Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen Stats

Started by trashcan maN, October 19, 2014, 10:09:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigbacon

Quote from: showme on October 19, 2014, 10:43:01 am
Happens time after time after time. Fact is, some folks just can't perform under pressure. Happens in all careers as well as on the football field. Not sure why folks can't wrap their hands around the idea.

I think this is what separates a player that has the "it" factor and someone that is considered a "gamer".

bphi11ips

Quote from: LJHOG on October 19, 2014, 10:16:37 am
The reason we lost this game is because our players aren't as good as Georgia's players.

This
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

showme

Quote from: LJHOG on October 19, 2014, 10:16:37 am
The reason we lost this game is because our players aren't as good as Georgia's players.
Oversimplification.

Does Missouri have better players than Florida ?
Does Arizona have better players than Oregon ?

The list goes on and on. If it were as simple as "best players win", the game wouldn't be very interesting and the favorite would always win. But you know as well as I do that other things come into play beyond "our players aren't as good as theirs".

LSPRazorbac

With this style of offense....QB stats don't matter that much.

What matters is that the QB:

1) Doesn't make detrimental mistakes
2) Does enough to keep the defense honest
3) Provides leadership to the unit
4) make a handful of good throws when the offense needs momentum

Look at what Alabama Qbs have been doing for years, and it is what BA struggles at.

DEVIL DOG HOG

I remember when BP signed Allen, you all said he was a great catch.  Now all you do is throw him to the wolves.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Sourpuss

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 10:56:31 am
then you haven't watched every game, because he has hit several "in stride"

PP
don't start confusing people on here by throwing out facts.

passinghog

Bottom line is, you cant have your qb turn the ball over 2-3 times and expect to win. I Don't care if the wr's drop 10 passes. As a qb, your first job is to protect the football. Complain about the "goalposts" getting moved all you want, but 2-3 turnovers a game is inexcusable. I'd be willing to bet that's happened more times than not during his SEC career.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:55:11 am
Austin is more of a gunslinger. Has a better deep ball. That seems to be what's been open that we're not hitting. He may be a better fit. May be a couple years before we find out though.

Agree, it will be 2 years before we see someone other than Brandon Allen under center.  Brandon will play out the string this year, and will be the starter next year due to his experience.  Unfortunately, Brandon has a real chance to conclude his career with a 0-25 record against SEC opponents.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Showtimehog on October 19, 2014, 01:30:06 pm
Bottom line is, you cant have your qb turn the ball over 2-3 times and expect to win. I Don't care if the wr's drop 10 passes. As a qb, your first job is to protect the football. Complain about the "goalposts" getting moved all you want, but 2-3 turnovers a game is inexcusable. I'd be willing to bet that's happened more times than not during his SEC career.
nothing like changing the subject to fit your agenda

PP

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:09:52 am

I know the rabble wants to lynch him bc Andre Ware showed you he missed some throws...

Andre Ware showed the masses that BA is not good enough to win games in the SEC.  He can play sure but he is never going to lead us to a victory.  He doesn't see the open or home run hitters well enough and in my opinion doesn't have the arm strength.  If we do win a SEC game it will be because the opponent cannot stop our run and our defense is playing good enough.  Now is it all BA's fault, no.  We don't pass block well and our receivers could certainly be better.  Also, play calling is suspect at times.  However, QBs all over the country have these same problems and are still able to engineer wins.  BA is the best we have on campus but he is not going to be the one to lead us to a winning record in the SEC.  He simply doesn't have the talent and skill to overcome the offensive deficiencies we have.  I hope I am wrong and he and team get it turned around but I don't see it happening.  When Coach B hitches his wagon to BA next year, it may be what gets him canned.