Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Peace

Started by Hogs-n-Roses, October 19, 2014, 09:00:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs-n-Roses

We are in the middle of the season we all knew was coming.

Some felt that we'd do much better and have a 7-5 season and Georgia and A$M were games they thought we'd win. Didn't happen.

Some felt we'd go 3-9 or 4-8 again and got bashed for thinking it.

We got our first crushing yesterday. Yes we got crushed. It wasn't cause of a couple of fumbles or bad QB play, or this or that or the other thing you wish to blame on. We were just manhandled by a far superior team.

If you are totally confused by, just where our football teams at right now, then welcome to the majority of us fans.

Georgia cleared it up for you. At best we are an improved but sloppy football team.

In the middle of the season we knew was coming.

There are issues and sever deficiencies all over the field. From the roster to the coaching staff to the PTB . Its going to be a long and grueling season and next few years for us fans. I've been so back n forth with this crap that I'm dizzy. Thought we were vastly improved then thought we aren't much better at all then thought we were on our way again and now another crushing. Such is life as a Hog fan.

I'm headed to church so I can getm out of this funk and realize just how small and unimportant this football thing really is.

PonderinHog

Shalom and beat the hell out of UAB!   :razorback:

HogFanatic

The entire team looked unfocused and undisciplined yesterday.
This team WAS one of the least penalized teams in the nation. For whatever reason we were just GIVING Georgia HUGE chunks of yardage with 15 yard penalty after 15 yard penalty.

This is a reflection on the coaching staff and I don't care how anyone wants to spin it. Either something is going on behind the scenes that we haven't caught wind of yet, or this team has just folded up shop. Either way, that is a reflection on the coaches.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 19, 2014, 09:08:33 am
This team WAS one of the least penalized teams in the nation. For whatever reason we were just GIVING Georgia HUGE chunks of yardage with 15 yard penalty after 15 yard penalty.

This is a reflection on the coaching staff and I don't care how anyone wants to spin it. Either something is going on behind the scenes that we haven't caught wind of yet, or this team has just folded up shop. Either way, that is a reflection on the coaches.
You nailed it!

PonderinHog

I think Georgia's players were "saying all the right things and pushing all the right buttons."

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 19, 2014, 09:10:40 am
I think Georgia's players were "saying all the right things and pushing all the right buttons."

i agree
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 19, 2014, 09:00:42 am

Some felt that we'd do much better and have a 7-5 season and Georgia and A$M were games they thought we'd win. Didn't happen.

We got our first crushing yesterday. Yes we got crushed. It wasn't cause of a couple of fumbles or bad QB play, or this or that or the other thing you wish to blame on. We were just manhandled by a far superior team.

If you are totally confused by, just where our football teams at right now, then welcome to the majority of us fans.

Georgia cleared it up for you. At best we are an improved but sloppy football team.

There are issues and sever deficiencies all over the field. From the roster to the coaching staff to the PTB . Its going to be a long and grueling season and next few years for us fans. I've been so back n forth with this crap that I'm dizzy. Thought we were vastly improved then thought we aren't much better at all then thought we were on our way again and now another crushing. Such is life as a Hog fan.

I'm headed to church so I can getm out of this funk and realize just how small and unimportant this football thing really is.
crushing, you say... We gained more yards than them and given back half the turn overs and one bad penalty, we win or are in it at the end. You should skip church for a trip to the library so you can look up what it means to be crushed.
I'd also like to invite you to not watch anymore Hog games until Brets 5th or 6th year... That way, you won't have any questions other than, "i missed what".
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hogsmo Kramer

I'm a little concerned about the mentality of our team right now and in particular a few players (one who's been suspended and the other in danger of being benched).

I think the frustration of losing is getting to some with the stupid personal fouls, etc. and I hope Coach B can get them focused to finish strong this season. 

We did play better the second half so that gave me some hope and they didn't quit so that's a positive sign but I believe the teams resolve is going to tested for the remainder of the season.

