Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen Stats

Started by trashcan maN, October 19, 2014, 10:09:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

Career High 296 yards
28 for 45. Just over 60%
3 TDs 1 Pick 1 Lost Fumble

I know the rabble wants to lynch him bc Andre Ware showed you he missed some throws, but he is NOT the only reason we lost this football game.

I am aware they didnt blitz much in 2H, but they also werent sitting back in prevent either. They had starters in the whole game and were contesting WR at the LOS. Brandon isnt very good when pressured and deserves some blame, but he doesnt deserve as much as we're putting on him. I guess thats the nature of the QB pos. Tho.

At least try not to be a reactionary fool and realize that one coach or one player isnt the cause for this streak. There is plenty of blame to spread around to every position group(even RB) and every coach.

Quit trashing this kid. If you want to see a QB that actually loses games for his team, watch a Florida game.

Arazorbackguy1

It's not just that he misses completely wide open receivers, it's that every pass he completes requires the receivers to make some acrobatic, all-world catch. I have yet to see him hit a receiver in stride on a long play. He continually under/over throws receivers hoping for a PI call. Not good.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

LJHOG

The reason we lost this game is because our players aren't as good as Georgia's players.

Arazorbackguy1

So we scored 4 TD's in the second half because we don't have comparable talent?  Bs
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 19, 2014, 10:17:39 am
So we scored 4 TD's in the second half because we don't have comparable talent?  Bs
Their front 7 was better than our OL. They got in BA's head early and he's not the same QB when he's being put under pressure.

Their OL whipped our DL, and their WR whipped our DBs.

We scored so much in the 2H because they called off their NFL caliber LBs and BA is a pretty good QB when he's not feeling much pressure.

They still scored in the 2H when they needed to. They beat us handily on the road with the best player in the country out. They have a better football team. That is a fact.

MushroomCloudHog

I'd love to see his career stats like: pick 6s, fumbles, fumbles for touchdowns,  picks in our redzone, completion % in critical moments,  like the last drive of the game, etc.

Kevin

piling up a bunch of stats after the game was 38-6, is meaningless.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

showme

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:09:52 am
Career High 296 yards
28 for 45. Just over 60%

I know the rabble wants to lynch him bc Andre Ware showed you he missed some throws, but he is NOT the only reason we lost this football game.

I am aware they didnt blitz much in 2H, but they also werent sitting back in prevent either. They had starters in the whole game and were contesting WR at the LOS. Brandon isnt very good when pressured and deserves some blame, but he doesnt deserve as much as we're putting on him. I guess thats the nature of the QB pos. Tho.

At least try not to be a reactionary fool and realize that one coach or one player isnt the cause for this streak. There is plenty of blame to spread around to every position group(even RB) and every coach.

Quit trashing this kid. If you want to see a QB that actually loses games for his team, watch a Florida game.
When they start using passing stats that were accumulated when the team was down by 30 points, you know they are running out of excuses.

LSPRazorbac

Trashcan,

2 interceptions

also 3 fumbles---only lost 1 but he still put it on the ground 3 times

The fact is when the game is close he herp derps.

Some more stats for you:

When the game is tied---he is completing only 41 % of his passes

Only completing 48.1 % on 3rd down

Only completing 44 % on 3rd down and less than 4

Only completing 53% on 3rd and less than 7

The film is out on him.  Apply pressure and wait for those handful of mistakes that will swing momentum and the game.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: LJHOG on October 19, 2014, 10:16:37 am
The reason we lost this game is because our players aren't as good as Georgia's players.

This had a lot more to do with things than most are willing to accept
This is my non-signature signature.

Kevin

no miracle on the bench. like to find out if the can play or not. we know what ba can & cannot do.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

showme

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:34:02 am
Their front 7 was better than our OL. They got in BA's head early and he's not the same QB when he's being put under pressure.

Listen, this is the SEC. Best defenses in the country. High NFL draft picks all over the field. You will NEVER have a game where your QB will not face some pressure from the Defense. So if you can't handle pressure (which you admit that he can't) like you are GUARANTEED to get in the SEC, you don't need to be playing in the SEC. Go play for UCA like the other Arkansas QB's who weren't SEC level QB's did.

trashcan maN

Quote from: theenemy on October 19, 2014, 10:37:02 am
Trashcan,

2 interceptions

also 3 fumbles---only lost 1 but he still put it on the ground 3 times

The fact is when the game is close he herp derps.

Some more stats for you:

When the game is tied---he is completing only 41 % of his passes

Only completing 48.1 % on 3rd down

Only completing 44 % on 3rd down and less than 4

Only completing 53% on 3rd and less than 7

The film is out on him.  Apply pressure and wait for those handful of mistakes that will swing momentum and the game.
I hear you man. I'm not necessarily defending him. I'm just saying that there is equal blame to go around on this team. No one wants to talk about Alex Collins giving away 2 TDs over the past 2 games on fumbles or our OL getting embarrassed to the point where we had to move Kirkland to LT because Skipper was getting owned.

LSPRazorbac

Just look at the 2nd half,

We came back and was down by 21 after scoring 2 TDs.  If we score there it is a 14 point game and we have a shot.

Georgia applied a little pressure..........ball thrown into coverage for an interception.  Georgia goes on to score and it was basically game over at that point.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Kevin on October 19, 2014, 10:39:39 am
no miracle on the bench. like to find out if the can play or not. we know what ba can & cannot do.
I'd like to see Austin too. Just not a fan of trashing BA when most of our entire team got owned yesterday.

showme

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:38:30 am
^ Fan that thinks a miracle is sitting on the bench somewhere.
I would just like to see what someone else can do in a game. Is that really too much to ask ? Why not try it ?

PorkRyan

Brandon Allen 0-14 vs the SEC as a starter.

Kevin

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:41:05 am
I'd like to see Austin too. Just not a fan of trashing BA when most of our entire team got owned yesterday.

yesterday, was a team meltdown, no question.

but, it was a repeat performance by our qb

mizzouman

If Allen has to throw 45 times, then Arkansas is in trouble. I love to see some stats on CBB teams over the years where his QB throws more than 25 times.

showme

Quote from: theenemy on October 19, 2014, 10:40:30 am
Just look at the 2nd half,

We came back and was down by 21 after scoring 2 TDs.  If we score there it is a 14 point game and we have a shot.

Georgia applied a little pressure..........ball thrown into coverage for an interception.  Georgia goes on to score and it was basically game over at that point.
Happens time after time after time. Fact is, some folks just can't perform under pressure. Happens in all careers as well as on the football field. Not sure why folks can't wrap their hands around the idea.

trashcan maN

Quote from: PorkRyan on October 19, 2014, 10:42:11 am
What's Alex Collins/JWill record vs SEC? Maybe we should go with Korliss.

trashcan maN

Quote from: mizzouman on October 19, 2014, 10:42:51 am
If Allen has to throw 45 times, then Arkansas is in trouble. I love to see some stats on CBB teams over the years where his QB throws more than 25 times.
Probably  not good, but it's sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. If a BB team is throwing that many times, they're likely down big anyway.

Kevin

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:43:05 am
What's Alex Collins' record vs SEC as a starter? Maybe we should go with Korliss.

collin's isn't ask to throw the ball ,or read defenses, the qb is.

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: PorkRyan on October 19, 2014, 10:42:11 am

That may be true, but how many moral victories are in that total?

Hog N Bama

Turnovers will get you beat everytime

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:40:20 am
I hear you man. I'm not necessarily defending him. I'm just saying that there is equal blame to go around on this team. No one wants to talk about Alex Collins giving away 2 TDs over the past 2 games on fumbles or our OL getting embarrassed to the point where we had to move Kirkland to LT because Skipper was getting owned.

I think alot of that is we don't have a vocal leader on the offensive side of the ball.  When there is  a little adversity we don't have that guy who can hold the unit together.

One bad play creates a snowball effect.

I'm old school in that my belief is the QB is the field general and if nothing else has to keep the offense together and be a leader.

Allen is not a leader.  He actually looks like he is in panic mode when the game is close.

CareBear

Not healthy having 2 brothers from Fayetteville on the team with their dad on staff at UofA and the local media that pals around with Bobby Allen. For f's sake give someone else a shot

trashcan maN

Quote from: Kevin on October 19, 2014, 10:43:59 am
collin's isn't ask to throw the ball ,or read defenses, the qb is.
He's asked to run the ball and read blocks.

Brandon didn't lose us the games against MSST, LSU, and TAMU. It's a team game.

trashcan maN

Quote from: theenemy on October 19, 2014, 10:45:29 am
I think alot of that is we don't have a vocal leader on the offensive side of the ball.  When there is  a little adversity we don't have that guy who can hold the unit together.

One bad play creates a snowball effect.

I'm old school in that my belief is the QB is the field general and if nothing else has to keep the offense together and be a leader.

Allen is not a leader.  He actually looks like he is in panic mode when the game is close.
Yeah, I'm not crazy about his body language on bad calls and in the face of adversity. Our best players are underclassmen, and it's clear we have a serious lack of senior leadership.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:38:30 am
^ Fan that thinks a miracle is sitting on the bench somewhere.

Miracle isn't sitting on the bench.

But if BA doesn't have what it takes to lead this team to wins in the SEC......then get someone else some experience so we can build for the future.

Do we really want to go into next year with the only QB with any meaningful experience being a guy that cannot win?

Kevin

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:46:34 am
He's asked to run the ball and read blocks.

Brandon didn't lose us the games against MSST, LSU, and TAMU. It's a team game.

i didn't say he has lost all these games by himself. there are a lot of problems with this team.

i am saying, we have seen what he can do, it is not good enough, time to move on.

i say the same thing about our safeties

Piggfoot

I agree with you that Georgia is better at most positions than we are and at the other positions we may be only equal. Where we are worse is QB, place kicking, WR, CB, Safety and LB.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: theenemy on October 19, 2014, 10:49:03 am
Miracle isn't sitting on the bench.

But if BA doesn't have what it takes to lead this team to wins in the SEC......then get someone else some experience so we can build for the future.

Do we really want to go into next year with the only QB with any meaningful experience being a guy that cannot win?

this makes me wonder if AA does not play next week earlier than usual,  3rd or 4th series, and maybe find him a series in the first half of next 5 games... that might create competition in the spring.

Kevin

i don't think our coach wants or will allow a qb competition in the spring

trashcan maN

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 19, 2014, 10:54:16 am
this makes me wonder if AA does not play next week earlier than usual,  3rd or 4th series, and maybe find him a series in the first half of next 5 games... that might create competition in the spring.
Austin is more of a gunslinger. Has a better deep ball. That seems to be what's been open that we're not hitting. He may be a better fit. May be a couple years before we find out though.

TeufelHog

Bottom line:  BA IS NOT A DUAL THREAT QB.  The opposition KNOWS he will either hand-the-rock-off or throw it . . . he WILL NOT TRY to beat you with his feet because he is being COACHED NOT TO.  Reason: we don't have a suitable back-up QB.

Why are Heisman Trophy caliber QBs respected so much by their opponents?  Because they can scramble, tuck it, and burn you with their legs also.

TebowHater

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 19, 2014, 10:14:30 am
I have yet to see him hit a receiver in stride on a long play.

What about the perfect pass that Keon dropped against Auburn?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 19, 2014, 10:14:30 am
It's not just that he misses completely wide open receivers, it's that every pass he completes requires the receivers to make some acrobatic, all-world catch. I have yet to see him hit a receiver in stride on a long play. He continually under/over throws receivers hoping for a PI call. Not good.
then you haven't watched every game, because he has hit several "in stride"

PP

WardamnHOGGLE

Quote from: CareBear on October 19, 2014, 10:46:09 am
Not healthy having 2 brothers from Fayetteville on the team with their dad on staff at UofA and the local media that pals around with Bobby Allen. For f's sake give someone else a shot

I thought I was the only one that thought this.  There is hope.

Kevin

Quote from: CareBear on October 19, 2014, 10:46:09 am

agree

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: TebowHater on October 19, 2014, 10:56:22 am
What about the perfect pass that Keon dropped against Auburn?

One good pass does not equate to a legitimate SEC caliber QB

Fact is he throws late and often high enough that it kills any chance of the receiver picking up yards after the catch.

Kevin

thought he was going to get hollister killed on that high throw. great catch by the kid

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: theenemy on October 19, 2014, 11:00:35 am
One good pass does not equate to a legitimate SEC caliber QB

Fact is he throws late and often high enough that it kills any chance of the receiver picking up yards after the catch.
wasn't just one good pass, he hit derby in stride against a&m, hatcher in stride against nicholls state

I guess those examples don't count because of the competition.

PP

hogfan10

Quote from: Kevin on October 19, 2014, 10:49:11 am
i didn't say he has lost all these games by himself. there are a lot of problems with this team.

i am saying, we have seen what he can do, it is not good enough, time to move on.

i say the same thing about our safeties
What are we moving on to? He's starting for a reason, they didn't draw straws for firsties. If these players are going to make improvements from year to year, they have to be able to learn from their mistakes. That can't happen if they're constantly looking over their shoulder for the call of next.

Kevin

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 11:02:39 am
wasn't just one good pass, he hit derby in stride against a&m, hatcher in stride against nicholls state

PP

play action, when receivers are wide open. how about that pass to hollister yesterday, when he was wide open. there are more of those than the one's you named.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 11:02:39 am

PP

Again a couple times a game he hits a receiver in stride is not good enough.

The majority of his passes are way off target or just off target enough to guarantee no yards after catch.

Not too mention the 3 or 4 passes he lays up for the receiver to get blasted by the defense.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 19, 2014, 11:03:52 am
What are we moving on to? He's starting for a reason, they didn't draw straws for firsties. If these players are going to make improvements from year to year, they have to be able to learn from their mistakes. That can't happen if they're constantly looking over their shoulder for the call of next.
why not, that's what a lot want to do with head coaches?

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Kevin on October 19, 2014, 11:06:03 am
play action, when receivers are wide open. how about that pass to hollister yesterday, when he was wide open. there are more of those than the one's you named.
the comment was "I have yet to see him hit a receiver in stride on a long play"....there wasn't criterion applied to that comment.

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: theenemy on October 19, 2014, 11:07:03 am
Again a couple times a game he hits a receiver in stride is not good enough.

The majority of his passes are way off target or just off target enough to guarantee no yards after catch.

Not too mention the 3 or 4 passes he lays up for the receiver to get blasted by the defense.
keep moving the goalposts....

PP

JIHawg

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 19, 2014, 10:09:52 am
Career High 296 yards
28 for 45. Just over 60%

Agree totally.