Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Coach B Said......

Started by code red, October 19, 2014, 01:03:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

he thought he needed to take it easy...on the guys this week.....a qoute by Coach Lou came to mind to me...thought I would share. "If you what you think you did yesterday is Big....then you did nothing today." 

We took a step back today my friends just saying.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Torqued pork

I had a bad feeling about the game all week.

I think the heartbreakers and schedule have worn the team down.

code red

Well politely...I will say that first half was....anemic. Yeah...they fought back.  I am proud of that but, is tradition BIGGER than 0-16 and 0-12.  Those in the know.....KNOW what that means.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

spiritof92

I would imagine the players were beat all to hell after playing Bama. 

lefty08

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 01:03:51 am
he thought he needed to take it easy...on the guys this week.....a qoute by Coach Lou came to mind to me...thought I would share. "If you what you think you did yesterday is Big....then you did nothing today." 

We took a step back today my friends just saying.
I would agree with that last statement had we not outscored them so bad in the 2nd half
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Lord of the Styes

I thought about that statement as well. I believe the players and coaches were so "all about" beating Bama from the spring and fall, plus two weeks prior that there was no gas in the tank when the slightest bit of adversity hit.

srwhogs1

We've played 3 straight top 10 teams in regular season, first time ever, it's tough, we're getting better..still support the team..

Kevin

depth is so thin, cannot beat on them all the time
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Jek Tono Porkins

QuoteIf you what you think you did yesterday is Big....then you did nothing today.

What?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

goneal

I wonder what the plane ride back and the following week of practice was like for Alabama after the Arkansas game. Somehow I just don't see Saban going easy on his guys. Certainly two different performances yesterday, huh?
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

goneal

Quote from: Kevin on October 19, 2014, 10:57:54 am
depth is so thin, cannot beat on them all the time
\
Should correct that to can't beat them anytime.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

BigSexyHog

Stop saying we played 3 straight top 10 teams.  The Aggies are not a top 10 team.  Just cause they might have been ranked at one times doesn't make Aggies or any other team a top 10 team.   Aggies Are horrendous and we let that game and Bama slip away.  I was wondering when the let down would occur and we saw it Saturday.   Now back to work or fold on the rest of the year if you're a player and coach. It's up to you.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hogdoc97

By that logic no one in the country can say they played a top ten team until the season is over. We don't know how teams will finish. Auburn may go on a losing streak, so could bama. With that said, tex am is not and will not be a top ten team. But they were when we played them.

rude1

Quote from: srwhogs1 on October 19, 2014, 10:56:54 am
We've played 3 straight top 10 teams in regular season, first time ever, it's tough, we're getting better..still support the team..
I know this sounds good for the excuse column, but do you really believe aTm was a top 10 team? Or does it matter how good or bad a team is, as long as they have that ranking when we play them so we can not feel bad about losing to them?

lefty08

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 19, 2014, 12:58:49 pm
Stop saying we played 3 straight top 10 teams.  The Aggies are not a top 10 team.  Just cause they might have been ranked at one times doesn't make Aggies or any other team a top 10 team.   Aggies Are horrendous and we let that game and Bama slip away.  I was wondering when the let down would occur and we saw it Saturday.   Now back to work or fold on the rest of the year if you're a player and coach. It's up to you.
now that's a mature post from a grown man right there. You guy listen up!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pulled(PP)pork

I guess bama wasn't a top 10 team either, they sure haven't played like one, prior to aTm

PP

LZH

I didn't get to see much of the game, I took my young'n to the local fall festival back in McGehee.  But it sounds like I could vent and rail on BB all I care to.  However, I'll wait to see the film (I'll check it out later tonite) before I do.  At the very least, it sounds like he just hasn't been able to keep these boys from deflating when things start going south.

It was 38-6 the last I heard.  When I looked online a few hours later I expected to see 59-13, or worse.  I was fairly pleased that we came back in the 2nd half.  But I'm running out of patience with the "we almost got that one" line.  I'm quite sure BB is too, so I'll lay off him for now.

chuggs33

Quote from: LZH on October 19, 2014, 03:01:56 pm
I didn't get to see much of the game, I took my young'n to the local fall festival back in McGehee.  But it sounds like I could vent and rail on BB all I care to.  However, I'll wait to see the film (I'll check it out later tonite) before I do.  At the very least, it sounds like he just hasn't been able to keep these boys from deflating when things start going south.

