Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let me start with how I really feel.

Started by Lake City Hog, October 18, 2014, 11:47:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

I don't want a change at the top. We simply must have a 5 to 8 year run with the same guy. Firing the Head Coach must be our LAST resort! Right now continuity is needed to the Nth degree.

BUT, we absolutely must get better on the offensive side of the ball. BB made a change at the DC position and we are seeing the defense get better with basically the same players as last year. If you would be very honest with yourself you would have to agree that we would very likely look just like last year without those changes.

We might see a similar jump in offensive output with a change on the other side of the ball. There is a guy out there that can improve our offense, can we find him?
If we continue to accept bad coaching by placing the blame on the players we will continue to struggle. MANY of you defended Ash in very much the same way as you are defending Chaney right now, by blaming our performance on the players. Yes, players need to play, but coaches should be expected to coach at a very high level too.

And, the truth is BB needs to really take a hard look at himself. 2 games in a row after a score he has dialed up a "sky" kick to prevent a runback and wound up giving them the ball at the 35 or 40 yard line. That is much worse than a good return because it is FREE field position. At least make them earn it!

2 games in a row we have had a blocked PAT--- Maybe we should consider some changes in the PAT team? Maybe we should consider some changes in PAT blocking schemes? Obviously something is broke, for heaven's sake, FIX IT!!!

Last, BB MUST get control of this team. These STUPID penalties have to stop, we are hurting ourselves. No, we are costing ourselves WINS! That is one area that the HC can directly impact by choosing to not put guys on the field that cannot control their own actions.

hellwonthaveme

Pigdiana Jones

I'm getting to the point that I'm starting to lean towards replacing all of them. I am trying to be patient, but I'm sick of this mammoth line getting abused like we are a div 3 team. Whatever happened to being physical and wearing out people. The line should be pancaking people left and right with that size. Instead they look like pansies. Don't get me started on Chaney because I'm sick and tired of going away from what works and plays not working at all. It's helluva annoying.

Just sick and tired of losing. It's gotten really old really quick.

You can thank Mr. Morality for the mess we're in.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WarPig88

We had a 10 year run with one coach. So simply saying that we need to stick with one coach won't cut it.

It has to be the right coach. You can tell them by their won/loss records.

This isn't Miss St.

songofthesword

when you are throwing it 30 times a game a 330 pound o line is a liability not an asset.

redeye

The penalties don't bother me much, because I think they're mostly a result of poor officiating.  Most of the calls were legit, but they usually gave our opponent a big lift and that's not right.  Today's officiating crew was expected to be better, but every call went Georgia's way, until the game was well in hand for the Bulldogs, and then every call went against Georgia, so it didn't look one-sided.

But yea, Chaney is probably on his last leg.  If we don't see more improvement this year, then my guess is that he's gone.  I really hoped things would work out for him, but I don't see it happening.

Those wanting a vastly different offense will likely be disappointed, though, and they should be.  I highly doubt that we suddenly change our offense to a spread of anything vastly different.

ChicoHog

Dave Womack is the DC at Mississippi right now.  Was Hogs DC under Nutt for a few years.  We were very mediocre with him in charge.  Now Ole miss is really good on D.  do you think the players have anything to do with that?  Yes they do.  they have some real studs on their defense.  we are getting there and with some more good recruiting and development we will get better also.  we just need to win some of these close games, especially an SEC game. 

doc53

Did not like Ash and liking Chaney less and less.Brandon Allen is not our best player nor a playmaker. The ball needs to be in the hands of the ones who are.
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

Lake City Hog

Chico, yes players do have something to do with coaching successes, but it is just as important to be on the same page as your HC. Think of the DC's that couldn't cut it here that were highly successful before and/or after leaving here.

Chaney has a pretty bad history of 2nd half failures in the SEC. This has been discussed a LOT lately. But, feel free to throw our players under the bus to protect his reputation.

Lake City Hog

BA is completing almost 60% of his passes and has a 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio and he's the problem??? Is it possible that with a better OC that he could be even better? Is that maybe, just a little bit possible?

FreshHog

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 19, 2014, 12:38:09 am
Dude Allen would be putting up heisman numbers if Petrino was his coach. Chaney is the problem. If you can't see that then you just don't understand football.
hahahahahahahahaha

carolinahogger

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 18, 2014, 11:47:19 pm
BB made a change at the DC position and we are seeing the defense get better with basically the same players as last year.

lol.

So the entire defense has a year more experience but that is not a big part of why they are better? 

lefty08

I don't want a change at the top. We simply must have a 5 to 8 year run with the same guy. Firing the Head Coach must be our LAST resort! Right now continuity is needed to the Nth degree.

BUT, we absolutely must get better on the offensive side of the ball. BB made a change at the DC position and we are seeing the defense get better with basically the same players as last year. If you would be very honest with yourself you would have to agree that we would very likely look just like last year without those changes.

We might see a similar jump in offensive output with a change on the other side of the ball. There is a guy out there that can improve our offense, can we find him?
If we continue to accept bad coaching by placing the blame on the players we will continue to struggle. MANY of you defended Ash in very much the same way as you are defending Chaney right now, by blaming our performance on the players. Yes, players need to play, but coaches should be expected to coach at a very high level too.

And, the truth is BB needs to really take a hard look at himself. 2 games in a row after a score he has dialed up a "sky" kick to prevent a runback and wound up giving them the ball at the 35 or 40 yard line. That is much worse than a good return because it is FREE field position. At least make them earn it!

2 games in a row we have had a blocked PAT--- Maybe we should consider some changes in the PAT team? Maybe we should consider some changes in PAT blocking schemes? Obviously something is broke, for heaven's sake, FIX IT!!!

Last, BB MUST get control of this team. These STUPID penalties have to stop, we are hurting ourselves. No, we are costing ourselves WINS! That is one area that the HC can directly impact by choosing to not put guys on the field that cannot control their own actions.
I'm positive the entire staff hasn't thought of any of this. I think you should email this, or make an instructional video. I hear Fred mcgriff isn't doin much these days. You could save our season!!!!!!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 19, 2014, 12:37:12 am
I have been saying that Chaney is a problem for a while. I just get insulted. Once even by a mod. CBB has no claim to fame other than running the ball. He's not a great defensive mind and he's not a great offensive mind. He's a CEO head coach who is a descent recruiter and evaluator. Other than that he brings NOTHING to the table. And it shows. He needs an OC in the worst kind of way. Any one that has any kind of success will not stay long regardless of pay. Because they will want to be a head coach eventually.

We had everything we needed with Bobby. I don't care what anyone says firing him was foolish. What did it accomplish ? Did we teach him a lesson or something ? He's making more than CBB last I checked. And we haven't won a conference game ever since Jeffie started enjoying practices. How nice that he enjoys practice while the fans hate the games. Its past time to run off Mr. Integrity. If I was in charge I'd do everything I could to get Bobby back. Screw the gobn and screw all the integrity posters. They will all shut up when we start to win again.
you get insulted because your posts are stupid, nothing more
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Tim

Quote from: redeye on October 19, 2014, 12:12:49 am
The penalties don't bother me much, because I think they're mostly a result of poor officiating.  Most of the calls were legit, but they usually gave our opponent a big lift and that's not right. 
What?

Pigdiana Jones

October 19, 2014, 08:21:33 am #16 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:54:12 am by Pigdiana Jones
Don't what him. That was so obvious even my wife saw that. She kept saying why is Ga getting all the calls and then in the second half says why is Arkansas getting all the calls all of a sudden. It was obvious as day what was going on.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 19, 2014, 12:29:12 am
BA is completing almost 60% of his passes and has a 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio and he's the problem??? Is it possible that with a better OC that he could be even better? Is that maybe, just a little bit possible?
You conveniently failed to mention everyone is now stacking nine in the box every down daring allen to beat them and he cant
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hoggie17

We simply must have a 5 to 8 year run with the same guy.
We already went down that road.

Tim

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on October 19, 2014, 08:21:33 am
Don't what him. That was so obvious even my wife saw that. She kept saying why is Ga getting all the calls and then in the second half says why is Arkansas getting all the calls all of a sudden. It was obvious as day what was going on.
He said the officiating was poor AND the calls were legit.  That confused me.

Still does actually

ChicoHog

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 19, 2014, 12:26:55 am
Chico, yes players do have something to do with coaching successes, but it is just as important to be on the same page as your HC. Think of the DC's that couldn't cut it here that were highly successful before and/or after leaving here.

