Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breeders' Cup

Started by cbhawg03, October 19, 2014, 12:04:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

Anybody waiting to unload on anything special at the BC?

I like Majestic Harbor for some reason in the Classic, which seems to be wide open outside of Shared Belief.

I also like Danny Boy to hit the board in the Juvy Turf.

jdelo77

I'm going to use the rolling pick 3 strategy , I have to find my non favorite key horse first ...

cbhawg03

Anodin trained by Freddy Head will run in the Turf Mile, he is a full brother to Goldikova.

Beholder is out of the Distaff

kingoftherapids

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE FEELING THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME BIG PRICES THIS YEAR? I DONT OF ANY RACE THAT IS GOING TO HAVE AN ABSOLUTE STANDOUT BESIDES EUROS ON THE TURF. I MEAN SHARED BELIEF WOULD BE MY BEST LOOKING HORSE BASED ON RECENT FORM... BUT THIS WILL BE A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME FOR HIM.   NO IDEA WHY I YELLED THIS WHOLE POST. TOO TIRED TO GO BACK AND DECAP IT

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on October 20, 2014, 05:53:49 pm
DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE FEELING THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME BIG PRICES THIS YEAR? I DONT OF ANY RACE THAT IS GOING TO HAVE AN ABSOLUTE STANDOUT BESIDES EUROS ON THE TURF. I MEAN SHARED BELIEF WOULD BE MY BEST LOOKING HORSE BASED ON RECENT FORM... BUT THIS WILL BE A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME FOR HIM.   NO IDEA WHY I YELLED THIS WHOLE POST. TOO TIRED TO GO BACK AND DECAP IT

Other than the Euros on the Turf except the Turf Sprint, I think you could just throw darts. Pay attention to any track bias and hope for a big one.

Turf races except Turf Spring: Euros

Turf Sprint: local horses

Dirt races: Track bias and longshots

Classic I'm going with Majestic Harbor for the sole reason of who has a clue this year

Distaff: I will play Don't Tell Sophia just because of the Oaklawn connection and well, who else are you going to play with Beholder out and Close Hatches not being the controlling and only speed, besides, Close Hatches didn't look very good last out when DTS beat her.

jdelo77

I like dimension in the turf sprint , and American pharoah in the juvenile ...but there are some wide open races !!!

cbhawg03

cbhawg03

Baffert will run Indianapolis in the BC Sprint.

He won with Secret Circle last year off a long layoff, who is also back this year.

cbhawg03

http://www.breederscup.com/contenders/119

This will give you a list of possible entries in each race

cbhawg03

The Spring will have two horses that previously ran as claimers, Big Macher ($40,000) and Seeking the Sherif ($12,500)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/88115/claimer-seeking-the-sherif-reaches-bc-sprint

cbhawg03

For those that don't care for the NBC coverage of the Breeders' Cup, you can watch it this year on HRTV. HRTV will show the BC live with complete coverage, the only race that HRTV will not be able to show live is the Classic.

HRTV is the only reason I hate having Directv, I only get TVG :puke:

cbhawg03

cbhawg03

2014 BREEDERS' CUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS POST TIME AND WAGERING SCHEDULE

All Times Pacific (Breeders' Cup races in bold)

Friday, October 31

1. Allowance 11:25 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Pick 5

2. Allowance 12:00 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD

3. GS Juv. Fillies Stakes 12:35 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Pick 4

4. Twilight Derby 1:10 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Pick 6

5. Damascus Stakes 1:45 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD

6. $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I) 2:25 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 4

7. $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) 3:05 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD Pick 4

8. $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. I) 3:50 p.m. WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3

9. $2 million Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) 4:35 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER Special DD Sup Hi 5

10. $200,000 Las Vegas Marathon Stakes (GII) 5:10 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER

Saturday, November 1

1. Juvenile Turf Sprint 10:15 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 5

2. Golden State Juvenile 10:50 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD

3. Ken Maddy Stakes 11:25 am WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD

Opening Ceremonies

4. $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) 12:04 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 4

5. $2 million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. I) 12:43 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD

6. $1 million DraftKings Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) 1:21 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD

7. $1 million Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. I) 2:05 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 6

8. $2 million Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) 2:44 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD

9. $3 million Longines Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. I) 3:23 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD PICK 4

10. $1.5 million Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) 4:02 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER PICK 3 DD

11. $2 million Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) 4:45 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER DD

12. $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) 5:35 pm WPS EX TRI SUPER Sup Hi 5

BOLD are Breeders' Cup World Championships races

Friday's Pick 5, Super Hi 5 and Pick 6 may carryover to Saturday. Each wager may also carryover to Sunday November 2nd.

