

And that ain't trolling.

Give me 2 legit playmakers that can do things like return punts and make big plays on offense? 

Granted, Allen has missed opportunities for big plays for whatever reason. 

KJ Hill will remedy the punt return situation and help with our WR core.  But we have to wait for him to get here. 

It takes time to even make a bowl coming from the depth of hell we came from.

jlhogfan

Quote from: HF#1 on October 20, 2014, 11:08:37 am

Yes sir, it is realistic and should be expected

RazorPiggie

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 20, 2014, 11:09:10 am
Your response is exactly what I am talking about.

I am fully aware that it will take time to reestablish this program to being a contender for the west.

But 0-12 where we have only scored during the 4th quarter 3 times should alarm anyone.

I am not even close for calling for the coach's head, but I am for paying a little more attention to what is going on up there as the losses mount.

Did you know we only returned 3 punts all of last season? Have you seen how bad the special teams are in general? Kick coverage is awful and without Marshall, there is zero threat in any of our return games.

The offense struggles to pass the ball because there is a lack of commitment to having a real passing game in this system. This will be Coach B's 3rd straight season of not passing for 2000 yards if they miss it again this year.

There is plenty to be concerned about if your remain objective about the new coach and system.

And that ain't trolling.

BA will have to miss game time to not get to 2000 yards. All he has to do is average 140 per game the rest of the way to get to 2000. And he is currently averaging 40 more yards than that right now.

Kevin

that more freshman & sophomores are not playing

no kicker

how good tolliver is

execution is getting worse

not playing clean, football
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogcard1964

Quote from: Kevin on October 20, 2014, 11:14:10 am
that more freshman & sophomores are not playing

no kicker

how good tolliver is

execution is getting worse

not playing clean, football

Actually dirty football.

Danny J

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 19, 2014, 10:49:36 pm
You can't be serious.  I mean that quite literally.
Yes....I am very serious. Name me a time you can remember our special teams have been this bad.

We run away from balls that should be fair caught. We can't kick a FG beyond 25 yards and we can't block well enough to even kick extra points on occasion. How many touchbacks have we kicked this year? We have had one bad snap on a FG attempt and one bad hold on another. We can't place our punts very well and have a very hard time flipping the field. Those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head.

The only two positives on special teams are the Marshall kickoff return against the mighty Nichols team and the fake punt TD. The two muffs against Bama were nothing we did special and one of those kicks was so short I think it surprised the Bama players.

So yes....special teams have been quite shocking and so have the key penalties that cost us the aTm game and allowed UGA to stay on the field to go ahead and score to put them up 14-6 when we had them stopped on 3rd down.

Danny J

FWF79

We are still betting on BA to be the QB of the future.  Should have been giving someone else some reps.   

EastexHawg

October 20, 2014, 11:37:22 am #116 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:54:40 am by EastexHawg
Quote from: HF#1 on October 20, 2014, 10:31:28 am
Pretty sure Philon was an addition by Bielema.  Peters is gone. 

Philon was signed by Petrino.

When Peters was flipped from Tennessee and signed it was thought to be one of the greatest recruiting coups since...oh, maybe sinced we flipped Joe Adams from USC. 

https://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1325641

He was solid as a freshman, then was injured for what would have been his sophomore year.  For some reason he and Bielema apparently didn't click and he left.  I'm not sure how that is Petrino's fault.

WarPig88

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 20, 2014, 11:13:54 am
BA will have to miss game time to not get to 2000 yards. All he has to do is average 140 per game the rest of the way to get to 2000. And he is currently averaging 40 more yards than that right now.

2000 yards is an EXTREMELY low number. It's hardly the break over point for even being average in a passing attack.

Fact is, we only use passing as a weapon when we get behind or AFTER we can't run the ball anymore.

This is not balance. We are currently 51st in passing efficiency and 93rd in passing offense. The further we move away from the Nichols game the more the passing efficiency number will plummet.

We are 50th in passing yards per completion. 71st in completion pct.

To add a little perspective, Auburn, Bama, A&M, Miss St, and Ole Miss are all in the top 20 for team passing efficiency. LSU is 36th.

Bama is 4th, Miss St. is 6th, Ole Miss 10th, Aub 14th, and A&M is 20th.

This almost mirrors the balance of power in our division. Think that is coincidence?

Our commitment to having a good passing game has got to be stepped up if we really want to compete in our division and conference.

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 20, 2014, 11:48:11 am
Depth of hell?  LMAO.  Either you read the board too much and have convinced yourself, which seems to be the case considering your "left with nothing but warm bodies" post earlier in this thread...or you just like to inject a little extra drama into your statements.

