Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who thinks putting Rafe Peavey

Started by Prestworthy, October 18, 2014, 11:29:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

Quote from: 1 hog n eldo on October 18, 2014, 11:45:57 pm
I have read on here that Bobby Allen has no pull and there is no politics involved in the Allen brothers being in the position they are in. But if peavey doesn't get a shot this year and Brandon is the starter next year I call bs.

That is a bad call!

bjl

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 10:35:07 am

I am going to be the first to openly admit, I would like to see Austin start and play.  If we are going to lose, then lose with a young guy.  I think they should have played him last year. Find out if he can play

BA-senior
Aa-redshirt soph
Rp-redshirt fr
Tw-redshirting fr

Not all those underclassmen are staying in 2016

So, you want the head coach of an SEC football team to walk into the locker room, with 5 games left in the season, with a possible(although very slim) bowl appearance on the line, and tell his players "Guys, I have given up on this season, sorry."  He then goes on to explain that BA will not play anymore, b/c AA needs to get ALL the reps, just IN CASE he beats out the other two qb's next spring/fall and earns the starting job.

He also is taking his team captain off the field, benching his leader, along with giving up on the current season. 

yea...i see your point, let's throw all the sr's under the bus and give them no shot their last year.  Let's lose all credibility with your current players.   :o

It's complete nonsense to even bother with this line of thinking.

HF#1

Funny that Georgia took their foot off the pedal considering we never saw their #2 QB,  #2 RB, or #2 defense.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Kevin

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 21, 2014, 11:31:39 am
And you know this how? Were you in their defensive huddle?. Did you hear their DC say, Okay guys we've got a big lead so screw around and let them complete passes?

No way did Georgia back off and let the Hogs score four TD against them. That would be stupid.

were they blitzing every play? were they up on the line bump are receivers?

i can watch the game and see the difference, i don't have to be in the huddle.

why do you think your opinion is right & mine is not? in fact, i probably have a better view of the game because i get to see replays. during those replays i get to hear a heisman trophy winner who played qb, show me & tell me what is happening on the play. while you are on top of the press box doing your job.

we are all not idiots who post on message boards. some of us, can actually watch what is going on, and think for ourselves, or listen to experts & understand what they are saying.

i understand, you are biased toward BA, and i am biased in my opinion that he cannot get it done. Right now, the facts are on my side. you cannot window dress it any other way.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

Quote from: bjl on October 21, 2014, 11:44:05 am
So, you want the head coach of an SEC football team to walk into the locker room, with 5 games left in the season, with a possible(although very slim) bowl appearance on the line, and tell his players "Guys, I have given up on this season, sorry."  He then goes on to explain that BA will not play anymore, b/c AA needs to get ALL the reps, just IN CASE he beats out the other two qb's next spring/fall and earns the starting job.

He also is taking his team captain off the field, benching his leader, along with giving up on the current season. 

yea...i see your point, let's throw all the sr's under the bus and give them no shot their last year.  Let's lose all credibility with your current players.   :o

It's complete nonsense to even bother with this line of thinking.
[/

next year, when all the young guys are playing, and making mistakes, you guys will be whining about how inexperienced we are.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Atlhogfan1

Take BA out and the team has no chance of being competitive the rest of the season.

This is not an endorsement of Brandon. He will not be the qb when we begin winning again in the SEC. 

If BA were to be injured to where he couldn't play, AA should play with Duwop or Derby being the emergency.  At that point, it will not matter anyway.  Just get the season over by putting someone in who can take a snap from center and handoff and not damage the program down the road by essentially wasting a season on what could be a difference making qb in the future.  Rafe should not play this season for any reason. 

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 21, 2014, 10:49:40 am
I don't think we will ever see a Freshman QB on the field at Arkansas  with Bielema. This is mental masturbation.