Gotta stay the course and it's gonna take a mentally strong, committed group of young men to do so and finish this season the right way. I believe they can do it but it ain't gonna be easy.

If they can do it we'll have a team that is strong mentally and physically and poised for a good season next year, if not and descent and frustration grows then we will have a hard time turning the corner.

Calm seas don't make skillful sailors, so here's to hoping we learn to sail our arsses off by the end of the year.

WPS!!!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 19, 2014, 09:31:52 am
crushing, you say... We gained more yards than them and given back half the turn overs and one bad penalty, we win or are in it at the end. You should skip church for a trip to the library so you can look up what it means to be crushed.
I'd also like to invite you to not watch anymore Hog games until Brets 5th or 6th year... That way, you won't have any questions other than, "i missed what".
Your joking right. 38-6 at halftime. Their defense was CRUSHING our vaunted "largest offensive line". And making those fumbles happen. They weren't fantom fumbles. And if we have to endure 3 more years of this then I doubt Brets 6th year happens. And never suggest me or anyone else skipping church to go to a library and research the word ,crush. All you have to do is watch the replay . Their offensive line crushed us. Their running backs crushed us, their receivers crushed us, We were dominated. They put the cruise control and kill the clock mentality in play but still cruised. They we never gave up and made the score look ,not so bad but we were NEVER in that game after the 1st series.

popcornhog

Almost every fan who I consider remotely reasonable expected five to seven wins. That's where we're still headed from what I can tell. Five or six seems most realistic to me right now.
WPS

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: popcornhog on October 19, 2014, 04:00:34 pm
Almost every fan who I consider remotely reasonable expected five to seven wins. That's where we're still headed from what I can tell. Five or six seems most realistic to me right now.
What would your observations be if we don't get but 4 wins this year? Since we're all just speculating.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 19, 2014, 07:23:52 pm
What would your observations be if we don't get but 4 wins this year? Since we're all just speculating.

Before the season started I expected a repeat of last season, primarily because I didn't believe in others belief in the massive improvement made at QB in the off season.   The Alabama game gave me hope that this team had turned a corner in a positive direction.  The first half against Georgia took that hope and crushed it like a beer can run over by a semi.  I am back to 3-9 reality now.   

Wild Bill Hog

crushing, you say... We gained more yards than them and given back half the turn overs and one bad penalty, we win or are in it at the end.

You're assuming that Georgia would not have changed anything though.  How can you do that?

Hogfaniam

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 19, 2014, 09:10:40 am

Here is someone that watched the game with a trained, unemotional eye.  Did you play or coach anywhere?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

bigbadhog

38-6 at half = CRUSHED
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

IntegrityHog

This was never going to be a bowl year.  If we get some breaks, and continue to improve, we've got a chance at the 2015 Independence or Liberty Bowl.  Patience people!

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 19, 2014, 07:39:33 pm
Before the season started I expected a repeat of last season, primarily because I didn't believe in others belief in the massive improvement made at QB in the off season.   The Alabama game gave me hope that this team had turned a corner in a positive direction.  The first half against Georgia took that hope and crushed it like a beer can run over by a semi.  I am back to 3-9 reality now.

No more wins?You don't think we can beat UAB?

Hogs-n-Roses

Since, before the season some speculated that we'd get to 6-6 and get to a bowl. And it is still possible. I just wondered how much of a different view of our future you might be speculating at then. IE  Do you still have as high of hopes for next year as you did a few weeks ago.

Ironhawg

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 19, 2014, 08:11:51 pm
  No more wins?You don't think we can beat UAB?

The lack of mental sharpness in the Georgia game makes me think this team is ripe for an upset.

MountieDawg

This isn't Fantasy Football, you don't get points for yards gained. Missouri crushed Florida with 121 yards. When the opposing team gets turnovers for TD's or turnover in great field position it doesn't take May yards to whip someone. Plus when you give them over 100 yards in penalties it just takes less yards to crush. I appreciated your half full glass, but I feel it's loaded with moonshine.
SEC!

elksnort

good read

Augustus

This game definitely reeked of the "Varsity Blues" scene where they all go out & party all night, and play like S*** the next day.