Chaney has a pretty bad history of 2nd half failures in the SEC. This has been discussed a LOT lately. But, feel free to throw our players under the bus to protect his reputation.
Lake, I'm not saying Chaney is great.  I was talking more about the defense.  We look like world beaters last week vs Bama and this week UGA comes out and moves the ball at will.  Some of it may be coaching, some of it may be player execution, etc.,  UGA was playing great, we weren't. 

Offensively we seem to struggle against teams because they are very good up front.  I think the same thing will happen against UM and MSU also. We may want to come out throwing more.  I know that is not our identity but even though Oline looks great against mediocre defenses I still think they struggle against the top tier talent that Bama, UGA and now MSU and UM has. 

And I still believe in BB.  Unsure on Chaney and it would not bother me if is gone next year or if someone else beats out Allen at QB. 

Redhogs

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 19, 2014, 12:03:29 am
We had a 10 year run with one coach. So simply saying that we need to stick with one coach won't cut it.

It has to be the right coach. You can tell them by their won/loss records.

This isn't Miss St.
This is starting to look so Houston Nutt like it's scary.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

wachhog

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 19, 2014, 02:11:06 am
I think we should create a weekly award for sunshine pumper poster of the week ? Maybe call it the RS award ?
This.  That is likely the only award anybody who calls himself a Razorback is going to win.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

We had 422 yards of offense.  And being down 38-6 pretty much dictates that you pass a little more.  So does fumbling on your own 7 yard line.  I'm not ready to blame Chaney. I do wonder about some weaknesses (especially pass blocking) of our OL, but they are young for the most part and should get better--I hope. And BA does seem to overlook some open guys. 

Defensively, we have to behave ourselves and get a little more depth.  I'm still on the bus.  Most said it would be a 4-8 to 6-6 season before it all began this season. Now, that's transpiring, only with ugly "almosts" in the middle that tease us. 

This is NOT Nutt II. It will be better soon, but will it be double-digit win every year better?  I don't know.

EFBAB

Redhogs

Quote from: wachhog on October 19, 2014, 11:28:46 am
This.  That is likely the only award anybody who calls himself a Razorback is going to win.
What?? Don't we still get the integrity award?  ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

impact

Quote from: Redhogs on October 19, 2014, 11:24:50 am
This is starting to look so Houston Nutt like it's scary.

I am not a Nutthugger.

Houston Nutt
Arkansas:   75–48   42–38

Brett Bielema
Arkansas:   6–13            0–12

How is the current regime remotely close?

Nutt managed to win a few while sending thousands of texts and anonymous emails.  This team has taken the attitude of the head coach, BB. 

A few Rah Rah speeches, including loving the helmet and one heartbeat wouldn't/couldn't hurt at this juncture.
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

CoachVisor

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 19, 2014, 12:37:12 am
I have been saying that Chaney is a problem for a while. I just get insulted. Once even by a mod. CBB has no claim to fame other than running the ball. He's not a great defensive mind and he's not a great offensive mind. He's a CEO head coach who is a descent recruiter and evaluator. Other than that he brings NOTHING to the table. And it shows. He needs an OC in the worst kind of way. Any one that has any kind of success will not stay long regardless of pay. Because they will want to be a head coach eventually.

We had everything we needed with Bobby. I don't care what anyone says firing him was foolish. What did it accomplish ? Did we teach him a lesson or something ? He's making more than CBB last I checked. And we haven't won a conference game ever since Jeffie started enjoying practices. How nice that he enjoys practice while the fans hate the games. Its past time to run off Mr. Integrity. If I was in charge I'd do everything I could to get Bobby back. Screw the gobn and screw all the integrity posters. They will all shut up when we start to win again.

Come to my office in the morning, you are getting a big fat pay raise and promotion!!!!

lefty08

Quote from: impact on October 19, 2014, 12:25:00 pm
I am not a Nutthugger.

Houston Nutt

Brett Bielema

Nutt managed to win a few while sending thousands of texts and anonymous emails.  This team has taken the attitude of the head coach, BB. 

A few Rah Rah speeches, including loving the helmet and one heartbeat wouldn't/couldn't hurt at this juncture.
4 of the top 5 teams in the polls this week are in this division, some people seem to overlook thereabouts may take awhile longer. Butt inherited maybe the most talented razorback team in 2 decades, he wouldn't have us close at this point

HF#1

I am not a Nutthugger.