It is venting and whining.  This is one of many areas where we don't have an answer this season.  But they will keep trying to suggest them anyway instead of manning up and dealing with where we are. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 21, 2014, 11:31:39 am
And you know this how? Were you in their defensive huddle?. Did you hear their DC say, Okay guys we've got a big lead so screw around and let them complete passes?

No way did Georgia back off and let the Hogs score four TD against them. That would be stupid.

Mike, I don't think UGA just let us score.  But, they did revert back to playing a more basic defense, and on offense they didn't take big chances.  I truly believe they were playing not to lose, and it almost came back to bite them.  One turnover, or a big play by us, and it very easily could have happened.  We definitely played better in the second half, but that was mostly because we didn't turn the ball over repeatedly.  I think we just had the failed onside kick that gave them the short field when they opened it up a little and scored right? 

Either way...our kids didn't quit.  Georgia didn't quit either.  They just took less risk.  Less blitzing, less risky passes and more running of the ball and the clock. 

Tevin Mitchell's penalty sealed the deal IMO.  It started with the missed extra point, and then you could feel a glimmer of hope when we stopped them on that next drive and should have gotten the ball back with a chance to take the lead back.  15 yards of senseless penalty later, the team completely lost focus and didn't regain it until he second half for whatever reason.  Call it youth..lack of coaching motivation...or just tired of finding a way to lose...whatever. 

If the only way our first win is going to come is in a blowout win, then the kids need to understand that likely isn't going to happen.  They're going to have to buckle down and try to win every down and have them add up to a close win.  That means highs and lows, and resolve. 

UGA was a very good football team.  I'm not sure we beat them on our best day this season, and that's reality.  I think it was the meltdown that surprised the fans.  We looked like a determined disciplined team executing well against a tough Bama team, but against UGA at times we looked like Ned and the First Reader.  We weren't ready to see regression, but UGA had us figured out on defense.  I thought that was brilliant to blitz from BA's blindside on every play and just disrupt everything.  Blue ribbon recipe for a team that was obviously more fragile than we thought. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Atlhogfan1

UGa was as aggressive as I have seen them under Richt in the first half beginning with their first offensive possession.  That looked like different a UGa team on both sides and even better than they had played vs Mizzou.  That aggression did not carry over to the second half thankfully. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HF#1

I'm sorry but did UGA not have a big play in the second half?  Did they not throw it deep?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogcard1964

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 11:47:22 am
Funny that Georgia took their foot off the pedal considering we never saw their #2 QB,  #2 RB, or #2 defense.

Doesn't matter. We got curb stomped.

HF#1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2014, 12:15:53 pm
Doesn't matter. We got curb stomped.

Kentucky got curbstomped, Florida got curbstomped, A&M got curbstomped.  We got overmatched and lost by 13...

hogcard1964

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 12:17:07 pm
Kentucky got curbstomped, Florida got curbstomped, A&M got curbstomped.  We got overmatched and lost by 13...

The game was over at half time.

Curb stomped.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 12:14:20 pm
I'm sorry but did UGA not have a big play in the second half?  Did they not throw it deep?

I may be wrong on this, but I think they scored following our failed onside kick when they got it at midfield and were a little more comfortable with taking some risks...and they did hit a long pass on us.  I could be badly wrong though.  In general though...they played to run the clock, and get out of dodge.  It's my opinion that our "comeback" was more of the result of changes UGA made than big improvement by us, other than doing much better at holding onto the ball.  But...I'm cool with others disagreeing. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HF#1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2014, 12:18:54 pm
The game was over at half time.

Curb stomped.

lol whatever dude.  Guarantee Richt didn't like their second half performance defensively. 

Kevin

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 12:20:10 pm
lol whatever dude.  Guarantee Richt didn't like their second half performance defensively. 

you think he liked their 2nd half offense that scored 7 points.

they were playing safe in the 2nd half. run out the clock, get the win, get home

the game was over at half

HF#1

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 12:23:04 pm
you think he liked their 2nd half offense that scored 7 points.

they were playing safe in the 2nd half. run out the clock, get the win, get home

the game was over at half

Whatever fits your narrative.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 18, 2014, 11:29:06 pm
Into the game late vs UAB is a bad idea?  Who things he should be playing instead of BA?  Just curious.

So, you can't think for yourself, you can't be curious about much in this world.

I am one of those that doesn't believe BA is the answer at QB.  I often wonder if he has had every opportunity to be trained correctly and I surely don't know. 

Austin Allen has shown up well during his public appearances for a non starting QB.  Those appearances have been limited but the results seem good, yet no opportunities to show his abilities over a decent period of time in real games.  Entering Rafe just doesn't make sense to me.  Entering Austin against UAB and seeing what happens does make sense to me.  I don't mean for a few finish up plays at the end, I mean go win the game in fashion.  BA doesn't appear confident and if I threw the ball and made decisions as he sometimes does, I wouldn't be confident either. 

I worry that the staff we have may not be capable of training up a QB and giving him the best opportunity to be successful but admit, I don't know that.

My personal opinion is that BA is seen as the best choice because we aren't training up any of the QBs to a point of success on the field.  Austin plays loose and ready while BA doesn't.  That could be the difference if there is a difference.

I note that other than the RBs, and linemen, non of the other offensive positions seem to have received much practice at their total jobs.  Look at the kickers, return men, QB and WRs.   They fail a lot at their jobs, WHY?

Kevin

hogcard1964

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 12:20:10 pm

I agree, they coasted.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 12247 on October 21, 2014, 12:24:45 pm
I am one of those that doesn't believe BA is the answer at QB.  I often wonder if he has had every opportunity to be trained correctly and I surely don't know. 

Austin Allen has shown up well during his public appearances for a non starting QB.  Those appearances have been limited but the results seem good, yet no opportunities to show his abilities over a decent period of time in real games.  Entering Rafe just doesn't make sense to me.  Entering Austin against UAB and seeing what happens does make sense to me.  I don't mean for a few finish up plays at the end, I mean go win the game in fashion.  BA doesn't appear confident and if I threw the ball and made decisions as he sometimes does, I wouldn't be confident either. 

I worry that the staff we have may not be capable of training up a QB and giving him the best opportunity to be successful but admit, I don't know that.

My personal opinion is that BA is seen as the best choice because we aren't training up any of the QBs to a point of success on the field.  Austin plays loose and ready while BA doesn't.  That could be the difference if there is a difference.

I note that other than the RBs, and linemen, non of the other offensive positions seem to have received much practice at their total jobs.  Look at the kickers, return men, QB and WRs.   They fail a lot at their jobs, WHY?

He isn't the answer but he doesn't have much eligibility left and is the only choice we have right now.  Players have a ceiling.  Maybe BA has reached his or is close to it. 

The Hogs need a win so playing Austin vs UAB shouldn't be done so at a big risk.  It would be nice for the Hogs to have a multi score lead and good field position to see Austin get a series or two.  But it depends on how the game is going.

We won't know until we have qb competition which we don't have yet.

Austin has thrown 10 passes(9 vs Nicholls) and only completed 5.  That isn't enough to form an opinion especially on how the coaches are "training up" the qb's.  I do at least appreciate you put effort into your posts. 

HF#1

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 12:26:31 pm
truth, not narrative.

You have pegged your targets and you are beating them relentlessly with no regard for any other view points or opinions.  That not truth, it's an agenda.

Kevin

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 12:40:53 pm
You have pegged your targets and you are beating them relentlessly with no regard for any other view points or opinions.  That not truth, it's an agenda.

tell me where i am wrong

onebadrubi

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 12:53:25 pm
tell me where i am wrong

They did not play safe in the second half.  Mark richt did not put 2nd stringers in the four times we drove it on their side of hte field and play safe.  Just dumb statements. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2014, 12:54:55 pm
They did not play safe in the second half.  Mark richt did not put 2nd stringers in the four times we drove it on their side of hte field and play safe.  Just dumb statements. 

