Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The loss was disappointing ......

Started by ShadowTheHedgehog, October 18, 2014, 11:37:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

There is plenty of blame to go around. But one good thing today was the awesome TE play. AJ and HH were beasts out there.

ShadowTheHedgehog

That one handed catch was awesome, and he almost had a one handed for a TD. To be honest the WRs looked at least serviceable I would even say good today.

We need to mix it up more IMO we tend to either have a drive where we mainly run or a drive where we only pass. Maybe there is some benefit in doing so but to me it seems too predictable.

Prestworthy

HH or Derby need to be permanently move into a WR position so that both can be on the field.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 18, 2014, 11:44:20 pm
HH or Derby need to be permanently move into a WR position so that both can be on the field.

The argument against doing this (on Hogville that is) has been that they cannot get enough separation due to their lack of speed as a WR. I don't know how important separation is in this case. I would use them to get 5-7 yards consistently or at least forcing the opposing D to double-team them to stop them.

HognitiveDissonance

Henry(and now also Derby) should be getting a minimum of five targets per game.
Both are truly elite talents at that position. We probably have the best TEs in the SEC. And since this is basically a ball-control type offense, they fit right in. Occasional big plays but steady 10 yard catches to move the chains.
Up until this game, I don't feel Henry has been used well at all.
I think it was Alabama when asked privately by media who on Arkansas's team that impresses them and the answer was #84---Hunter Henry.
If he doesn't have a long career in the NFL I'll be surprised. Another Jason Witten.

Youngsta71701

We just need to run more of the 2TE set because those two have proven that they should never come off the field unless they are gassed or injured.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 18, 2014, 11:44:20 pm

As good as they are......they don't have the speed to be as effective at the wide receiver position on every play.....specially deep routes.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Großer Kriegschwein

With Derby's size, speed and toughness I'm pretty sure he'll be playing on Sunday. Henry is an animal. Neither have gotten enough touches when games were on the line this year and I don't mean those ill fated reverses either.
This is my non-signature signature.