Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What should Arkansas work on this week against UAB?

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, October 19, 2014, 04:29:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 20, 2014, 11:16:30 am
I was at the game.

BA had to move in the pocket a lot. When that happens, you are going to miss wide open guys.

The claim on this board is that the receivers can't get open by some. Others complain that they are open but BA can't see them. Which is it?

I see guys running free all the time for other college teams every game. Rarely have I seen this in our games and when I have it has been against our weakest opponents.

We have no quick hitting routes. Few routes that take anyone across the middle of the field.

Our approach to the passing game is pedestrian at best. It ain't just the qb, IMO.

It's the overall approach.

I think it's a little bit of both as far as the WR's not getting open and BA not seeing them when they are open.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 20, 2014, 11:18:22 am
Slow developing plays were killing us Saturday against UGA's pass rush.

Correct, play action wasn't working as they were blitzing, even if it was a run blitz to begin with. It's hard to be under center and hit a quick play, especially in our offense. When we try, it usually a quick slant, which most teams sit on from scouting us.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 20, 2014, 11:21:50 am
Correct, play action wasn't working as they were blitzing, even if it was a run blitz to begin with. It's hard to be under center and hit a quick play, especially in our offense. When we try, it usually a quick slant, which most teams sit on from scouting us.

"Quick" slant.

I wonder how many reps they've spent working on these, because we always seem to run them so sloppily.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Youngsta71701

The screen game. How do we know we're not good at the screen game if we don't try it against another team?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

BrokerHawg

hogsanity

As good as UAB is throwing the ball, this game sets up a lot like the TT game did. Now, if their backup has to start, not sure what impact that has except usually a teams backup is the backup for a reason. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2014, 08:33:36 am
As good as UAB is throwing the ball, this game sets up a lot like the TT game did. Now, if their backup has to start, not sure what impact that has except usually a teams backup is the backup for a reason.

Except for Arkansas's... ;)
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 19, 2014, 04:29:11 pm
Beyond the obvious of getting the 4th victory what would you most want to see Arkansas do with this week's opportunity against UAB?
To me it's short and simple: clean up the mistakes such as turnovers and stupid penalties. Get on the board early and often and close out the game the way we should: with a win.