Houston Nutt

Brett Bielema

12 of those 16 losses were against top 10 teams....  Give me a coach in our history that have played a stretch of teams even remotely close to that.  Not to mention in their first or second year after a dumpster fire left by the previous staff.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: lefty08 on October 19, 2014, 01:50:40 pm
4 of the top 5 teams in the polls this week are in this division, some people seem to overlook thereabouts may take awhile longer. Butt inherited maybe the most talented razorback team in 2 decades, he wouldn't have us close at this point

And while coaching in an SECW that looked more like the SECE today. 

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Jek Tono Porkins

I am not a Nutthugger.

Houston Nutt

Brett Bielema

I sure do get tired of people comparing records as if they are completely equal in every sense.

When Nutt was coach, nobody in the West was really that good and there were 3 good teams in the east but 3 terrible teams.
When Petrino was coach, there were some good teams throughout the SEC but there were also some bad ones. We didn't beat a ranked team until the latter part of year 3.

Bielema is the coach and so far this year every SEC team we have played has been ranked. Not just ranked, but ranked in the top ten.
So basically we're pissed that Bielema doesn't have us in top ten form halfway through year 2. That is incredibly irrational and frankly stupid.

In any other year, this would be an 8-9 win team, which is respectable.

But as it stands, 4 out of the top 5 teams are in our division and another was top ten when we played them.

Bielema will get us there eventually. The timing just simply could not have been worse.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Lake City Hog

Lefty, you just trying to be a richard or does it come naturally?
In case you haven't noticed this is a message board, you know where people come to DISCUSS their own ideas about the program. But, you go right on singing the company song and march right in step fearing to have an original thought of you own!

BB has stated on more than one occasion that our Freshman AA tight end has one deficiency, he needs to become a better blocker. Yet 2 games in a row we have a blocked PAT on his side of the line. Maybe, just maybe we might want to put in a 2nd team tackle at that spot?

Are you telling me that you are completely satisfied that we have actually caught 2 punts in the last 2 games?(both fair catches) How much field position have we lost by constantly letting punts hit the ground and roll and roll?

impact

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 19, 2014, 02:08:49 pm
I sure do get tired of people comparing records as if they are completely equal in every sense.

When Nutt was coach, nobody in the West was really that good and there were 3 good teams in the east but 3 terrible teams.
When Petrino was coach, there were some good teams throughout the SEC but there were also some bad ones. We didn't beat a ranked team until the latter part of year 3.

Bielema is the coach and so far this year every SEC team we have played has been ranked. Not just ranked, but ranked in the top ten.
So basically we're pissed that Bielema doesn't have us in top ten form halfway through year 2. That is incredibly irrational and frankly stupid.

In any other year, this would be an 8-9 win team, which is respectable.

But as it stands, 4 out of the top 5 teams are in our division and another was top ten when we played them.

Bielema will get us there eventually. The timing just simply could not have been worse.

Then quit bringing up Nutt and Petrino.  Both are gone.  Coach Bielema has 3.2 million reasons to take responsibility for the losses.  He has Alex Collins and JWill plus a good oline.  Thats a start to building a good team.

Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: impact on October 19, 2014, 02:25:22 pm
Then quit bringing up Nutt and Petrino.  Both are gone.  Coach Bielema has 3.2 million reasons to take responsibility for the losses.  He has Alex Collins and JWill plus a good oline.  Thats a start to building a good team.
I didn't bring up Nutt. You did. Or someone else did.

I haven't seen Coach Bielema throw players under the bus or anything. He has taken responsibility for losses. He does have a good o-line but the LT is a true sophomore, the LG is a JC transfer, the center half of the time is a junior that had 4 starts prior to this season and the center the other half of the time is a true freshman. The RG is a true freshman and the RT is the only experienced member of that group.

You don't win games with raw talent. You win games with experience. By and large we are still an inexperienced team.

I'll continue to bring up Petrino because of the parallels that we see.
Petrino won 10 regular season games in 2010 with pretty much the same people that he won 7 regular season games with in 2009.

The difference was experience.

With this schedule, the 2009 Arkansas team would be exactly where the 2014 team is now. And people would still be bitching.

Hell, people were bitching about Petrino in 2009. They were saying things like
"He's a good Big East coach but he won't win in the SEC"
"Big East finnesse football won't work in the SEC"
"Our kicker sucks"
"Fire Willy"
"I hate losing to Nutt"
etc.

So sorry if I put precisely zero stock into what fans say about Bielema. They have proven to be a fickle bunch that can't see the forest for the trees.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung