Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Sumlin will not get it done at A & M.

Started by luke hawg, October 19, 2014, 02:01:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

texas tush hog

Quote from: luke hawg on October 19, 2014, 02:01:47 pm
The man is not capable of fielding a defense. He is in year 3 with elite talent and still getting crushed 45-0 against Bama. The one thing that gives me hope is there is the possibility of us being good on both sides of the ball in time.

Keep thinking that way, it was our turn the last two years, now A&M gets their turn, but I see how they are recruiting down here and I wish we could get theirs some times. They will win and sustain it. I don't really give a rip what they do. All I care about is us, and we are losing, and I don't look for it to end soon. All you guys popping off about us beating Georgia were delusional and I tried to warn you, but you would not listen. We are good enough to play Aubie, A&M and Bama a close game but when it comes right down to it, we just don't have enough bullets yet to close the deal. Georgia just showed us how far we have to go. That was probably what Bama would have done on a dry field. With what we have now, and one more outstanding class maybe we turn the corner, but aren't quite there this year yet. I only hope we can get the wheels back on the bus and compete against the Misses.  I thought we had a 50-50 chance against LSU, but starting to wonder now. Our best chance is Mizzou, but hard to win on the road in the SEC. If we keep this staff together and close out this recruiting class we will be dangerous next year, if not outstanding, just don't set yourself up for heartache. I would love to see us arrive a year early, but I don't count on it.

farmhawg

And why is this thread allowed here and not moved to the sec?? Mod agenda?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

GoHogs1091

Sumlin is going to have to get a new Defensive Coordinator.  There is talent on that Defense this season, and they are still having problems.  It is because of the scheme Mark Snyder is utilizing.

If Sumlin does get a new DC, it will be interesting to see if he goes after Venables.  They coached together at Oklahoma, so they are probably friends.  Also, Venables has heavily recruited the State of Texas in the past and has landed many highly ranked recruits in Texas, so the recruiting aspect he would bring would just add to A&M's recruiting in that State.

It might take $1 million to get him (currently making $875,000 per year at Clemson; just got a $75,000 raise during this past offseason).  This all assumes though he doesn't get a head coaching job after this season (his name has come up for the SMU and the Kansas opening).

farmhawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 19, 2014, 07:24:10 pm
Sumlin is going to have to get a new Defensive Coordinator.  There is talent on that Defense this season, and they are still having problems.  It is because of the scheme Mark Snyder is utilizing.

If Sumlin does get a new DC, it will be interesting to see if he goes after Venables.  They coached together at Oklahoma, so they are probably friends.  Also, Venables has heavily recruited the State of Texas in the past and has landed many highly ranked recruits in Texas, so the recruiting aspect he would bring would just add to A&M's recruiting in that State.

It might take $1 million to get him (currently making $875,000 per year at Clemson; just got a $75,000 raise during this past offseason).  This all assumes though he doesn't get a head coaching job after this season (his name has come up for the SMU and the Kansas opening).
not venison again?? You must be a two trick pony with venison and conch.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Iwastherein1969

why do we care about the future of a coach who has beaten our azzes the only three times he's been given the chance ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: farmhawg on October 19, 2014, 07:26:18 pm
not venison again?? You must be a two trick pony with venison and conch.....

Well, he gets the job done, so Sumlin may try to get him.

His Clemson Defense this season through 7 games is allowing an average of 20 points per game (a total of 140 points scored by opponents).  Since Georgia scored 45, only 1 team has gotten to 25 points against Venables' Defense (he held Robert Petrino's Offense to 17 points).

For comparison purposes, Mike Stoops' OU Defense this season through 7 games is allowing an average of 22.85 points per game (a total of 160 points scored by opponents).

hogsanity

His 1st season with mainly his own recruits has to have some concerned in college station.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Bryant Disciple

It's safe to say that Saban is not losing any sleep worrying about Sumlin's offense.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 19, 2014, 03:47:01 pm

Sumlin will be fine.  He may want to hop to the NFL but id he sticks around and
continues recruiting top 10 classes, he will get the right DC at some point.  I hear Will Muschamp may be in need of a gig

If Sumlin loses again 52-0......he may want to ..."hop" pretty quick...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Positive Pete on October 19, 2014, 04:26:17 pm
I was pleased when he was hired.  Yes team is better but success is ultimately ab wins and loses. 

I really could care less about Bear Bryant's first few years.  If he was coached in this era at any school he may not have made to year three or four.  Can't believe I took time to respond to that.

Well I can't believe you posted the one I had responded too.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 19, 2014, 07:24:10 pm
Sumlin is going to have to get a new Defensive Coordinator.  There is talent on that Defense this season, and they are still having problems. 

If he brought in Will Muschamp, he could "gig" the longhorns.............. 8)

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  8 hours ago
Fingernails on a football whiteboard for A&M fans: 'That other team was really good': http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/Roster-shake-up-possible-after-latest-A-M-loss-5838753.php ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Atlhogfan1

I don't know about not getting it done.  But I have been saying since the beginning of the 2012 that he and the A&M program were being badly overhyped.  They have recruited well and will continue to do so.  They have had a number of picks including high 1st round picks yet a 3rd and 4th place finish in the SEC. 

Too many in our fan base bought into A&M and even as recently as a few weeks ago had A&M as a national power poised to dominate the SEC.  Out of all the fan bases in this conference, ours should have known better.  Those that cover football, NFL and college, lost their minds over Sumlin and A&M.  Sumlin was supposed to be not just the next great college coach but NFL coach.  The SEC wants so badly for A&M to be great. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbcarol

MrSEC @MrSEC  ·  8h 8 hours ago
It was just three months ago. Back at SEC Media Days. Texas A&M was picked for sixth in the SEC's West Division... http://fb.me/1QX2s5yTZ
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net