Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

disappointed.....

Started by code red, October 19, 2014, 01:33:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

with what was on the field today.  Not necessarily with the play but, with how what we did today helps us recruit. I know Negative Nancey.  Discuss?????
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

arkfan81

Im with you. Theres really no words to express the feeling.
Have faith...

moses_007

Disgusted, disgruntled, dismayed and any other negative words you might think of.

code red

I just really am perplexed at what the heck we tried to accomplish this week in practice.  Wow.  I mean really.  The secondary was just awful and the Oline could not slow down a small leak.  Very discouraging.  ESP after what Mizzou did to UF.  Before you bash me.....remember...our coach is 0 for the SEC in almost 2 years.  A coach (un named) went bowling his second year with another coaches recruits at the UofA.  But, that same coach could do nothing with his recruits (so far) in which a hand full of players from that squad went to a BCS bowl.  GO HOGS.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 02:08:27 amBut, that same coach could do nothing with his recruits (so far) which some went to a BCS bowl.  GO HOGS.

That's kind of a stretch. 

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 02:09:56 am
That's kind of a stretch. 

I digress.  But, in the rock and to lay a egg like that......let me ask you.  Who is our leader out there....on the field?

code red

usnavyhogfan

Apathy has set in. That was an embarrassing performance and effort by all including the coaches today.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

alohawg

Today was welcome back 2013 day.......What the heck happened to the team that should have beat Alabama a mere week earlier??? A win today would have been huge, a validation of progress etc.... Instead, it feels like a blind side kick in the balls, a punch in the gut, total regression and depression........because we all bought in.

Btw- I'm positive.......that Chaney IS a moron.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

spiritof92

Mostly the 2nd quarter was a "welcome back to 2013" day.  Last season this would have been a 52-6 loss.

code red

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on October 19, 2014, 02:18:18 am
Apathy has set in. That was an embarrassing performance and effort by all including the coaches today.
I got to say....we looked like we were pompous.  Like we thought we belonged but....everyone could see that we didn't. Hogs had a chance vs Bama was bc of the crowd and rain...and they exposed A&M today.  Bama's coach busted ass....the next week.  Our coach took it easy cause we had two tough games.  Well, he must have misjudged tough.  And.......he gets 3 mill a year...to take it easy on our kids.

alohawg

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 02:33:28 am
I got to say....we looked like we were pompous.  Like we thought we belonged but....everyone could see that we didn't.  Bama was equalized by the crowd and rain...and they exposed A&M today.  Bama's coach busted ass.  Our coach took it easy cause we had two tough games.  Well, he must have misjudged tough.  And.......he gets 3 mill a year...to take it easy on our kids.

I'm afraid you are much too right. Our softy coach needs to get just a wee bit more PISSED OFF!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

code red

Quote from: alohawg on October 19, 2014, 02:38:07 am
I'm afraid you are much too right. Our softy coach needs to get just a wee bit more PISSED OFF!
I see no one pissed off...but...oh well....we have tradition????  Anyone need tix to UAB???

spiritof92

Maybe the fact that the players came back out and played the second half rather than lay down like they did last season is the product of Bielema getting "pissed off" at halftime.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 01:33:38 am
with what was on the field today.  Not necessarily with the play but, with how what we did today helps us recruit. I know Negative Nancey.  Discuss?????

I for one did not know the team in the first half was. That was not the Hogs I have been watching this season. Had they played the first half like they played the second half an upset could have happened.

Anybody know who that first half team was with the razorback on their helmets were?

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 02:41:58 am
Maybe the fact that the players came back out and played the second half rather than lay down like they did last season is the product of Bielema getting "pissed off" at halftime.

We missed two.....freakin two extra points and a gimme FG.  They were blocked bc the kicker is slow to the ball.  That is coaching....that is the little stuff.  That is why we have goose eggs in the W column.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 02:33:20 am
Mostly the 2nd quarter was a "welcome back to 2013" day.  Last season this would have been a 52-6 loss.

Worse than that. Try 65 - 6

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 02:41:58 am

I tend to think a soft cover 4 by UGA to preserve the win...... but..whatever.

spiritof92

So the entire left side protection getting reverse pancaked is because the kicker was slow?  Funny how that was the same side that gave up penetration against Bama and how it didn't happen on the right side.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 02:46:58 am
So the entire left side protection getting reverse pancaked is because the kicker was slow?  Funny how that was the same side that gave up penetration against Bama and how it didn't happen on the right side.

Played much football??? I thought not.  Talking about the last 2 weeks.  Same thing no adjustment.  We kick a couple field goals we are 5-2.  Little stuff.....why is it not addressed???

