Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't buy that Chaney's offense

Started by Piggfoot, October 19, 2014, 08:30:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 20, 2014, 08:36:34 am
I also don't buy that our OL aren't good in space and that is why we don't have a screen game. Hell, there are Junior High schools that can teach the screen. Not having any kind of screen allows the defense to rush with reckless abandon on obvious passing downs. I remember Georgia sending a cornerback on three consecutive downs. Why can they do this? They know we dont run a screen.

i said this on another thread.

i mean; a screen is basic stuff and EVERY team has that in its portfolio in case the pass rush is a problem.  it's the default play scheme.  when they're killing you, soften them up.  it works time and again and EVERYONE can do it.

i just don't get that. 
The rest of the frog.

Bebop

Quote from: Kevin on October 20, 2014, 09:17:28 pm
When you cannot run it then you have to do something

We can't we run the ball? Are we being predictable?

I think our passing routes could be modified to make them less slow-developing. I don't know all of the particulars of why we seem to be so ineffective at times, but there is something amiss with our offense. It's not just talent or depth.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Kevin on October 20, 2014, 09:06:37 pm
I think Chaney is working with the cbb offense   
This is not the offense they ran at Tennessee

Bielema's wr routes were much different as well.  he ran a lot of TE seam routes, middle routes, and slants, along with different boundary routes.  Not real sure where some of this coming from (which coaches instruction and past). 

When you are behind and fumbling, throwing interceptions, and generally screwing up, no offense or defense works.

We are not very good.  For sure, on a good day, we can, for a certain period of time, take the measure of a very good team, but we cannot sustain that effort for a full game.  It is clear to see that the rushing offense we would love to use is very effective if you are the better team and can just run over people.  You keep the TOP and limit the defense to fewer minutes on the field and wear the other team down and win.  It isn't that easy when the other team is just better than you are.

There is a reason some teams spread the field.  Its simple, get some defenders out of the way and limit their ability to interfere in the play.  Try and get your best on some defenders that are not their best.  Get the few very good players you do have in space.  The plan is really simple.  Actually doing it is sooooo much more difficult.  Running the Wadup and bunch your players up and force all 11 defenders to defend a small area seems to play into their hands more than helping us.

I do not believe we are operating the BB or the Chaney offense.  Much like last year, once the awe of the power run is overcome by the other team, we seem to just sort of attempt a bunch of other plays to see if they might work.  Most of them don't appear too well practiced and planned.