If the didn't blitz, Allen was still having to complete throws against 7 defensive backs from a Top 10 team. Not easy even with just pressure from the front 4.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 11:51:11 am
i understand, you are biased toward BA, and i am biased in my opinion that he cannot get it done. Right now, the facts are on my side. 

No, you have it completely wrong.

Some of us are defending BA, but none of us are saying that he is playing spectacularly.  Those of us defending him are aware of the fact that NO ONE ON THIS TEAM COULD BEAT HIM OUT FOR THE POSITION.

Right now, Bielema has determined that this is the comparative equation:

Brandon > Austin > Rafe

That means when you take out BA, you get WORSE at that position.

Yes, we need better QB play.  But we have no Ryan Mallett on campus right now.  This is 2014, not 2010.

onebadrubi

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 21, 2014, 01:13:17 pm

Some of us are defending BA, but none of us are saying that he is playing spectacularly.  Those of us defending him are aware of the fact that NO ONE ON THIS TEAM COULD BEAT HIM OUT FOR THE POSITION.

Brandon > Austin > Rafe

Yes, we need better QB play.  But we have no Ryan Mallett on campus right now.  This is 2014, not 2010.

His agenda driven narrow mindness portrays us as saying BA a Heisman candidate. 

DukeOfPork

Mark Richt on the 2nd Half: 

"I think we were playing as hard as we could play. They just executed better."

"Obviously, the first half was about as good as you could ever hope a first half to go. Very impressed with how we played. Second half I think we were still playing hard, but they played better than us for a good bit of that second half."

Apparently, Mark Richt wasn't intending to give up a bunch of points like Kevin and other Hogville experts think he was.

http://onlineathens.com/marc-weiszer/2014-10-18/uga-postgame-report-we-just-show-and-go-work

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 11:51:11 am
were they blitzing every play? were they up on the line bump are receivers?

i can watch the game and see the difference, i don't have to be in the huddle.

why do you think your opinion is right & mine is not? in fact, i probably have a better view of the game because i get to see replays. during those replays i get to hear a heisman trophy winner who played qb, show me & tell me what is happening on the play. while you are on top of the press box doing your job.

we are all not idiots who post on message boards. some of us, can actually watch what is going on, and think for ourselves, or listen to experts & understand what they are saying.

i understand, you are biased toward BA, and i am biased in my opinion that he cannot get it done. Right now, the facts are on my side. you cannot window dress it any other way.
Wess Moore was watching a replay of the game while we were doing the radio show today. He said that Georgia continued to blitz in the 3rd quarter. I wasn't watching the replay but I know for a fact that the Allen TD pass to Hunter Henry in the SE corner of the endzone came on a hard blitz from the left. There was nobody there but Henry. He was so wide open that Allen just looped the ball at him. It was like a mortar shot.

That's called adjusting.

You want to minimize what they did in the second half, go ahead but the facts are not on your side.

hogsanity

I wish that BB had redshirted every player he signed in 2013 and 2014.  Only problem with that is that would have made it impossible to even put a team on the field in 2013, that's how depleted the team was at some positions.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 21, 2014, 01:31:35 pm
What in your opinion were the deciding factors that led to a 38-6 deficit at halftime?
Tevin Mitchel's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Alex Collins' fumble at Arkansas' seven yard line. The sack, scoop and score on Brandon Allen.

Kevin

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 21, 2014, 01:13:17 pm

Brandon > Austin > Rafe

you are totally correct. and i do understand it.

to me, the program gets to a point where you have to move on.

losing is losing. when does getting playing experience become important, or does it.

Kevin

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 21, 2014, 01:21:40 pm
Mark Richt on the 2nd Half: 

"I think we were playing as hard as we could play. They just executed better."

"Obviously, the first half was about as good as you could ever hope a first half to go. Very impressed with how we played. Second half I think we were still playing hard, but they played better than us for a good bit of that second half."

Apparently, Mark Richt wasn't intending to give up a bunch of points like Kevin and other Hogville experts think he was.

http://onlineathens.com/marc-weiszer/2014-10-18/uga-postgame-report-we-just-show-and-go-work

what did you expect him to say?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 21, 2014, 01:36:47 pm
Tevin Mitchel's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Alex Collins' fumble at Arkansas' seven yard line. The sack, scoop and score on Brandon Allen.

Fair assessment of the 1st half debochery that I'm trying hard to forget.
This is my non-signature signature.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 21, 2014, 01:24:21 pm
Wess Moore was watching a replay of the game while we were doing the radio show today. He said that Georgia continued to blitz in the 3rd quarter. I wasn't watching the replay but I know for a fact that the Allen TD pass to Hunter Henry in the SE corner of the endzone came on a hard blitz from the left. There was nobody there but Henry. He was so wide open that Allen just looped the ball at him. It was like a mortar shot.

That's called adjusting.

You want to minimize what they did in the second half, go ahead but the facts are not on your side.

glad they made adjustments. i hope it leads to more of them in the future.

facts on my side:
4th quarter production vs lsu last year
4th quarter production vs tx a&m after the game got close
4th quarter production vs alabama, 4 possessions no points.

another topic, is ragnow still dinged up from concussion?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 01:39:21 pm

losing is losing. when does getting playing experience become important, or does it.

When does helping the rest of the team by putting them in the best position possible to develop and be successful become important?

By putting in Austin, you are putting in a qb less ready to play at this level.  That makes it harder on the offensive line, RBs, WR's and TE's. 

We will move on once we have real competition at the qb position and that isn't happening this season.  Why does this need to be repeated continuously?

Perhaps Bielema should have told Chaney to really simplify the offense and they should have gone out and found a JC qb to at least compete with BA.  Although, JC players want situations where they can start immediately.  If you want to make a big reach in this discussion, maybe head down this path. 

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 01:39:21 pm

I don't have a problem with giving Austin some snaps.  And I'm sure he will get some against UAB.  And when he comes in, I expect him to look like the guy who isn't ready to beat out Brandon for the position. 

But it's silly to suggest that we burn Rafe's redshirt just because a few message board dimwits don't understand football.  And that is the problem I have with this thread.

Everybody always assumes that we have Joe Montana on the bench.

Kevin

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2014, 01:45:05 pm
When does helping the rest of the team by putting them in the best position possible to develop and be successful become important?

By putting in Austin, you are putting in a qb less ready to play at this level.  That makes it harder on the offensive line, RBs, WR's and TE's. 

We will move on once we have real competition at the qb position and that isn't happening this season.  Why does this need to be repeated continuously?

Perhaps Bielema should have told Chaney to really simplify the offense and they should have gone out and found a JC qb to at least compete with BA.  Although, JC players want situations where they can start immediately.  If you want to make a big reach in this discussion, maybe head down this path. 

ok, you guys win. i will not be saying anything else about our qb.

hope, he can get it done sometime between now, and next december.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 21, 2014, 01:36:47 pm

No debate there. Bad mistakes hurt us. It wasn't really the play calling on offense. The O-line didn't protect Brandon, Collins didn't catch an easy pitch, and Tevin cost our defense a huge 3rd down stop (which we still haven't seen what he did).

onebadrubi

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 01:40:49 pm

Just admit you are wrong!  quit with the excuses.  Georgia did not call the dogs off pun intended. 

Giving up 31 points in a qtr is not going to lead to many wins. 

Kevin

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 21, 2014, 01:45:52 pm
I don't have a problem with giving Austin some snaps.  And I'm sure he will get some against UAB.  And when he comes in, I expect him to look like the guy who isn't ready to beat out Brandon for the position. 

But it's silly to suggest that we burn Rafe's redshirt just because a few message board dimwits don't understand football.  And that is the problem I have with this thread.