Special Classic Daily Double on Friday race 9 and Saturday race 12, Distaff and Classic.

BET MINIMUMS

$2.00 - WIN, PLACE, SHOW, DAILY DOUBLE, PICK 6,

$1.00 - EXACTA, CLASSIC DAILY DOUBLE,

$.50 - TRIFECTA, PICK 3, PICK 4, PICK 5, SUPER HI 5

$.10 - SUPERFECTA

Guaranteed Pools

Friday:

Pick 5: $500,000 (races 1-5)

Pick 6: $750,000 (races 4-9)

Pick 4: $1,500,000 (races 6-9)

Saturday:

Pick 5: $750,000 (races 1-5)

Pick 4 $1,500,000 (races 4-7)

Pick 6: $2,500,000 (races 7-12)

Pick 4: $3,000,000 (races 9-12)

cbhawg03

Free PP for all those pre-entered, just click on the race to see those PPs

http://www.breederscup.com/races/official-2014-pre-entries

jdelo77

The sprint looks tough , I could see Big macher, Rich tapestry ( who I personally like ) palace or Indianapolis winning it ....

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on October 20, 2014, 09:49:19 pm
I like dimension in the turf sprint , and American pharoah in the juvenile ...but there are some wide open races !!!

Article on Dimension

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/88185/dimension-looking-to-improve-in-turf-sprint

cbhawg03

Juvenile Turf: last six winners of this race made previous start outside U.S.

jdelo77

Midnight Lucky is out ...

jdelo77

California chrome is interesting out the 13 slot , if he can get the trip can he get by shared belief in the stretch ?

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on October 27, 2014, 06:56:53 pm
California chrome is interesting out the 13 slot , if he can get the trip can he get by shared belief in the stretch ?

I would bet the house that it will be the other way around, Shared Belief will have to pass CC. CC will show more speed than SB.

But, I don't think that CC can hold water to SB, just my thought, especially on Poly.

kingoftherapids

shared belief will not win the classic.

jdelo77

October 28, 2014, 04:58:37 am #22 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:48:23 am by jdelo77
Shared belief to me looks to be  a monster , I mean Hes beaten older horses on this same track , and there aren't exactly a huge crop of good older horses in this race ...
Who do you guys like ?

The Hogfather

October 28, 2014, 08:15:47 am #23 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:47:39 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: kingoftherapids on October 28, 2014, 12:13:17 am

Who you got?

cbhawg03

Majestic Harbor for no reason other than he will have speed to close into and the race seems wide open

Horsesrus

Quote from: cbhawg03 on October 27, 2014, 09:04:16 pm
I would bet the house that it will be the other way around, Shared Belief will have to pass CC. CC will show more speed than SB.

But, I don't think that CC can hold water to SB, just my thought, especially on Poly.

Poly?  Santa Anita is dirt now unless I'm misreading your post.

cbhawg03

Quote from: Horsesrus on October 28, 2014, 01:39:51 pm
Poly?  Santa Anita is dirt now unless I'm misreading your post.

I meant that I don't think that CC can beat SB, especially on Poly. I know the race is at SA and on dirt, just meant should they face each other on Poly that SB would be even better.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on October 28, 2014, 12:13:17 am

Who you got, if not SB?

Really don't know why you would want to just toss SB like that though, don't know what he has done wrong or what any other horse in the field has done for you to think that he won't win. Obviously, anything can happen, but I don't know who seems to be the better choice.

cbhawg03

BTW, remember on Friday last year that the track played to speed, but on Saturday the track was fair after working on the track Friday after the races and before the races Saturday.

