Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia fan's view of WMS

Started by HamIAm, October 19, 2014, 05:24:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoglady on October 21, 2014, 07:01:55 pm
How many season tickets did Arkansas sell this year?
LSU sold over 74,000
Kentucky sold over 40,000.
Where does Arkansas fall in the mix?

LSU has been a LOT better team lately.......................I'd bet we outsold Kentucky..................Even IF not then your point is disproven due to the fact it is closer to larger MSA's than Fayetteville which you seem to think is most important. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoglady on October 21, 2014, 07:03:11 pm
There's really nothing to debate.
It's done and over.

It always fun to debate things. You don't know for a 100% certainty that it is over. It probably is, but it is still debatable for fun.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hobhog

The people on here that bitch about WMS don't go anyway. I appreciated the OP's post. Cool perspective.

Go Hogs.

LZH

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 21, 2014, 11:15:52 am
NWA MSA exceeds 500,000.   Fact!    These 500,000 are within an hour's drive of Razorback stadium.  Fact!

Yeah, I have to go thru Jackson to get down here to Clearwater.  I think I saw where the metro is about 540,000 and I think they're going backwards/losing population....God bless 'em.  That place is awful.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 21, 2014, 05:11:16 pm
FIFY

So you were against the SW Classic back when A&M was in the Big 12? I'm as anti-WMS as anyone, but the discussion is different if you're talking one OOC game. Plenty of schools look for a big neutral site game, and having one in LR would game the system for the Hogs.

That said, it's a moot point. LR will never get a stadium good enough to make it worthwhile, and no big time school would agree to play the Hogs in LR every year. Dallas serves the purpose much better, though I'd prefer to switch A&M for an OOC opponent.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 21, 2014, 11:21:25 pm
So you were against the SW Classic back when A&M was in the Big 12? I'm as anti-WMS as anyone, but the discussion is different if you're talking one OOC game. Plenty of schools look for a big neutral site game, and having one in LR would game the system for the Hogs.

That said, it's a moot point. LR will never get a stadium good enough to make it worthwhile, and no big time school would agree to play the Hogs in LR every year. Dallas serves the purpose much better, though I'd prefer to switch A&M for an OOC opponent.

No I wasn't against the SW classic. There is a huge difference since the Hogs get PAID big bucks to play there. Plus good exposure. IF WMS paid the Hogs as much as Jerryworld pays them then count me in for one game away from campus. Why do you think UGA and FLA play in Jacksonville? FOLLOW the money.