Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What now?

Started by ArkansasI, October 19, 2014, 04:16:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasI

Like many that come here for their fix, I am a life long Hog fan. It's an illness for which I seek no cure.

Yesterday, the Hogs got beat by a better team. This year, the Hogs have lost to 4 teams that boast larger alumni bases, each with greater resources at their disposal to field better teams, and all were ranked in the top 10 when we played them.

I'm not in the locker room, but I was more than a bit concerned that the Hogs would be playing a little deflated. Personally, I was a little flat... We've lost some tight and emotionally charged games. This isn't to make excuses. I just figured we might be a bit fragile this weekend.

We're not a great team right now. Nonetheless, it's clear to me that this team remains a work in progress. Like many of us, I come here to vent. But I don't believe that now is the time to tear down this team and these coaches. We're all frustrated, but these Hogs are in need of an emotional lift. I hope Hog fans will step up.

I have always known it takes a little more to be a Razorback. Our success depends upon our ability to take the best talent in Arkansas, surround it with as good or better talent from outside the state, and then beat opponents that are not similarly situated.

For the first time in my life, the Hogs have a coach that left a great job, fully understanding the task at hand, and is gaining commitment from players that want to be a part of something that hasn't been accomplished in 50 years.

The mantra "Uncommon" is appropriate. This thing isn't going to get done in 2 years.  I hope everyone that is hacking away at this group is enjoying themselves. The Hogs aren't going to be as easy to pick apart in the near future.

swhawg

Great post and should be read and understood by many. I am seeing improvement with each game. This game we broke a streak of sorts. We scored in the 4th qtr. We gained some confidence in this game even though we lost. I think CBB is building a team that opposing coaches are seeing as a major problem in their schedules down the road. We'll get there. I hope we get over the hump and win an SEC game this year but if not I think we will win some next year. We've been down a long time but we will get back to where everyone wants us to be.