If the track is fair, then you will have a hot pace that will favor those sitting off the pace, especially if the AE draws into the field, he is probably faster than Bayern and Moreno, but Bayern and Moreno will ensure a hot pace. Chrome will be just behind them also, so I don't think that either Bayern or Moreno get an easy lead, as both need the lead and both trainers have said their horses need the lead.

On last thought, CC owners have said that one more clunker by CC will result in his retirement. Why come out and make that statement? Granted the owners of CC have made some questionable decisions, the only decision not being questionable is the name of the ownership group, but no reason to make that statement other than an excuse before the race.

jdelo77

any one have BC PPs ? I cant seem to access my Brisnet account...

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on October 28, 2014, 03:49:19 pm
any one have BC PPs ? I cant seem to access my Brisnet account...

There are pre/entrie PP above

jdelo77

I got it to work , had to call brisnet and have them change my Info ....

kingoftherapids

He will be too short on the odds board facing older. HIs last race was his first real test and I think it took a lot out of him. Shared belief will have to do what only two american 3 year old colts have done in the last fourteen years.... Those two were Curlin and Tiznow.  I can't put him in that class yet. No way

jdelo77

I've got shared belief on the pick 4 ticket along with CC, Cigar street , and Toast of New York
Fridays pick 4 looks easier than Saturdays , I can't trim my ticket under 100 for Saturday and I have no singles !!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: kingoftherapids on October 29, 2014, 12:13:18 am
He will be too short on the odds board facing older. HIs last race was his first real test and I think it took a lot out of him. Shared belief will have to do what only two american 3 year old colts have done in the last fourteen years.... Those two were Curlin and Tiznow.  I can't put him in that class yet. No way

WHO YOU GOT?

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on October 29, 2014, 12:13:18 am

But look at who SB is facing though.

Prayer for Relief: I don't think he has won a race since 2012
Cigar Street: Wise guy horse possibly, but what has he accomplished
Imperative: former claimer? one big score and then nothing
Moreno: 1 1/4 says it all, and then you throw in Bayern also
VE Day: One big score, but lot of question marks
Bayern: see Moreno
Zivo: biggest scores were against state breds? could complete tri/super though
Toast of New York: hasn't really made a presence yet in NA
Footbridge: don't know this horse at all, but 30/1 kind of says it all
Tonalist: We will see, as good as SB? Not even close IMO, but could win
Candy Boy: Never really bad, but not winning his races either
C Chrome: Owners talking about retirement before race, 2nd start off layoff
Majestic Harbor: One big score, some good finishes, longshot

I don't think you have to put SB in the same sentence with Curlin and Tiznow, but not really many good options.

Should SB and Chrome finish out of the money though, it will be record payoffs

cbhawg03

Phil Sims on Don't Tell Sophia

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/13458/bc-2014-dont-tell-sophia-and-phil-sims

I think this is the only horse that I really want to win, horse we have a connection to from Oaklawn

cbhawg03

kingoftherapids

I dont know who i have got yet, but I like to watch all the moves over the track and then determine. i am still watching those. it is kind of like the way i bet at the track at Oaklawn. i like to see the horses warm up before going to the window.

pick 3s and pick 4s and doubles will be the plays of the weekend in my opinion.

cbhawg03

October 29, 2014, 12:08:25 pm #40 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:45:24 pm by cbhawg03
This is going to be known as the "What Could Have Been Breeders' Cup"

Magician is out of the Turf. Other defections from the Breeders' Cup so far have been Elizabeth Valando's Free as a Bird, entered in the Nov. 1 Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT), American Pharoah from the Sentient Jet Juvenile (gr. I), and Handsome Mike from the Dirt Mile (gr. I).

Magician, Free as a Bird, American Pharoah, Handsome Mike, Beholder, WTC, Palace Malice, Game On Dude, Princess of Sylmar, Wicked Strong and more are all out of the BC for one reason or another.