I never have said we had NO TALENT.  The problem was depth.  Yes, BP did sign 3 or 4 very good d-linemen, but they had no quality backups.  very thin at Lb, and the db's he signed are all the same, very easily baited into misplaying routes, until this year very poor tackling in space.

It is depth.  The hogs have 34 players listed as jr or sr on the roster, and at several of them are players I have never heard of, and I don't think they play much if at all. Meanwhile a team like MSU has 17 Sr's or rsjrs in their starting 22.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

EastexHawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 20, 2014, 10:47:31 am
Not sure what you have been watching to say the DBs have been solid other than the ones that CBB has recruited.

We are currently ranked 72nd nationally in pass yards allowed per game.  That's not a great statistic, but it's not the worst.  Among those below us are:

Notre Dame
Arizona State
USC
Kansas State
UCLA
Oklahoma
Arizona
Oregon
Oklahoma State
BYU

and

MISSISSIPPI STATE

None of us can click on the board without reading that we have absolutely played the best schedule of anyone in America.  We're playing pass defense better than some of the most highly ranked teams in America, including the #1 ranked team with Mullen's 27 seniors or whatever the number is, and yet considering who we have played and who we have outranked statistically you find "solid" to be a gross exaggeration?

Okay.

WarPig88

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 20, 2014, 12:13:48 pm
We are currently ranked 72nd nationally in pass yards allowed per game.  That's not a great statistic, but it's not the worst.  Among those below us are:

Notre Dame
Arizona State
USC
Kansas State
UCLA
Oklahoma
Arizona
Oregon
Oklahoma State
BYU

and

MISSISSIPPI STATE

None of us can click on the board without reading that we have absolutely played the best schedule of anyone in America.  We're playing pass defense better than some of the most highly ranked teams in America, including the #1 ranked team with Mullen's 27 seniors or whatever the number is, and yet considering who we have played and who we have outranked statistically you find "solid" to be a gross exaggeration?

Okay.

I agree East on this but I would also say that context is important anytime you look at stats.

Teams like Miss St. are going to give up more pass yards because they are often ahead in their games and teams are passing more in order to catch back up.

In our case, we give up passing yards as a primary weapon against us. We can't really stop it so teams are not afraid to burn us with it right from the get go.

But this has been a problem for decades here. We are not going to consistently have a great defensive backfield because there are so few great defensive backs out there to begin with and after Bama, Aub, LSU, Ga, Tex, OU, OSU, USC, Fla St get done taking theirs off the top, there aren't a lot left to go around.

It's one of the reasons I am skeptical that a Wisc approach to football can work in Fayetteville. Even when we get a lead we are susceptible to the very thing that a team has to do to get back in a game when trailing.

This league gets 60 guys a year drafted from it. There are a lot of weapons on the top tier SEC teams and we are trying to defend against them with 2nd tier recruits.

It's not a sound strategy.

Oklahawg

Quote from: HF#1 on October 20, 2014, 11:11:55 am
Give me 2 legit playmakers that can do things like return punts and make big plays on offense? 

Granted, Allen has missed opportunities for big plays for whatever reason. 

KJ Hill will remedy the punt return situation and help with our WR core.  But we have to wait for him to get here. 

It takes time to even make a bowl coming from the depth of hell we came from.

Good post.

I will post again, we cannot control what the other 6 SEC West teams are doing. We have to dig out of our own hole before we can worry about the rest. That means letting go of wins/losses, and that may mean letting go of a bowl. The best you can expect is the 4 wins that we schedule by choice and hope to garner two more in the conference. We are as likely to do that as we were in July (and, I would argue, closer than we were in July) but no one had any idea that the two MS schools were so good.

A year ago we needed a dozen players to be difference makers in the depth chart. Now, we need 2-3 to be difference makers and another dozen for depth. This is said in support of the notion that a single impact player on offense might be the difference between 3-4 and 5-2. The folks barking about special teams have less to worry about if there is a hot new recruit doing the work at PR. It doesn't take more than a return or two to "suddenly" have that situation flip.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogsanity

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 20, 2014, 12:24:47 pm

Teams like Miss St. are going to give up more pass yards because they are often ahead in their games and teams are passing more in order to catch back up.

In our case, we give up passing yards as a primary weapon against us. We can't really stop it so teams are not afraid to burn us with it right from the get go.

But this has been a problem for decades here.

EXACTLY. After falling behind 6-0, and with a really good running game, what was the 1st thing GA came out and did on Offense Sat? Hit two long passes.  When the Hogs got a littel too close for comfort in the 4th Q, what did GA do, hit a long pass. 

Our pass defense is what it has been for a long time now.  A&M would have thrown for about 100 more than they did had they not had two big drops, and a receiver fall down when the only thing between him and the endzone was turf.

I will assure East that the Hogs will be worse than 72nd after they play old misses and msu.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Oklahawg

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 20, 2014, 12:24:47 pm
I agree East on this but I would also say that context is important anytime you look at stats.

But this has been a problem for decades here. We are not going to consistently have a great defensive backfield because there are so few great defensive backs out there to begin with and after Bama, Aub, LSU, Ga, Tex, OU, OSU, USC, Fla St get done taking theirs off the top, there aren't a lot left to go around.

It's one of the reasons I am skeptical that a Wisc approach to football can work in Fayetteville. Even when we get a lead we are susceptible to the very thing that a team has to do to get back in a game when trailing.

This league gets 60 guys a year drafted from it. There are a lot of weapons on the top tier SEC teams and we are trying to defend against them with 2nd tier recruits.

It's not a sound strategy.

Ranking numbers for numbers' sake is a bit crude. It tells part of the story but not all of the story.

Teams will make yardage. How do you want them to make their yards? If you are choosing the method you are "winning". If you are getting a fast-score team to take 10 plays to score you are "winning" - they are going to get antsy and make mistakes.

The befuddling thing about UGA - even with the score 7-6 we were in good shape. We had burned their defense by having them on the field for 7+ minutes and only sat for 2 min. Could have exploited that, but didn't. Little things like that matter when assessing numbers.

How many yards are gained after the game is out of hand? Did the opponent trot out second teamers? Notice that Richt didn't play second teamers (much, anyway) and talked in a presser about worrying about our comeback. Situational data must be factored.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig In The City

That players have held up emotionally this far without an sec win. I hope they stay the course. I'm sure it can be a demoralizing thing to go through. Fans have to stay behind this group of kids! They are bringing a knife to a gun fight right now.

Pig In The City

Smokehouse

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 20, 2014, 11:06:02 am
No, most people at this site predicted anywhere from 7-5 all the way to 9-3.  7-5 isn't asking much.  It's actually insulting to anyone with pride.

I think we're now stuck at 6-6, a Belk Bowl or Duck Commander Bowl invite which is nothing to write home about.

Pride doesn't add talented players to the roster. Or give you the ability to sign more than 25 guys a year. Don't take it out on the staff because people on Hogville had unrealistic expectations of where this team should go.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

dhornjr1

What shocks me the most is that we are a few self-inflicted mistakes away from being 5-2 with wins over A&M and Alabama.

I expected us to be 3-4 or even 2-5 at this point. But I thought we would get throttled by both of those teams.

WarPig88

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 20, 2014, 12:45:17 pm
Ranking numbers for numbers' sake is a bit crude. It tells part of the story but not all of the story.

Teams will make yardage. How do you want them to make their yards? If you are choosing the method you are "winning". If you are getting a fast-score team to take 10 plays to score you are "winning" - they are going to get antsy and make mistakes.

The befuddling thing about UGA - even with the score 7-6 we were in good shape. We had burned their defense by having them on the field for 7+ minutes and only sat for 2 min. Could have exploited that, but didn't. Little things like that matter when assessing numbers.

How many yards are gained after the game is out of hand? Did the opponent trot out second teamers? Notice that Richt didn't play second teamers (much, anyway) and talked in a presser about worrying about our comeback. Situational data must be factored.

If Richt was truly worried about our comeback, he was the only person in the stadium that was. Most of the people in our section left after the 3rd quarter and many left at halftime.

There was no comeback that I saw. I saw a strategy by GA that forced us to use clock to score and as long as they burned some clock there was no way that we were coming back.

The game was not as close as the score indicated at all. Richt's comments were coach speak.

Dropkick

I don't know if I'm most shocked that we lost to.........

Then ranked #6 Auburn, now ranked #5
Then ranked #6 A&M
Then ranked #7 Alabama, now ranked #4
Then ranked #10 Georgia, now ranked #9

sarcasm off!

demonHOG1013

I'm most shocked that we have thrown the football 99 times over the last two games

RazorPiggie

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on October 20, 2014, 01:20:50 pm
I'm most shocked that we have thrown the football 99 times over the last two games

What are we supposed to do when the line isn't blocking well/defense puts 10 in the box?

PorkRinds

I'm shocked at the amount of hell raising around here after we get beat by 4 top ten teams as an unranked team.  Did anyone expect us to win any 4 of these conference games before the season started?  We've mostly said all along that the stretch after Bama was our best chance for a conference win, so nothing's changed.  We'll get to a bowl if we're lucky.  This was never going to be the year of the razorback. 

LZH

Quote from: Bebop on October 20, 2014, 10:56:28 am
What I'm most shocked by is that lack of leadership. This lack of leadership has caused us to be undisciplined, sloppy, and has cost us games. Real leadership doesn't crumble in the 4th when you are up two scores. Real leadership takes advantage of mistakes and overcomes your own mistakes. Real leadership would have maintain the lead at A&M and won the game that Bama was trying to give us. Real leadership outsmarts your opponent either by doing the same thing that is working effectively or trying something different when it doesn't. We lack real leadership from the coaches to the players. The proof is in the pudding.

Very good post.

What is shocking to me is the amount of effort and energy that some people will spend defending a coach who has underperformed thus far.  Yes, we've shown improvement lately, but we still lost those games.  By my count, that's 4 games in two years that we should have won but found a way to lose.  That's underperforming.  So why is it impossible for some folks to admit that?  Apparently the love of a coach trumps the love of the program.

And why is pointing out anything positive about Bobby Petrino's teams automatically considered an insult to BB?  And what does complimenting BB's style of football have to do with Petrino's offenses?  We aren't the University of Petrino, or the University of Bielema....I dearly hope everyone eventually gets this thru their heads.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 20, 2014, 11:13:54 am

Tell me....can you show me where that vast improvement has helped in the win column?

Thanks

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: LZH on October 20, 2014, 01:37:00 pm
Very good post.

What is shocking to me is the amount of effort and energy that some people will spend defending a coach who has underperformed thus far.  Yes, we've shown improvement lately, but we still lost those games.  By my count, that's 4 games in two years that we should have won but found a way to lose.  That's underperforming.  So why is it impossible for some folks to admit that?  Apparently the love of a coach trumps the love of the program.

And why is pointing out anything positive about Bobby Petrino's teams automatically considered an insult to BB?  And what does complimenting BB's style of football have to do with Petrino's offenses?  We aren't the University of Petrino, or the University of Bielema....I dearly hope everyone eventually gets this thru their heads.

And you know what that comes from?

They think his wife is hot....You cant make that up

PRJ

hogsanity

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 01:44:07 pm
Tell me....can you show me where that vast improvement has helped in the win column?

Thanks

PRJ

Many people- fans, analysts ( local and national ) and some sec coaches- said the Hogs could be the most improved team in the sec this year, and still only win 4 or 5 games. That is how deep the hole was, and how tough the schedule is.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 20, 2014, 11:37:22 am
Philon was signed by Petrino.

When Peters was flipped from Tennessee and signed it was thought to be one of the greatest recruiting coups since...oh, maybe sinced we flipped Joe Adams from USC. 

https://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1325641

He was solid as a freshman, then was injured for what would have been his sophomore year.  For some reason he and Bielema apparently didn't click and he left.  I'm not sure how that is Petrino's fault.

EastTex, the post there that you just responded to....Shows that most of these guys don't have the knowledge of anything having to do with this program or our history....

They just defend Bielema at any cost.....and I firmly believe it is because they have a crush on his wife.....His wife is hot, blah, blah.

They don't have a clue

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: hogsanity on October 20, 2014, 01:49:29 pm
Many people- fans, analysts ( local and national ) and some sec coaches- said the Hogs could be the most improved team in the sec this year, and still only win 4 or 5 games. That is how deep the hole was, and how tough the schedule is.

There is no leadership Sanity. I know dang well you see it.

I will tell you this....We are the number one team in the country for shooting ourselves in the foot....Whether it be turnovers, untimely, stupid penalities, spinchter tightening.....We got that mastered.

PRJ

PorkRinds

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 01:53:55 pm
No its not Porkrinds.....and you know it.

PRJ

I'd be willing to bet the farm on the fact that out of the many of us who believe that CBB will get it done here in time, not a single one believes it based on what his wife looks like.  Not a single one. YJMSU.

code red

I am surprised at the lack of discipline.  It is quite obvious to me.  Auburn thought we played with some discipline.  A&M..the dropped INT...the personal foul penalties ultimately cost us the game.  Bama...the fumble in the EZ....2 dropped INTS....1 lost fumble.....2 fumbles not covered....poor use of TO's....and special teams disasters.....UGA.  Well where do you start.  We took a step back.  We read our own press clippings and obviously watched ESPN Gameday.  I don't expect us to win a SEC game I didn't as the beginning of the season.  But, A&M gave us that game and so did Bama.  Should be 5-2.  So...shocked at lack of discipline and the continued inability to finish games in the 4th qtr.  Leads at Rutgers, MissState, LSU, A&M, Bama....all losses.  That is not an anomaly that is a trend.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PorkRinds

