Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Like I have said before...this is a 5-6 year rebuilding project

Started by checkraiser88, October 19, 2014, 01:21:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Quote from: thefisher on October 21, 2014, 09:46:22 am
Do you get that ... Mullen had experienced 5 straight losing conference records until now. However, they showed slow and steady improvement each year until this year they have totally broke through.

I don't think he gets it, because it isn't true.
Mullen won 4 SEC games in his 2nd season, the year they finished 15th in the nation with a 52-17 New Year's Day Bowl victory over Michigan.

DeltaBoy

I am getting TOO OLD for these reoccurring 3-6 year rebuilding projects. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2014, 03:00:29 pm
[/quote
Rebuilding is not necessary. We are not that far apart in talent. It is in game coaching strategy and an inability to close out games.

[attachment deleted by admin]

RT1941

Quote from: BartIV on October 19, 2014, 09:25:01 am
I was being nice. CBB had to take over the mess left by Mega-clown John L Smith. Saying give the man 5-6 years, now that is ridiculous.  But worked for Miss State
Will UA Administration have the patience that MSU has had?

Dan Mullen gave the MSU folks something to get enthusiastic about especially after the Croom crapfest - they've been to 4 bowls winning 3 of them and he had that team at 9-4 in his 2nd yr, which for MSU is damn good.  This year he has a veteran team with experience and solid QB, they sky is the limit for that team - - - we'll see where they end up.
RazorTusk!!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: RT1941 on October 21, 2014, 04:12:50 pm
Will UA Administration have the patience that MSU has had?

Dan Mullen gave the MSU folks something to get enthusiastic about especially after the Croom crapfest - they've been to 4 bowls winning 3 of them and he had that team at 9-4 in his 2nd yr, which for MSU is damn good.  This year he has a veteran team with experience and solid QB, they sky is the limit for that team - - - we'll see where they end up.

heard that MSU has 17 srs, red shirt srs, or rs jrs in their starting 22.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RT1941

Quote from: hogsanity on October 21, 2014, 04:22:20 pm
heard that MSU has 17 srs, red shirt srs, or rs jrs in their starting 22.
Not as talented as some other SEC teams, but the players have experience in the system and veterans bring much needed leadership.  When you watch them play on the lines, you will see a very physical team that has gelled and knows how to work hard.  Their team chemistry is obvious to an outsider - they work and communicate very well.
RazorTusk!!!!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2014, 03:00:29 pm

It's alright Delt.  As senior poster, Jeff is calling you first about the next hire
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

goneal

I've been through enough of these to know, there is no way this guy is still here in year 5 if we're not very competitive before then. If we're not bowl eligible next year, the gloves will come off very fast. To think that they'll give him 5-6 years of "building the program" is just silly.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Dropkick

Quote from: VT HOG on October 19, 2014, 08:53:26 am
This will be the first time ever Arkansas has has 3 losing seasons in a row. What Bielema is doing is historically bad.
Anybody seen this jewel of a poster lately. Ran and hid after LSU game I suppose.

Hoggish1

Quote from: goneal on October 22, 2014, 09:52:19 pm
I've been through enough of these to know, there is no way this guy is still here in year 5 if we're not very competitive before then. If we're not bowl eligible next year, the gloves will come off very fast. To think that they'll give him 5-6 years of "building the program" is just silly.

I have not seen you at the crow eating table. Why?

The_Bionic_Pig

A lot of these posters haven't said a word in 3 weeks because it would be a contradiction of everything they spewed over the past 2 months..
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 24, 2014, 06:20:10 am
A lot of these posters haven't said a word in 3 weeks because it would be a contradiction of everything they spewed over the past 2 months..

I've noticed the board has been a little slow now that we are winning.

Its sad we have people that are only happy when they are complaining.

Choctaw Hog

They've crawled back in their hole where they belong. 

southarkhog06

A lot of these posters haven't said a word in 3 weeks because it would be a contradiction of everything they spewed over the past 2 months years..
ftfy

The_Iceman

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Southpointhog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 19, 2014, 01:21:26 am
We don't have the depth or talent to be a legitimate threat at this point. BB's system requires patience and I feel like we should give it to him...That is all

Doesnt this cat have to feel like a complete fool now!

Southpointhog

Quote from: goneal on October 22, 2014, 09:52:19 pm

Computer Geek making athletic opinions!  Nice!  There were days when I was frustrated and even pissed, but never got on here and ran my mouth!

Razorbax

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 23, 2014, 09:42:22 pm
I have not seen you at the crow eating table. Why?

I do find it highly ironic that some of yall are pointing out the inaccuracy of some posters and demanding they eat crow under the thread title of  "Like I have said before...this is a 5-6 year rebuilding project". Just can't make this up.

gmarv

don,t get excited I,m sure we ain,t seen the last of these guys unless we go on a 20 game winning streak,and even then they will be back the first time we lose.