Free as a Bird wasn't hurt, she just refused to fly

kingoftherapids

can also be known as the bombs away breeders cup.

cbhawg03

I have said that Ria Antonia would not win again this year, but I am close to changing my mind on that thought. She seems to be getting better lately, and I think her Spinster was better than it looked.

Should Close Hatches get pressure on the front and maybe, just maybe the races this year will catch up with Untapable, I think Ria could become a 2 time BC winner.

The single of the weekend though has to be Goldencents in the Dirt Mile and Judy the Beauty in the F & M Sprint. I don't see any other singles

jdelo77

The turf sprint looks tough , I was thinking dimension and I also liked Renee's got zip but not from The one hole , I'm looking at going 7 deep in that race or just hitting the All button ...

I will have my Friday picks up in a few minutes ...

jdelo77

Friday

Juvenile turf - commemorative
Ext 4 wt 3,5,7,9

Dirt mile - Golden cents
Ext 1 wt 3,8,9,10

Juvenile fillies turf - Osaila / Sunset glow 
2/3 ext box

Distaff - Iotapa
3/10/11 ext box

Pick 4 ( race 6 )

4,5,7 wt 1,4,9 wt 3,2,4 wt 3,10,11 = 81 bucks

Saturday is proving to be a lot tougher than Tomorrow but , I do like Rich Tapestry as a single and a decent sized win bet !!!! Good luck everyone !!!!!

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on October 30, 2014, 09:56:59 am
I have said that Ria Antonia would not win again this year, but I am close to changing my mind on that thought. She seems to be getting better lately, and I think her Spinster was better than it looked.

Should Close Hatches get pressure on the front and maybe, just maybe the races this year will catch up with Untapable, I think Ria could become a 2 time BC winner.

The single of the weekend though has to be Goldencents in the Dirt Mile and Judy the Beauty in the F & M Sprint. I don't see any other singles

Uh oh...we actually agree on something bro lol...I think Ria Ant is in good form and has a big shot too if the race sets up the way I see it going!

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on October 30, 2014, 07:42:42 pm
Uh oh...we actually agree on something bro lol...I think Ria Ant is in good form and has a big shot too if the race sets up the way I see it going!
I think it could be as simple as she finally has had some consistency. She went from trainer to trainer, jockey to jockey, track to track and blinkers to no blinkers over a very short period of time. Nothing was consistent, and the races she was being thrown into didn't fit at the time, against the boys, that was a joke.

We will see what happens, I would love for Dont Tell Sophia to win it,  it if not then I'm thinking Ria.

kingoftherapids

Holy cow jdelo we have a very similar pick 4. i have

race 6: 4,5,7 / 8,9 / 2,3,4,14 / 3,7,10,11.

call me crazy for not including goldencents. i like him, but everyone will have him.  but i should throw him in just since this is the breeders cup... pick 4s pay well no matter if you have two favorite hit out of the 4

cbhawg03

About the Distaff

Bill Mott said that Mares will lost interest at some point and he will give them one or two chances in order to hope they regain interest or else they will be retired. Thinking about what he said, seems that could have been the case with Royal Delta and could possibly be the case with Close Hatches. There was talk that she wouldn't run in the Distaff after her flop in the Spinster, but I think that she has been so good that this is Mott giving her another chance to regain interest in racing.

We have become accustom to kind of being able to narrow the Distaff to a single, and, if not, then we went two deep. This year though, you may have to go four to five deep in the Pick 4 in the Distaff.

I would include Close Hatches, Untapable, Don't Tell Sophia, Ria Antonia and Valiant Emilia.

Valiant Emilia will come from far back like Don't Tell Sophia, and there is just something that interests me with her.

Pick 4 starting with Race 6

Race 6: 1 / 4 / 7 / 14 / 15

Race 7: 1 / 2 *2 - Lot of people have been high on Carve's works

Race 8: 2 / 4 / 6 / 9 / 11 / 13 / 14

Race 9: 7 / 8 / 9 *Cost reasons, not including Close Hatches or Untapable

That is the ticket I will start with, will try to trim one or two here and there.

cbhawg03

It is interesting that the Americans do better in the Juvy Fillies Turf, but the Euros have dominated the Juvy Turf over the last 6-7 years.