Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the oldest Hog Fan and what Year.

Started by BartIV, October 19, 2014, 12:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chaz

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

TheRazorback500

My first game was in 1967 in LR at the age of 7.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Pigasaurus

Born in 63.  Started hating Texas early 70's
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

seasonhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 19, 2014, 02:56:46 pm
Jackson will be a fullback for UA in the class of 2031. Big feet, big legs, lean in the middle, reminds me of a 14 month old Peyton Hillis. Sissy is just itty bitty and talkin all the time. Lots of fun and even more work.

How's the family and the health?
I know the football season can't be helping. Trying to quit smoking and well, I may just have to let go of this season.

I bet Jackson will be a hog........you will be so proud.......I bet Sissy is a cutie ....cheerleader....for Jackson.

Heath is good...thank for asking.

Our hogs has to get better...it is to the point now...that a 7 or 8 win season would feel like a nc season.

Later,

RockyMtnHog

Started in 1963 at the age of 10.  Everything back then was only on the radio and one regular season game a year on TV (Texas).

Yes, we huddled around the radio to listen to the Hogs.  The most fun was huddling around the camp fire at deer camp to listen to the Hogs.

My how times have changed.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

MountieDawg

If you have been a fan the last 3 years it's aged you a 100 years!!!
SEC!

Hogs-n-Roses

Sittin under a pecan tree in 1963 listen to my dad and uncle talk football about Jon Brittenum.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jimmiewkersh

listened to first game in the week after I was born in 1964.  Pretty sure I heard the Hogs win the National Championship game.  Have not missed many since then.

redeye

I was born in the late sixties and would say I've been a fan since the mid-seventies.  However, the first game I remember vividly was the '78 Orange Bowl and hearing how Arkansas didn't stand a chance without Cowins and Bobo.  The entire city of Little Rock was hootin' and hollerin' unlike anything I've seen since.  I don't think winning a national championship today would elicit a response as big as I saw that night.

Elrod

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on October 19, 2014, 08:06:58 pm
I grew up listing to Wallie Ingalls and Bob Cheyne describing the action on the radio. They were so good it was almost like being there.

The first game I saw in person was the 25 Little Pigs in 1954. I was 14 year old.

I am also a ChsTiger fan.  If it's the same Chs, I may have played some golf with you, at least seen you around town.  I'm a 43' model and attended my first game in early 50's against aTm. Great seating, north end zone, grassy slope on 2'X10' boards. Best I remember we won 7 to 6.

Hog1966

Born in 1966, moved to the state with parents in 1977. I remember my radio being my best friend. We got channel 3 out of Springfield Mo, and on good weather days channel 10. Needless to say watching a Razorback game on TV was a rare and great treat!

Junkyard Hog

BaggerHog

Quote from: Elrod on October 20, 2014, 02:13:51 am
I am also a ChsTiger fan.  If it's the same Chs, I may have played some golf with you, at least seen you around town.  I'm a 43' model and attended my first game in early 50's against aTm. Great seating, north end zone, grassy slope on 2'X10' boards. Best I remember we won 7 to 6.

It's entirely possible if you are from Charleston. I've played a lot of golf over the years before back problems forced me to give up the game about ten years ago. I loved golf so much I used the user name of Bagger Vance (from the movie) on this board for years before changing it last summer. I've played many golf courses in the area but my membership was at Little Creek.

I too was at Fayetteville for an A&M game that ended 7-6 but that was in 1957 and A&M won that game. Jack Mitchell was the Arkansas coach and Paul "Bear" Bryant coached A&M. A&M came into the game ranked NO.1 and the flu bug had hit the Razorback squad that week so everyone was expecting a blow out. We played our 2nd string QB and he led the Hogs to a TD on the opening series of the game but we missed the extra point. A&M scored from about 10 yards out with almost no time left in the first half when John David Crow (Heisman Trophy Winner) just ran over one of our d-backs. Freddy Akers missed a field goal from inside the 10 in the second half and we were about the 10 again very late in the game when John David Crow intercepted a pass in the endzone and that was the ball game. A&M had the biggest and meanest lineman I had ever seen (in that day and time) named Charlie Krueger.

You and I have had a lot of joys over the years but we sure have done a lot of suffering over the last 25. Hopefully things are right on the edge of getting better and I honestly believe they are. 

OLDHOG

Steef

Born in Michigan, but Mom was from Conway (my uncle played for the Hogs in 1949). We moved back to Arkansas in 1960 and my uncle made sure I was a Hog fan and not a Wolverine.

Fine with me.

I was seven at the time.

Couple years later, we moved to Little Rock, not far from WMS. When they called the Hogs, my bedroom windows shook.

It would be much later before I actually got to go to a game.

But the fire in my gut was kindled in 1960.

Wildhog

My earliest hog football memory was going to a game in '94 and listening to my dad complain about Danny Ford. 

I come by it honest.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

1969 but we had way less games on TV and sometimes all you knew about the game was what Orville Henry wrote in the Sunday paper.  This 24/7 news access is sometimes madding.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

mlloyd4

My first game was in the early 80's, when I was in Elmwood Junior High. Kim Dameron and Billy Ray Smith era, Holtz was coach.
WPS

Hogsnort

I started listening to games on the radio with my neighborhood friends ~1962-1963.

Elrod

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on October 20, 2014, 09:48:17 am
It's entirely possible if you are from Charleston. I've played a lot of golf over the years before back problems forced me to give up the game about ten years ago. I loved golf so much I used the user name of Bagger Vance (from the movie) on this board for years before changing it last summer. I've played many golf courses in the area but my membership was at Little Creek.

I too was at Fayetteville for an A&M game that ended 7-6 but that was in 1957 and A&M won that game. Jack Mitchell was the Arkansas coach and Paul "Bear" Bryant coached A&M. A&M came into the game ranked NO.1 and the flu bug had hit the Razorback squad that week so everyone was expecting a blow out. We played our 2nd string QB and he led the Hogs to a TD on the opening series of the game but we missed the extra point. A&M scored from about 10 yards out with almost no time left in the first half when John David Crow (Heisman Trophy Winner) just ran over one of our d-backs. Freddy Akers missed a field goal from inside the 10 in the second half and we were about the 10 again very late in the game when John David Crow intercepted a pass in the endzone and that was the ball game. A&M had the biggest and meanest lineman I had ever seen (in that day and time) named Charlie Krueger.

You and I have had a lot of joys over the years but we sure have done a lot of suffering over the last 25. Hopefully things are right on the edge of getting better and I honestly believe they are. 

Yep, I'm from Charleston.  I will say your memory is much better than mine as you can tell by my dates, and who won the game.  As I am just 3 yrs. younger than you I believe I know who you are.  I'll ask the next time I see you, probably at the game Friday night. I'm lucky in that I'm still playing quite often at Little Creek. Later.