Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hog chatter here and there

Started by ballz2thewall, October 19, 2014, 07:48:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

on reading a few national boards with regional and conference groupings, the hogs are getting quite a bit of mention among non-hog fans.  more-so than florida. some have us as the only team that can take kentucky.  perhaps this is a hangover from last year; dunno.

but we're being discussed.  that's good to know.
The rest of the frog.

slapdogg

Yes I may be a homer but this is the year for basketball to take off. I love my hogs football and basketball but when BWA is going it is nothing like it.
:razorback:go hogs go

piggie 316

Like the fact that we may be relevant again. Go Hogs.

Razorod

I'm excited about the season. Can't wait for exhibition and early non-conference games.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

TheRazorback500

We have a deep versatile team with a lot of experience. We should be a national player. I'm ready.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Danny J

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on October 19, 2014, 08:44:07 pm
We have a deep versatile team with a lot of experience. We should be a national player. I'm ready.

:razorback:
Agreed...this team is both deep and talented. Are they UF and UK talented? No...but depth + style + having all the right pieces will make up for that. As you mentioned this team is versatile. We will have a low post game with a couple good shot blockers, they won't be pushed around, we now have a couple true PG's and one of which is a pretty decent shooter who seems to make good decisions and is a couple years removed from HS.

I still firmly believe it will be mid-end of January before we start seeing this team completely gel. As with CMA's system it will take a bit of time for new comers to get the hang of the defense.

rusvegashog

Curious to see how much if any Kingsley has evolved. He sure does look the part when he's playing well.

Razorod

I know it is a pipe dream, but to have Portis and Kingsely in Razorback uniforms the next two seasons would be great. It would potentially make 2015-2016 a very special season.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

MalzahnFan

Does anyone know if the odds for wining the sec have came out? Going to Vegas In a month or two and would like to put some on the hogs.

bigred223

Quote from: Razorod on October 20, 2014, 07:43:56 am
I know it is a pipe dream, but to have Portis and Kingsely in Razorback uniforms the next two seasons would be great. It would potentially make 2015-2016 a very special season.

Wouldn't it be nice? I will be surprised if we have Bobby after this season. If he has a big year, then he will have a legit chance to be a first round pick. However, Bobby does love the Hogs, and we could get lucky and have him for another year. Moses will most definitely be a 4 year guy unless he really polishes his offensive game over the next two years. I honestly think Moses may have the highest ceiling on this team because he is so long and extremely athletic for such a big guy. Imagine a lineup with Beard, Monk, Whitt, Portis and Kingsley. Would be sweet.

cbhawg03

Quote from: slapdogg on October 19, 2014, 07:53:38 pm
Yes I may be a homer but this is the year for basketball to take off. I love my hogs football and basketball but when BWA is going it is nothing like it.
:razorback:go hogs go

Agree completely. I like football more than basketball, but nothing compares going to BWA for a big time game, such as Kentucky last year. Obviously it is enclosed, but I have never been to a football game that has even compared to a basketball game at BWA and I have been to a few of the best football game atmospheres that we have had.

arkansas1994

GuvHog

Quote from: Danny J on October 19, 2014, 08:53:59 pm
Agreed...this team is both deep and talented. Are they UF and UK talented? No...but depth + style + having all the right pieces will make up for that. As you mentioned this team is versatile. We will have a low post game with a couple good shot blockers, they won't be pushed around, we now have a couple true PG's and one of which is a pretty decent shooter who seems to make good decisions and is a couple years removed from HS.

I still firmly believe it will be mid-end of January before we start seeing this team completely gel. As with CMA's system it will take a bit of time for new comers to get the hang of the defense.

I agree this team is LOADED. So loaded that they are a serious Sweet Sixteen threat. As loaded as this team is, if they don't at least earn an NCAA Tournament bid Mike's seat will be seriously warm next season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rusvegashog

^^^^^Can we please for the love of all thats holy have a thread where we don't talk about the hot seat. Unless of course it's a Jessica Alba thread.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: rusvegashog on October 21, 2014, 10:27:51 am
^^^^^Can we please for the love of all thats holy have a thread where we don't talk about the hot seat. Unless of course it's a Jessica Alba thread.

^^^^^ Exactly this!
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Danny J

Quote from: MalzahnFan on October 20, 2014, 10:16:15 am
Does anyone know if the odds for wining the sec have came out? Going to Vegas In a month or two and would like to put some on the hogs.
Just a guess, and no I obviously don't have the odds, but it will likely be UK picked first, UF second and Arkansas third.

DownTownHawg

Quote from: rusvegashog on October 21, 2014, 10:27:51 am

Jeez .... No kidding already being negative , I don't get it .

WPS

rusvegashog

Quote from: DownTownHawg on October 21, 2014, 06:13:22 pm
Jeez .... No kidding already being negative , I don't get it .

WPS
Things must be great when you're "DownTown".?

mhuff

Quote from: Danny J on October 21, 2014, 05:40:07 pm
Just a guess, and no I obviously don't have the odds, but it will likely be UK picked first, UF second and Arkansas third.

mhuff

Quote from: bigred223 on October 20, 2014, 10:49:43 am
Wouldn't it be nice? I will be surprised if we have Bobby after this season. If he has a big year, then he will have a legit chance to be a first round pick. However, Bobby does love the Hogs, and we could get lucky and have him for another year. Moses will most definitely be a 4 year guy unless he really polishes his offensive game over the next two years. I honestly think Moses may have the highest ceiling on this team because he is so long and extremely athletic for such a big guy. Imagine a lineup with Beard, Monk, Whitt, Portis and Kingsley. Would be sweet.

Kingsley and Portis  are the two players that I am anxious to see this year..... Kingsley because you can tell that he works so hard.... and Portis because I want to see if he has improved close to the basket....also to see if he is using the backboard on close shots. I totally agree with Kingsley having a really high ceiling. How long has it been since we had a really dominant center?

Man I am excited to see them all.... especially new guards.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Nov 19th vs Wake!

Lets pack it out!