Quote from: code red on October 20, 2014, 01:55:48 pm
I am surprised at the lack of discipline.  It is quite obvious to me.  Auburn thought we played with some discipline.  A&M..the dropped INT...the personal foul penalties ultimately cost us the game.  Bama...the fumble in the EZ....2 dropped INTS....1 lost fumble.....2 fumbles not covered....poor use of TO's....and special teams disasters.....UGA.  Well where do you start.  We took a step back.  We read our own press clippings and obviously watched ESPN Gameday.  I don't expect us to win a SEC game I didn't as the beginning of the season.  But, A&M gave us that game and so did Bama.  Should be 5-2.  So...shocked at lack of discipline and the continued inability to finish games in the 4th qtr.  Leads at Rutgers, MissState, LSU, A&M, Bama....all losses.  That is not an anomaly that is a trend.

I too am pretty darn shocked that the lack of discipline has lost us two very close games.  I thought this was a strong point, but it's like it falls apart at the least opportune times.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 20, 2014, 01:55:06 pm
I'd be willing to bet the farm on the fact that out of the many of us who believe that CBB will get it done here in time, not a single one believes it based on what his wife looks like.  Not a single one. YJMSU.

You ever went to a coffee shop and ordered a black coffee.....And they bring it back to you and it is decaffeinated. You tell the waiter that it isn't caffeinated and he says, Yes, I am sorry. We know the problem and we are fixing the problem.....And then he turns around and brings you the same hot mess in a cup that he brought you the first time?

You can set there and give me reason after reason that he is doing this, doing that and on and on and so forth. He can come out and tell us he is knows the problems and he is fixing them and we are so close, so very close....But the proof is in the results.....

PRJ

PorkRinds

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 02:00:02 pm
You ever went to a coffee shop and ordered a black coffee.....And they bring it back to you and it is decaffeinated. You tell the waiter that it isn't caffeinated and he says, Yes, I am sorry. We know the problem and we are fixing the problem.....And then he turns around and brings you the same hot mess in a cup that he brought you the first time?

You can set there and give me reason after reason that he is doing this, doing that and on and on and so forth. He can come out and tell us he is knows the problems and he is fixing them and we are so close, so very close....But the proof is in the results.....

PRJ

Which has nothing to do with his wife, as you stated.  I've seen improvement.  I'm sick of losses too.  But making asinine connections about fans liking him because of his wife isn't going to help and doesn't even deserve to be acknowledged.  I'll be the first one to tell you CBB has made some mistakes, but I also believe that he's made progress, and will be fine here once the wins come.  Unlike some people, I take no pleasure out of coaches being bashed and the fan base being divided. 

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 20, 2014, 02:04:04 pm
Which has nothing to do with his wife, as you stated.  I've seen improvement.  I'm sick of losses too.  But making asinine connections about fans liking him because of his wife isn't going to help and doesn't even deserve to be acknowledged.  I'll be the first one to tell you CBB has made some mistakes, but I also believe that he's made progress, and will be fine here once the wins come.  Unlike some people, I take no pleasure out of coaches being bashed and the fan base being divided. 

His wife is a major infatuation with several here who want to post up and fight to the death over a coach who has done exactly jack squat in 19 games here.

PRJ

007 License To Squeal

I am shocked at the lack of any competence in our FG kicking ability.  The inability to score a FG or extra point is absolutely incomprehensible.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

TheRazorbackGuy

The degression of Alex Collins is not a positive sign. How he has declined is what has shocked me so far, the most.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy

link=topic=578629.msg9284185#msg9284185 date=1413833359

The degression of Alex Collins is not a positive sign. How he has declined is what has shocked me so far, the most.

I believe there will be more to that story coming out towards the end of they year.

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 20, 2014, 02:36:52 pm
Maybe you should go confront coach B on the practice field. 

I know, I know....He would body slam me through the field....blah, blah.

I notice we have quit defending specific problems when it comes to Bret....and have just went full, batten down the hatch's, for better or worse, defend at all costs...

It is really shameful that people will defend a coach over a program...

PRJ

PorkRinds

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 02:41:25 pm
I know, I know....He would body slam me through the field....blah, blah.

I notice we have quit defending specific problems when it comes to Bret....and have just went full, batten down the hatch's, for better or worse, defend at all costs...

It is really shameful that people will defend a coach over a program...

PRJ

I'll defend him for things I think he needs defended for, and blame him for things he shares the blame in.  Unfortunately, folks like you throw out garbage like "The only reason people like him is his hot wife", which shouldn't even be acknowledged, but is so rock hard dumb that it's hard to ignore.