Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overall Offense Scheme Must

Started by Monsterhog, October 19, 2014, 05:39:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsterhog

Be Modified....

There is nothing wrong with running the ball.  It has been a foundation of the game since the game originated.  We must modify this offense to be more open than planning to run the ball down the throats of opposing SEC defenses.  Our schedule this year will be almost identical next year and years to come.  We won't win with a 1950's style offense. Not in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10 or Sunbelt.  Our HC's philosophy must change.  I like the fact we started throwing the ball over the middle in the 2nd half which resulted in some good 10-20 down field first downs.  Trying to power the ball as a center piece of the offense is just too darn predictable.  Georgia's D-Line, while smaller than our O-Line, was just too quick and athletic to be successful.  That won't change with the remaining SEC schedule this year or next.  Surely Coach B knows this.  So, where do we go from here.

lefty08

Quote from: Monsterhog on October 19, 2014, 05:39:54 am
Be Modified....

There is nothing wrong with running the ball.  It has been a foundation of the game since the game originated.  We must modify this offense to be more open than planning to run the ball down the throats of opposing SEC defenses.  Our schedule this year will be almost identical next year and years to come.  We won't win with a 1950's style offense. Not in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10 or Sunbelt.  Our HC's philosophy must change.  I like the fact we started throwing the ball over the middle in the 2nd half which resulted in some good 10-20 down field first downs.  Trying to power the ball as a center piece of the offense is just too darn predictable.  Georgia's D-Line, while smaller than our O-Line, was just too quick and athletic to be successful.  That won't change with the remaining SEC schedule this year or next.  Surely Coach B knows this.  So, where do we go from here.
I disagree
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

BorderPatrol

HogAlum99

Quote from: Monsterhog on October 19, 2014, 05:39:54 am
Be Modified....

While i will agree we need a balanced offense to be successful, our strength is running the ball and that will not change under BB. While we were somewhat successful in the second half passing, I believe it had a lot more to do with UGA's defense playing soft (prevent), than it did with Allen actually starting to become a downfield threat. We will be fine long-term however. This is still only year 2 of a total rebuilding job. 

Monsterhog

HogAlum99,

Thanks for your respectful reply.  I hope you are right.  As for Georgia softening up you may well be right.  However,  they still stopped our run game when we did run.  They are a Top 10 team.  My point is the rest of our schedule and next year will be full of Top 10-25 teams consistently in the SEC portion. We have got to get better in the offense and being one sided just won't work in my opinion. I said that the day we hire Bret.  In the end I will use a old adage.

" If you want different results then stop doing what you are doing and do something else. "