Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Standing at the game

Started by pittstr, October 19, 2014, 08:23:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pittstr

I get that some people would rather sit than stand at the game because they are older or because they just don't care about the game enough to stand. What I don't understand is why people yell at those standing to sit down and think they are being inconsiderate for standing up to cheer for their team. I stood up the whole game yesterday and was yelled at several times by several people. What do you think? Is standing up being inconsiderate of those behind you?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: pittstr on October 19, 2014, 08:23:02 am
I get that some people would rather sit than stand at the game because they are older or because they just don't care about the game enough to stand. What I don't understand is why people yell at those standing to sit down and think they are being inconsiderate for standing up to cheer for their team. I stood up the whole game yesterday and was yelled at several times by several people. What do you think? Is standing up being inconsiderate of those behind you?
Oh no! The great stand up debate is back lol

hawgXi

being at the game is not like sitting in church or being at the picture show.

ricepig

Be courteous when you can, support the team.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hawgXi on October 19, 2014, 08:26:45 am
being at the game is not like sitting in church or being at the picture show.

When your losing 38-6 then fans seem to be knocked out of the game. This is true at any venue.

texas tush hog

Standing on first or second down is somewhat inconsiderate. Sitting on third down on defense is inconsiderate especially when you say down in front on third down. There is a time and place for both. When you leave the student section it is time to learn the difference. If you are the only person standing in your section it is inconsiderate IMHO but I am a crotchity old fart with arthritis so what do I know

Hogarusa

Who doesnt love the stand up vs sit down debate! 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

rzrbackrob

Standing up the whole game is a little much.
Just like calling the Hogs, there is a time and place for everything.

If nobody in the entire section in front of you is standing up, and you are still standing, then you should sit down. Being the only person standing does not make you a better fan than everyone else, it just makes you less considerate than everyone else.
Good is the enemy of great

Hogfly

I have long legs, and it is extremely uncomfortable to sit down in the stadium, especially with some big dude in front of me whose humped up back is taking up about half the leg room.

I was in section 15, and people there tried to sit almost the entire game, it seemed like. I know the Hogs didn't give them much to cheer about, but I was pretty disappointed in the much hyped WMS atmosphere.

The tailgating was great, but the crowd was pretty weak, imo