Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Before the Season Started

Started by HogFanatic, October 19, 2014, 09:27:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanatic

Many of us said that there was no way we would beat Georgia.

With Gurley being suspended and considering the way we played A&M and Alabama for whatever reason we changed our minds. "Yes, we CAN beat Georgia." Well, Georgia "is what we thought they were". A damn good team.

I can handle the loss. What I CANNOT handle is the gosh dang penalties this team committed yesterday. They were NOT well prepared for that football game and there is no two ways about it.

And once again, we saw late in the second quarter, and Arkansas team try to run a two minute offense. How did that work out for Jim Chaney? Two picks? A pick six? Jesus Christ that is amateurish.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 19, 2014, 09:27:05 am
Many of us said that there was no way we would beat Georgia.

With Gurley being suspended and considering the way we played A&M and Alabama for whatever reason we changed our minds. "Yes, we CAN beat Georgia." Well, Georgia "is what we thought they were". A damn good team.

I can handle the loss. What I CANNOT handle is the gosh dang penalties this team committed yesterday. They were NOT well prepared for that football game and there is no two ways about it.

And once again, we saw late in the second quarter, and Arkansas team try to run a two minute offense. How did that work out for Jim Chaney? Two picks? A pick six? Jesus Christ that is amateurish.
You say you can handle the loss but sounds like you are lying to yourself. Also sounds like you have turned on this team and staff.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

bphi11ips

Georgia was a winnable game, or so I said before the season.

I underestimated Georgia's QB, talent, and depth. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogcard1964

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 19, 2014, 09:33:02 am

I underestimated too...the coaching staff's ability to underachieve with this team, even with ultra low expectations.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PonderinHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 19, 2014, 09:33:02 am

I had a baaaaaaad feeling after watching them throttle Mizzou on the road.

HogFanatic

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 19, 2014, 09:28:18 am
You say you can handle the loss but sounds like you are lying to yourself. Also sounds like you have turned on this team and staff.

I have 100% turned on a certain member of this coaching staff.

jkstock04

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 19, 2014, 09:36:59 am
I had a baaaaaaad feeling after watching them throttle Mizzou on the road.
I'm still trying to figure out how most of our fanbase considered this an automatic W. They assumed Mizzou to be a pushover, and that's how Georgia beat them....lol not so much.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 19, 2014, 09:39:05 am
I have 100% turned on a certain member of this coaching staff.
does his name rhyme with "haney"?

PP

JaketheSnake

Watch that opening drive again, we were prepared.  What we can not overcome is huge momentum swings against us over and over.  The turnovers killed us.  How often do you see any team overcome that many turnovers with the opposing team scoring that any points off those turnovers?  Not very often.  We got so far behind so quickly that we had to deviate from the gameplan.

Not to mention it hurts losing a starter, but being without our D leader and then losing another starting LB is very rough and GAundeesrood his replacement was weak vs the pass. 
Losing K Marshall had to hurt our ST.
Hats off the M Spaight, he played a great game for his LR crowd.

The penalties were not regular penalties on our part.  Lots of emotion... Not that it makes it ok for a penalty, but it's better than endless false starts like we have seen in the past. 

HogFanatic

farmhawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 09:42:34 am

PP
I have been on chanee for awhile but it is interesting to go back and look at whisky stats in games they lost and there is very little scoring in the fourth.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PonderinHog

Hoggie17

Peter Porker

I truly believe the missed PAT knocked the wind out of our sails. It was a "here we go again" moment.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 09:42:34 am

PP

Are you sayin' that Chaney should do like Haney and head for Green(er) Acres?