Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was there too much emphasis put on th Bama game??

Started by Hogtimes, October 19, 2014, 11:33:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtimes

I have watched college football for many years and one thing I have noticed sometimes  happens.   A team points to one big game early on and if they fail to win it,after puttting forth so much effort ,  they seem to crash. It is like they left evrything on the field and they do not regroup for the next game or sometimes for the rest of the season.   

I am wondering if this might be the case with the Bama game.   Any one else have any thoughts about this.

hobhog

Quote from: Hogtimes on October 19, 2014, 11:33:05 am
I have watched college football for many years and one thing I have noticed sometimes  happens.   A team points to one big game early on and if they fail to win it,after puttting forth so much effort ,  they seem to crash. It is like they left evrything on the field and they do not regroup for the next game or sometimes for the rest of the season.   

I am wondering if this might be the case with the Bama game.   Any one else have any thoughts about this.

We had two hard fought emotional games that ended in heartbreak. We were due a letdown. Now the question is can we bounce back and save the season?

Locutus_of_Boar

"All I hear is TEXAS.  Why don't you people ever get excited about playing New Hampshire or somebody else?" - Louis Leo Holtz 1978

Oklahawg

Quote from: hobhog on October 19, 2014, 11:35:11 am
We had two hard fought emotional games that ended in heartbreak. We were due a letdown. Now the question is can we bounce back and save the season?

Good post.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jjdlc

Quote from: hobhog on October 19, 2014, 11:35:11 am

That's pretty much exactly what it boils down to.  I'm glad we have a tuneup game next week to get back on our feet.

SpaCityHawg