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 02:50:36 am
Played much football??? I thought not.  Talking about the last 2 weeks.  Same thing no adjustment.  We kick a couple field goals we are 5-2.  Little stuff.....why is it not addressed???

As a matter of fact I did play some ball.  I understand the dynamics behind kicking.  I also understand that if your protection immediately gets blown up it has an ill effect just as a high snap or a bad hold. 

spiritof92

It is pretty funny a complete stranger that knows nothing about me asks me a personal question and answers it himself in the same post. 

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 02:52:39 am
As a matter of fact I did play some ball.  I understand the dynamics behind kicking.  I also understand that if your protection immediately gets blown up it has an ill effect just as a high snap or a bad hold. 
Sorry...let me be more specific......does it not concern you that we continue to make the same stupid.....yes I said stupid mistakes in every SEC game.  Improvement???  Show me in the win column.  We have missed atleast 3 extras this year....thats redic.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 02:53:49 am
It is pretty funny a complete stranger that knows nothing about me asks me a personal question and answers it himself in the same post. 

You got me...you are so smart...I am so stupid.  0-12.

spiritof92

I agree that it's ridiculous but I have no power to change it.  I can scream until I'm blue in the face about the kicking game, the safety and QB play, abandoning the run too soon, ect... and it will change absolutely nothing.  Just as whining about the coach isn't going to change the fact Bielema will be the head coach here next season.  It's cool that people have opinions and vent here but some of the stuff here is just redundant.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 03:00:26 am
I agree that it's ridiculous but I have no power to change it.  I can scream until I'm blue in the face about the kicking game, the safety and QB play, abandoning the run too soon, ect... and it will change absolutely nothing.  Just as whining about the coach isn't going to change the fact Bielema will be the head coach here next season.  It's cool that people have opinions and vent here but some of the stuff here is just redundant.

Yr 2???  Kentucky and UT doing fine???

spiritof92

Kentucky was ran out of Baton Rouge and Tennessee lost by 4 TDs and a FG tonight.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 03:00:26 am

How is it a rant when the the UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS is 0 for there last 12 under the current coach,  in the conference that they play in???   How would that fly in 64, 88, heck 2000?  The Bobby Petrino excuse is done!!!

spiritof92

This is getting pretty comical.  0-3 Tennessee is doing just fine.  lol

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 03:07:27 am
This is getting pretty comical.  0-3 Tennessee is doing just fine.  lol
They are also playing 21 freshman....most in D1.   LOL!!!!

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 03:09:02 am
They are also playing 21 freshman....most in D1.   LOL!!!!

You stated they are doing fine with an 0-3 SEC record but Arkansas is the worst team ever because they are 0-4 in the SEC.   Now I'm starting to understand why I'm the only person responding to you.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 03:06:33 am
Kentucky was ran out of Baton Rouge and Tennessee lost by 4 TDs and a FG tonight.
Really?  There one game from bowl eligiable....really??

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 03:10:09 am
You stated they are doing fine with an 0-3 SEC record but Arkansas is the worst team ever because they are 0-4 in the SEC.   Now I'm starting to understand why I'm the only person responding to you.
Did Tennessee win a SEC game last year.....did we??  Hmmmm.  Yes UT won 2 sir.

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 03:11:14 am

Their SEC wins consist of Vandy and SC.  Their other three wins were against a MAC, Sunbelt, and I-AA team.  Please stop pretending they are setting the world on fire.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 03:13:38 am
Their SEC wins consist of Vandy and SC.  Their other three wins were against a MAC, Sunbelt, and I-AA team.  Please stop pretending they are setting the world on fire.

Where are our quality wins?  You think we could be USC-E this year or last LOL.

spiritof92

We don't have any but I'm not claiming the Hogs are "just fine" as you have made that claim about Kentucky and Tennessee.

code red

Nice debate...I needed that...today has been pretty much disgusting.  I see your point and apologize if you are offended by my stance.  But, IMHO we got no better since A@M.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 19, 2014, 03:16:07 am
We don't have any but I'm not claiming the Hogs are "just fine" as you have made that claim about Kentucky and Tennessee.

I think they are in better shape as in being able to attack all 3 phases of the game.  I hope I am wrong.  GO HOGS>

spiritof92

I honestly think we are in the same boat as Tennessee.  Both teams have much potential but just need a bit more time and another player or three.

code red

Tennessee has a pretty good Q.

code red

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 03:21:27 am
Tennessee has a pretty good Q.

I think we have 2 or 3 as well.  It's just a couple are RS and the other isn't on campus yet.  lol

gchamblee

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 03:11:14 am

there, they're, their.... take 5 minutes and study them so that your rubbish is easier on the eyes.