Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ping i25 Irons

Started by Ex-Trumpet, October 19, 2014, 01:35:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Trumpet

Demo'd a set the other day...really felt solid.

Anyone know if Ping has fixed their "issues" with the i20's delaminating?  Will there be an issue with the i25's?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

userpick

Everything I've read has said the problem is fixed. That being said, I've never had a problem with my i20s.

razordank42

im little few years back on the pings...i hit the i10s and luv them...before that i had the i3 for like 10 years......luv them both!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: razordank42 on October 19, 2014, 06:32:16 pm
im little few years back on the pings...i hit the i10s and luv them...before that i had the i3 for like 10 years......luv them both!!!

I have the i10's and i5's...love both sets for different reasons!  I have also played i3 Blades...and have a set of Eye 2+no+ that rarely get bag-time.  I just can't warm up the the look.  I like the old Eye 2 better than the plus.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 19, 2014, 08:08:31 pm
I have the i10's and i5's...love both sets for different reasons!  I have also played i3 Blades...and have a set of Eye 2+no+ that rarely get bag-time.  I just can't warm up the the look.  I like the old Eye 2 better than the plus.

I have an old eye 2 2 iron I rock from time to time.  I can stroke it for a 2 iron! 

cosmodrum

My new i25s will be here in about a week. I'll let you know. Should shave anywhere from 3-12 strokes off my game. Getting a new putter grip. Super stroke ultra slim sucked. That's another 2-6 strokes. I should shoot a 62 sometime soon. Maybe better if I'm swinging well.
Go away, batin'

rickm1976

Quote from: userpick on October 19, 2014, 04:07:26 pm
Everything I've read has said the problem is fixed. That being said, I've never had a problem with my i20s.

Same here.  Mine hit great, and no sign of problems.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 19, 2014, 11:27:32 pm
My new i25s will be here in about a week. I'll let you know. Should shave anywhere from 3-12 strokes off my game. Getting a new putter grip. Super stroke ultra slim sucked. That's another 2-6 strokes. I should shoot a 62 sometime soon. Maybe better if I'm swinging well.

Well, you clearly need a new G30 driver.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: userpick on October 19, 2014, 04:07:26 pm
Quote from: rickm1976 on October 20, 2014, 07:31:06 am
Same here.  Mine hit great, and no sign of problems.

I've actually heard more stories like yours, stating no problems...did anyone ever figure out why the delaminating problem existed for some?

razordank42

i won g30 in tourney this past august...didnt even break it out rapper went str8 to ebay.....im a taylormade man when it comes to my driver

rickm1976

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2014, 07:49:05 am
I've actually heard more stories like yours, stating no problems...did anyone ever figure out why the delaminating problem existed for some?

I would seriously look into finding a new or slightly used set of I20's that match your specifications (what I did) if you want to save a little money.  I know Ping never introduces a new design unless it really performs better (unlike Taylormade), but I really can't see how the I25's could hit any better than the I20's.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: rickm1976 on October 20, 2014, 09:53:57 am
I would seriously look into finding a new or slightly used set of I20's that match your specifications (what I did) if you want to save a little money.  I know Ping never introduces a new design unless it really performs better (unlike Taylormade), but I really can't see how the I25's could hit any better than the I20's.

They sound different...which tricks the mind!  Makes them feel "softer" to me. 

But, I love the feel of the old Eye 2's too...I just prefer the look of less offset like my i10's.

Ping needs to make a low offset version of the old Eye 2's, with the old lofts (eliminating the need for a gap wedge)!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: razordank42 on October 20, 2014, 09:50:23 am
i won g30 in tourney this past august...didnt even break it out rapper went str8 to ebay.....im a taylormade man when it comes to my driver

The reason it's always hard for me to buy Taylormade is the change technology faster than a computer or cell phones.  Hard to get behind that

razordank42

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 20, 2014, 10:22:12 am
The reason it's always hard for me to buy Taylormade is the change technology faster than a computer or cell phones.  Hard to get behind that

im usually about 2 years behind !!!

rickm1976

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2014, 09:58:05 am
They sound different...which tricks the mind!  Makes them feel "softer" to me. 

But, I love the feel of the old Eye 2's too...I just prefer the look of less offset like my i10's.

Ping needs to make a low offset version of the old Eye 2's, with the old lofts (eliminating the need for a gap wedge)!!

Boy would I love it if Ping came out with a less offset version of the old Eye 2's, and with legal grooves, not that I ever have to worry whether my grooves are legal or not.

cosmodrum

Quote from: razordank42 on October 20, 2014, 09:50:23 am

Titty or ping for me. I have a Burner 2.0 sitting in garage, being a hangout for spiders.
Go away, batin'

kingofdequeen

i wouldn't buy darn right now.  it's bout to get cold.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 21, 2014, 05:32:41 pm
i wouldn't buy darn right now.  it's bout to get cold.

Fort Thompson had a crossbow on sale, so I bought that. Now I have a freezer full of delicious venison.

Just in case you're looking for something to spend some cheddar on.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece