Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

it's comical

Started by lefty08, October 18, 2014, 10:04:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 01:56:43 pm
since you are a highly respected poster, whats your mood now....concerning changes?

PP

That I don't expect any.

Pulled(PP)pork

HF#1

Screw it, let's all just let go of the rope.  Can we just go back to being a basketball school?  That seems to be the only program that has ever satisfied this fanbase. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 02:01:27 pm
advocate?

PP

No. No reason to spend time advocating something that isn't going to happen.

Holding out hope we get to 6-6, but not expecting it. Will not bother me at all when the season is over.

Wants2Win

Quote from: HF#1 on October 19, 2014, 02:01:34 pm
Screw it, let's all just let go of the rope.  Can we just go back to being a basketball school?  That seems to be the only program that has ever satisfied this fanbase.
Basketball is fun but football matters.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 19, 2014, 02:02:44 pm
No. No reason to spend time advocating something that isn't going to happen.

Holding out hope we get to 6-6, but not expecting it. Will not bother me at all when the season is over.
agreed, the fans aren't going to change a think within the hierarchy of the staff.

PP

lefty08

Can't say for certain I'm a Cheney guy just yet. Not saying he's not the answer though. What in so know is Arkansas is 3rd in the SEC in TDs per play
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

johnny cash

Quote from: pigstuff on October 19, 2014, 11:37:40 am
Freeze has been at Ole Miss three years.  First two decent(compared to this mess) this year  best year since 1962.
what about Gus? Took team with 0 sec wins yr before to A NC game.

hogcard1964

Quote from: johnny cash on October 19, 2014, 02:19:54 pm
what about Gus? Took team with 0 sec wins yr before to A NC game.

Doesn't count for some strange reason.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Breems on October 18, 2014, 10:09:55 pm
It's been 16 now.

I find that comical.

You have zero credibility. You, the guy giving CMA a lifetime pass, callin out CBB.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

dhornjr1

Quote from: jcharkansas on October 18, 2014, 11:55:01 pm
Good coaches will adapt to the talent they have until they acquire the type of talent they need

You mean a good coach can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n?

I've heard that somewhere before.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 19, 2014, 11:47:30 am
And he had the best recuiting in their (or ours) history with those guys 2 years ago and now is reaping the rewards.  Kudos to them. 
Mullen has been mediocre every year until now. He has a jr and sr laden team with a great talent at QB.  and they play power football.   
Would you rather get beat like UK 41-3 or UF against Mizzou?  What do you think gator fans are saying right now?  I will take our team over their's any day.  I still think we are a decent team  and will be better next year and so forth.  We got our hopes up a little high with the close game vs Bama.  Now don't get too low because of the poor performance yesterday.  Balance those emotions. 

I would say Dan Mullen probably took over a worse situation than us as far as being a losing program.   Mississippi State had 1 winning season in 8 years before he took over.  His first season he went 5-7 and still won 2 sec games.  He then followed that year up by getting them into a bowl game and going 9-4 and 4-4 in sec play.  The next year he was 7-6 with another bowl win and was
2-6 in sec that year.  4th year he was 7-6 again with a 4-4 sec record and loss his first bowl game.  5th year he was 8-5 and 3-5 in sec play.  With another bowl win.  This year he is currently 6-0 and 3-0 in conference. 

If our program doesn't turn around and we become a team that has 1 winning season in 8 years we will be very pleased to get someone in here that can get us to a bowl game every year and even win most of them.  Heck. Most of us fans would be happy with a 6-6 season this year which is still very possible, but it requires 2 sec wins and we haven't seen a win in the sec since 2012. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HF#1 on October 19, 2014, 02:01:34 pm
"Hogs will not win against both No. Ill and Ga and may very well lose both."

Told you.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

lefty08

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 19, 2014, 03:52:38 pm
"Hogs will not win against both No. Ill and Ga and may very well lose both."

Told you.

This man is a prophet!!!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Danny J

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 19, 2014, 01:53:59 pm
My mood is no longer swinging.

I'm pretty much pissed off 24/7.

I'm considering driving half the night next Friday night for the UAB game because I expect that'll be the last home game we win this year, and I'm tired of having my weekends ruined by losses.
This is exactly what has happened to me. I was really optimistic going into the UGA but totally kicked in the nuts by our lack of focus and preparation.

So much so that it is ruining the rest of the evening as far as watching college football. I went ahead last night and watched the ND/FSU game because I was still really pissed about our performance. So I started pulling for ND to beat FSU then when they lost the way they did on that penalty it felt like I was kicked in the nuts again.

I can't speak for others but this current losing streak is making watching college football hard to do. It makes me envious of other teams.

moses_007

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 02:19:35 am
Here is another Coach Bielima stat.  0-6 in tight games lead in the 4th qtr and no conference wins.....none.   That is not a negative slant. That is the truth.   Anyone on here that bashed HDN....never thought it could be this bad....ever!!!!
Hundreds, if not thousands, of Hogvillians hated Houston Nutt and wanted him gone in the worst way.  I was one of them.  But in retrospect, the Dork actually did do some good things here, and his rah-rah ways actually got the team ready to beat some folks they weren't supposed to beat.  Maybe Nutt needs to give our current boys a big pep talk before the next conference game.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HF#1 on October 19, 2014, 08:43:01 pm
We beat Northern Illinois moron
oh, now I get it. You do not understand how to read. Okay. Never mind.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.