Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is our fanbase less intelligent than most?

Started by luke hawg, October 19, 2014, 04:38:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

You can't go by internet sites. Any fanbase, if you strictly by message boards, you would think they're all morons. You're not getting a true representation of, say, the 70,000 people going to a game. It's a relatively small percentage of people posting over and over.

The problem is, most people probably look at the internet traffic and comments and think, 'are we the dumbest fanbase?'. There are a lot of intelligent people out there that never or rarely post anything online. Only way to guage their opinion is to take a poll or something.

Razorhog2006q

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 19, 2014, 09:46:37 pm
"Fan base," or "message board fans?"

There is a difference.
This is the answer. I believe we have a disproportionate amount of these type of fans due to the fact that we don't have a professional sports team in Arkansas.  Most of these "fans" have never even been to the campus or donated so much as a single penny to the university. The Alabama schools are similar to us in that regard.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 19, 2014, 04:54:32 pm

We have the 4th dumbest fanbase in America. Closing in on the top spot quickly.

Lol......yeah.  After reading some of the latest posts....I would say we have probably moved up a couple of notches from 4th.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Peter Porker

Hey! When we play a Top 10 team and almost win the Bielema haters say, "see, we have the talent to win" but, when we play a Top 10 team and get smoked the Bielema haters say, "see it's the coaching".

Remember, the Bielema haters hated him since the day he was hired.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Wright43

Are our real fans less intelligent than others? No. Are people on hogville less intelligent? Read some of the posts for 5 minutes....

HognitiveDissonance

People here do the same thing. Someone will visit another team's message board and come back saying 'look at what these clowns are saying---they're all idiots'.

Not really fair to the other team's fans.

WarPig88

Quote from: luke hawg on October 19, 2014, 04:38:52 pm
We will be favored to win 3 games this season. We were picked to finish dead last in the SEC west last season and this season. Why are some people struggling with the concept that we aren't good due to a low level of elite division 1 talent in the elite division of college football?

Obviously you have never met an OU fan. Completely delusional.