It was 38-6 the last I heard.  When I looked online a few hours later I expected to see 59-13, or worse.  I was fairly pleased that we came back in the 2nd half.  But I'm running out of patience with the "we almost got that one" line.  I'm quite sure BB is too, so I'll lay off him for now.

I understand ya.  He needs time for sure.  I don't envy his situation.  Its got to be hard to keep the guys up every week right now.  They need a win in the worst way.  UAB is coming in at a good time I think. 

Wants2Win

Quote from: hogdoc97 on October 19, 2014, 01:26:39 pm
By that logic no one in the country can say they played a top ten team until the season is over. We don't know how teams will finish. Auburn may go on a losing streak, so could bama. With that said, tex am is not and will not be a top ten team. But they were when we played them.
Exactly. A&M is not a top 10 team so stop saying they are.

ricepig

I bet he really appreciates you laying off him for now, lol.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2014, 03:09:25 pm
I bet he really appreciates you laying off him for now, lol.

Yeah, he 'tweeted' me earlier and said "thanks for the breathing room LZ, I was so worried about what you were gonna say!"

jkstock04

Do yourself a favor and don't watch it. The final score isn't an indication of how badly we were manhandled minus the opening minutes. I felt they called the dogs off in the 2nd half (especially on defense) or the score would've looked worse. Turnovers, dumb penalties, ejections, terrible kicking game, and poor overall play is a good way to describe it.

The tight ends were one bright spot.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Wants2Win on October 19, 2014, 03:07:08 pm
Exactly. A&M is not a top 10 team so stop saying they are.

He said they were when we played them...which is correct.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

LZH

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 19, 2014, 03:12:49 pm
Do yourself a favor and don't watch it. The final score isn't an indication of how badly we were manhandled minus the opening minutes. I felt they called the dogs off in the 2nd half (especially on defense) or the score would've looked worse. Turnovers, dumb penalties, ejections, terrible kicking game, and poor overall play is a good way to describe it.

The tight ends were one bright spot.

Yikes.  Sounds like I might need some 80 proof to get thru that one.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: LZH on October 19, 2014, 03:14:39 pm
Yikes.  Sounds like I might need some 80 proof to get thru that one.

Yes. It was ugly. UGA showed why they are a Top 10 team.

LZH

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 19, 2014, 03:16:58 pm
Yes. It was ugly. UGA showed why they are a Top 10 team.

Well I said last week that Georgia might be the best team in the SEC, because I watched them dismantle Mizzou.  But a lot of guys were saying how inconsistent the Dawgs have played and how bad Mizzou is this year, so I thought "OK, maybe they're overrated".  Doesn't look like it now.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: LZH on October 19, 2014, 03:26:51 pm
Well I said last week that Georgia might be the best team in the SEC, because I watched them dismantle Mizzou.  But a lot of guys were saying how inconsistent the Dawgs have played and how bad Mizzou is this year, so I thought "OK, maybe they're overrated".  Doesn't look like it now.

UGA is by far, the best team of this three game stretch of aTm, Bama, & UGA.

BrassNunchucks

chuggs33

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 19, 2014, 03:33:54 pm

sure seems like it. 

thefisher

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 19, 2014, 03:33:54 pm
It appears that the loss of Gurley has really galvanized them.  The rest of that team is playing with attitude and some wreckless abandon now.  If they keep playing at that level they will be in the SEC championship ... and very probably win it!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

gmarv

uga being a top 10 team and us being flat after spending so much mental energy against bama is my excuse.my glass is still halffull,but seriously hoping that mess was just a one game let down.

VT HOG

You still consider A&M a top ten team?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hogdoc97 on October 19, 2014, 01:26:39 pm

That's the way I look at who we played.  I wait until the end of the season and see where teams are ranked then.  Those are the ranked teams we faced for the year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 19, 2014, 01:17:04 am
I had a bad feeling about the game all week.

I think the heartbreakers and schedule have worn the team down.

True.  And it doesn't help to have an away game, in the Rock, sandwiched between two home games...

HF#1

Say what you want about A&M now, but they were clicking on all cylinders when we played them. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HF#1 on October 19, 2014, 09:59:28 pm
Say what you want about A&M now, but they were clicking on all cylinders when we played them. 

Actually they weren't when they played us.  3 penalties and a missed field goal gave them all the chances to win.   

That game should have been a blowout win instead it was a 4th quarter collapse to make overtime and eventually a loss. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?