Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two positive takes from the game

Started by JIHawg, October 19, 2014, 05:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Out of necessity, we found the middle of the field on offense.  We can now incorporate passes over and down the middle into our offense.

Also, we come away knowing, if not for stupid mistakes and turnovers, we can play with the #10 team in the country.  If we just didn't give them the two touchdowns before half, this could have been an entirely different game.

Going forward, the rest of this season and next year, just the knowledge and confidence that we can play with any other team in the conference, that will be big.  No more 52-0 blowouts. 

Also, I think we will have a different starting qb next year.  Our coaches need a spring and fall practice to groom more than one into running the entire offense.  We are locked in to dancing who brung us now, but that will change next year.

Dr. Starcs

What on earth leads you to believe they are gonna make a change at qb, especially his sr year?

intelligence

It's easy to get behind you on your first point. We did find the middle of the field. The second point, I disagree totally. Georgia was conservative in the second half and practical allowed us to make it respectable

RazorPiggie

There are no positives from this game or this year. We suck, Fire CBB and Long and Chaney. BP is god and we will never win another SEC game. Time to shut down shop and never play a game again.

JIHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 19, 2014, 05:57:13 pm
What on earth leads you to believe they are gonna make a change at qb, especially his sr year?

Because at least one of the other options is potentially better.  This will happen.  Next spring, the coaches will make it a point of emphasis that the QB position is wide open.  IMO, one of the other two will take it from him.

Could this happen now?  No, because neither of the other two is on board enough this offense.  Remember it is quite a complicated offense for a QB to master.  If, for instance, Brandon got hurt, our offense would have to be highly curtailed for the backups. 

dc10x1103

Quote from: JIHawg on October 19, 2014, 05:55:11 pm
Out of necessity, we found the middle of the field on offense.  We can now incorporate passes over and down the middle into our offense.

Also, we come away knowing, if not for stupid mistakes and turnovers, we can play with the #10 team in the country.  If we just didn't give them the two touchdowns before half, this could have been an entirely different game.

Going forward, the rest of this season and next year, just the knowledge and confidence that we can play with any other team in the conference, that will be big.  No more 52-0 blowouts. 

Also, I think we will have a different starting qb next year.  Our coaches need a spring and fall practice to groom more than one into running the entire offense.  We are locked in to dancing who brung us now, but that will change next year.
you are dreaming if you think a 1st year qb would do better than BA as a senior.

Martygit

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 19, 2014, 06:02:51 pm
There are no positives from this game or this year. We suck, Fire CBB and Long and Chaney. BP is god and we will never win another SEC game. Time to shut down shop and never play a game again.

I respond to the first sentence - the rest is just crap - there really are some positives to take away from the game - if our teams from the past several years had suffered a beatdown like we did in the first half, they would have quit - this team didn't - we outplayed Georgia in the second half - certainly, it wasn't enough but I'm impressed that the players kept in the game rather than quitting - there are your positives
RIP OTR, REV

Kevin

No way will there be a qb battle this spring
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

intelligence

Quote from: MartinGit on October 19, 2014, 06:41:54 pm
I respond to the first sentence - the rest is just crap - there really are some positives to take away from the game - if our teams from the past several years had suffered a beatdown like we did in the first half, they would have quit - this team didn't - we outplayed Georgia in the second half - certainly, it wasn't enough but I'm impressed that the players kept in the game rather than quitting - there are your positives

pretty sure Razorpigget was being satirical.

Tick Hog

Quote from: Kevin on October 19, 2014, 06:42:12 pm
I agree with you and that's why I don't expect the results to be much different or at all. If we don't have anybody better on campus them time to go the JC route

RazorPiggie

Quote from: MartinGit on October 19, 2014, 06:41:54 pm

I was being slightly sarcastic. And I posted basically the same thing you said in another thread and the idiots still don't understand.

Danny J

Quote from: Kevin on October 19, 2014, 06:42:12 pm
And I will add that I can't even believe people truly believe there will be.

Allen will 100% for sure without a doubt no question about it be the QB next year.......period

zumhog

Martygit

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 19, 2014, 07:03:19 pm
I was being slightly sarcastic. And I posted basically the same thing you said in another thread and the idiots still don't understand.

Sorry - missed the sarcasm in the midst of this constant volley of negative criticism
RIP OTR, REV

CoveMan

Well... we finally put points on the board in the fourth quarter. That's a posotive

Theolesnort

After watching Dak Prescott I am of the mind to suggest Austin Cantrell to groom at QB. He is a fast, heck of a athlete, tough as a nut and has even played some qb in high school. Teach him to throw properly and........ I kid I kid.........I think I kid.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Iwastherein1969

you are obviously making an attempt at sarcasm, problem is, sarcasm doesn't involve in accurately predicting the future
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Madface Magician

Quote from: Danny J on October 19, 2014, 07:03:30 pm
And I will add that I can't even believe people truly believe there will be.

Allen will 100% for sure without a doubt no question about it be the QB next year.......period

If Allen is still the starter after spring 2015, expect a few transfers!!!

TheRazorback500

The positives that I saw was that Allen seemed to throw with more accuracy, and that a little tempo is not such a bad thing. We had a couple of efficient-looking drives in the second half.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: Madface Magician on October 19, 2014, 08:20:41 pm
If Allen is still the starter after spring 2015, expect a few transfers!!!
Get ready then ... Allen will start next year

Hoggish1

Quote from: JIHawg on October 19, 2014, 05:55:11 pm

The big plus was we won the second half by a large margin!

I was glad to see us hit passes over the middle and use No. 1, who had the speed we need, and the tall FL freshman receiver in the corner of the end zone.  Perhaps, we have turned a corner.

We lost, in effect, by 10 after giving UGA a lot of gift points (20 or more...).