Everybody always assumes that we have Joe Montana on the bench.

never said to burn the redshirt on peavy.

i would have burned austin's last year, instead of playing derby.

reason, i just don't think austin, rafe, & ty are all going to stick around and wait their turn.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 01:40:49 pm

"what did you expect him to say?" = "well crap, looks like I was talking out of my derriere afterall."

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 21, 2014, 01:47:35 pm
No debate there. Bad mistakes hurt us. It wasn't really the play calling on offense. The O-line didn't protect Brandon, Collins didn't catch an easy pitch, and Tevin cost our defense a huge 3rd down stop (which we still haven't seen what he did).

Some of the WR routes were extremely slow developing plays in the 2nd quarter.  These I hated to be called because BA needed help with quick plays to counter act the blitz.  These long slow 20+ yard routes aided UGA in blitzing.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 01:49:10 pm
never said to burn the redshirt on peavy.

i would have burned austin's last year, instead of playing derby.

reason, i just don't think austin, rafe, & ty are all going to stick around and wait their turn.

I just don't know what you have seen in Austin that tells you he is better than BA.  I wish I did see it.

And no, none of those guys are obligated to wait their turn.  One of them needs to step up and freaking OWN the position in the Spring.  And I don't care which one.

But you know what?

After they all take a crack at it, I bet there is at least a 50% chance that BA still ends up being the best QB for the job next year.  We do not have a Peyton Manning on campus right now.  We have what we have.

Kevin

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 21, 2014, 01:56:14 pm
I just don't know what you have seen in Austin that tells you he is better than BA.  I wish I did see it.

And no, none of those guys are obligated to wait their turn.  One of them needs to step up and freaking OWN the position in the Spring.  And I don't care which one.

But you know what?

After they all take a crack at it, I bet there is at least a 50% chance that BA still ends up being the best QB for the job next year.  We do not have a Peyton Manning on campus right now.  We have what we have.

you can make that a 100%. he will be the starting qb

it is not what i have seen in aa, it is what i have seen in ba

Porkys Revenge

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 01:57:38 pm
you can make that a 100%. he will be the starting qb

it is not what i have seen in aa, it is what i have seen in ba

You are implying that BA is the quarterback due solely to favoritism?

Kevin

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 21, 2014, 02:10:11 pm
You are implying that BA is the quarterback due solely to favoritism?

no, i don't think favoritism has anything to do with it.

experience, i have looked at cbb qb's over the years, it looks like he will do everything not to play a young qb

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Kevin on October 21, 2014, 02:14:34 pm
no, i don't think favoritism has anything to do with it.

experience, i have looked at cbb qb's over the years, it looks like he will do everything not to play a young qb

If we had a supremely talented QB that was being blocked by that policy, I would be on board with you.  As always, I prefer to base my opinions on facts rather than speculation:

24/7 Sports High School Rankings for Quarterbacks:
Brandon Allen      #7 QB in 2011 class   Played in Arkansas 7A
Austin Allen        #18 QB in 2013 class   Played in Arkansas 7A
Rafe Peavey       #19 QB in 2014 class   Played in Missouri 4A

Now, where are you getting the idea that we have supremely talented backups that are being blocked by a coach who would rather lose than play a younger quarterback?

Where is your evidence that that the most talented QBs are not getting to play?  You seem adamant about this, so where are you getting that from?

(By the way, if one of those guys had beaten BA out for the job, I would be defending them from you as well.  I have no dog in this fight.)

http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Allen-7514?Institution=7003
http://247sports.com/Player/Austin-Allen-14696?Institution=7003
http://247sports.com/Player/Rafe-Peavey-20555?Institution=14360

Prestworthy

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 21, 2014, 01:56:14 pm

But you know what?

This team doesn't need a Payton Manning or a Ryan Mallett to win games. It just can't afford a bottom-4 SEC QB.