For whatever reason, they just weren't the same team we've watched the past 6 weeks (in the 1st half).

The 2nd half? Pretty nice performance, but ye Gods after that 1st drive in the 1st quarter...

elksnort

Let's get 6-6 and I'm satisfied. 

Wright43

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 19, 2014, 09:21:18 pm
Since, before the season some speculated that we'd get to 6-6 and get to a bowl. And it is still possible. I just wondered how much of a different view of our future you might be speculating at then. IE  Do you still have as high of hopes for next year as you did a few weeks ago.

I do still have just as high hopes for next year as I did pre-GA game. As terrible as that game was, it was just that-ONE game. We've played really well in all but 2 games this year. It's a long season, we're a young team, and fortunately help is on the way.

As long as we don't give up and mail in the season like we did in the GA game(especially against UAB), we've already shown a lot of progress and there's no reason to think we'll stop progressing.

All us rational fans predicted 5,6, or 7 wins this season-which we're still entirely on track for. It was an ugly loss, but don't forget it was a very good GA team, and it's just 1 game-not the whole season. It sucks that we could've beat Bama and A&M and didn't, but us even being in a position to do that proves we're ahead of schedule. Step off the ledge y'all, it sucks right now but we'll get there.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Wright43 on October 20, 2014, 05:25:57 am
I do still have just as high hopes for next year as I did pre-GA game. As terrible as that game was, it was just that-ONE game. We've played really well in all but 2 games this year. It's a long season, we're a young team, and fortunately help is on the way.

As long as we don't give up and mail in the season like we did in the GA game(especially against UAB), we've already shown a lot of progress and there's no reason to think we'll stop progressing.

All us rational fans predicted 5,6, or 7 wins this season-which we're still entirely on track for. It was an ugly loss, but don't forget it was a very good GA team, and it's just 1 game-not the whole season. It sucks that we could've beat Bama and A&M and didn't, but us even being in a position to do that proves we're ahead of schedule. Step off the ledge y'all, it sucks right now but we'll get there.
I can't argue with a thing you said. I don't think anyone is in the ledge though. I myself have been very wishy washy with where I thought we were. I am back to where I started. I do believe most of the problem is mental. If we can ever get that first win then we'll show up every week with a winning attitude.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: elksnort on October 19, 2014, 09:50:07 pm
Let's get 6-6 and I'm satisfied. 

OF COURSE you are.....HDN
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 20, 2014, 03:53:20 pm
I can't argue with a thing you said. I don't think anyone is in the ledge though. I myself have been very wishy washy with where I thought we were. I am back to where I started. I do believe most of the problem is mental. If we can ever get that first win then we'll show up every week with a winning attitude.

You could see how they reacted when Georgia punched them back in the mouth after the first drive.  The dogs were being physically and verbally intimidating the whole first half.  They baited us into reactionary mistakes.

Again, this can be seen on film and will be addressed.  A lot of it was addressed at halftime.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hogs-n-Roses

Once again. Mental. And I agree. But they were still manhandling us like I didn't think could be done.

DoctorSusscrofa

Let's all panic based on one really bad half game. We all know that's all you need in order to know that the sky has already fallen completely and there is no hope. Woe is me! Oh, the humanity!
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Dirty

The sky has been falling for some since their coach was fired.  That damn blonde!

Hogs-n-Roses

No this is not the case here. And this isn't and never was to be a topic about that coach.

Hoggish1

When you give the other team more than 20 points on turnovers and effectively lose 45-35, and outscore them 26-7 in the 2nd half, you have not been crushed.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 19, 2014, 03:13:14 pm
Your joking right. 38-6 at halftime. Their defense was CRUSHING our vaunted "largest offensive line". And making those fumbles happen. They weren't fantom fumbles. And if we have to endure 3 more years of this then I doubt Brets 6th year happens. And never suggest me or anyone else skipping church to go to a library and research the word ,crush. All you have to do is watch the replay . Their offensive line crushed us. Their running backs crushed us, their receivers crushed us, We were dominated. They put the cruise control and kill the clock mentality in play but still cruised. They we never gave up and made the score look ,not so bad but we were NEVER in that game after the 1st series.

No, I think you use words to make yourself feel better.  Crush?  That applies to TAMU 59-0...

Bebop

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 20, 2014, 07:39:14 pm
Let's all panic based on one really bad half game. We all know that's all you need in order to know that the sky has already fallen completely and there is no hope. Woe is me! Oh, the humanity!

I'm concerned that we can't close out a game, not just a lackluster half against Georgia. We gave the A&M game away and we were unable to take a win from Bama which they were trying to give us on a platter.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 20, 2014, 09:41:34 pm
When you give the other team more than 20 points on turnovers and effectively lose 45-35, and outscore them 26-7 in the 2nd half, you have not been crushed.
Your agenda is showing. Every soul walking away from WMS knew we had just been crushed. Georgia put it on cruise and let the subs play it out. They manhandled us from the point of attack to when they let off the gas. No one is calling for any coaching change or anything like that. We all know what the score is wit that. Nor would I wish for one. Just calling what me and many many thousands saw the other day.

Wright43

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 20, 2014, 03:53:20 pm

I think the mental side plays a big role, but so does the physical lack of depth we have. It's rough to be 100% mentally locked in and focused when you're exhausted from playing more than you should have to because there's too big a drop off between you and the next guy.

Obviously the depth issue can't be addressed this season, but the mental side can. Hopefully UAB serves as a turning point in the season.

Hogs-n-Roses

2 types of mental here also. The one your referring to and the one involved with the big picture. Getting the first SEC win, barely losing for a couple of big games then takin one to the chin in Little Rock..... the peer pressure type stuff like hearing all the rumblings and press about 16 SEC losses in a row. These are still young men who are very affected by this stuff.

DeltaBoy

We get to 6-6 and go to a bowl I will be happy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 22, 2014, 02:16:26 pm
We get to 6-6 and go to a bowl I will be happy.
Just wondering which 2 SEC games you feel we have a solid shot at winning?

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 22, 2014, 03:18:22 pm
Just wondering which 2 SEC games you feel we have a solid shot at winning?

Mizzou lost to that same Georgia team 34-0. LSU lost to Auburn 41-7. Both of those games are still very winnable after our 13-point loss to Georgia.  And I think we have the chance to be competitive at Miss St, and will in fact be competitive with Ole Miss at home.

We have a "solid shot" at winning the Mizzou and LSU games, and a puncher's chance in both other games. 

Things change from week to week so much in college football.  No reason to think this team can't get back on its feet. 

scooby21322

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on October 22, 2014, 03:53:40 pm
Mizzou lost to that same Georgia team 34-0. LSU lost to Auburn 41-7. Both of those games are still very winnable after our 13-point loss to Georgia.  And I think we have the chance to be competitive at Miss St, and will in fact be competitive with Ole Miss at home.

We have a "solid shot" at winning the Mizzou and LSU games, and a puncher's chance in both other games. 

Things change from week to week so much in college football.  No reason to think this team can't get back on its feet.

I think this is pretty accurate.  Don't forget, when teams that aren't used to being ranked #1 make it to that rank, they tend to not be able to hold on.  Miss State and Ole Miss fit that mold. 

wupigsuey

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 19, 2014, 09:04:46 am
Shalom and beat the hell out of UAB!   :razorback:

What Ponderin' said
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

pigture perfect

Georgia Is Who We Thought They Were!!!!!!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

wupigsuey

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on October 20, 2014, 03:59:08 pm
OF COURSE you are.....HDN

As the father of a boy who is about to eagle out, I feel sorry for any kid the passes through your troop. I am embarrassed for you to be associated with the boyscouts.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Pig In The City

I tend to agree but it could be nothing more than a much needed win could help. I hope it isn't systemic. Team just needs a win. The sloppiness I chalk up to a lack of focus.