Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

it's comical

Started by lefty08, October 18, 2014, 10:04:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

How high we get when we play well and how.down in the dumps we get when we don't. Its one game. Its football. We want to compete at the highest level, well that's the way it's gonna be. Deal with it or root for a sunbelt team. We are never gonna dominate this conference. And I'm fine with that, it's the good times that make these times worth it.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Breems

Quote from: lefty08 on October 18, 2014, 10:04:04 pm
Its one game.

It's been 16 now.

Quote from: lefty08 on October 18, 2014, 10:04:04 pmWe are never gonna dominate this conference. And I'm fine with that

I find that comical.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

arkansasrazorback

How high we get when we play well and how.down in the dumps we get when we don't. Its one game. Its football. We want to compete at the highest level, well that's the way it's gonna be. Deal with it or root for a sunbelt team. We are never gonna dominate this conference. And I'm fine with that, it's the good times that make these times worth it.
0-16.  We should be down at this point.  It is going to take about 2 or 3 more years of rebuilding if we give the time.  Got to have stability and depth.

lefty08

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on October 18, 2014, 10:10:33 pm
0-16.  We should be down at this point.  It is going to take about 2 or 3 more years of rebuilding if we give the time.  Got to have stability and depth.

Before today the majority thought we were gonna beat the 10th ranked team in the nation. That's what I'm referring to, now we will never win another game. Take a deep breath and realize where we are. This losing streak started before BB was even our coach
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: lefty08 on October 18, 2014, 10:15:03 pm
Before today the majority thought we were gonna beat the 10th ranked team in the nation. That's what I'm referring to, now we will never win another game. Take a deep breath and realize where we are. This losing streak started before BB was even our coach
hey i agree with you.  But I understand why people are down.  Got to have stability and depth.  Only cure.

lefty08

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on October 18, 2014, 10:16:27 pm
hey i agree with you.  But I understand why people are down.  Got to have stability and depth.  Only cure.

I know you do, I just think the mood swings are hilarious. Can't make lemonade with Apple's. This team has talent for sure, but it's not the type of talent these coaches need to fit their style. I believe it's gonna work out just fine

Bubba's Bruisers

And you don't think they will flip right back by the Friday after next and be predicting a win over MSU? They absolutely will. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Breems

Quote from: lefty08 on October 18, 2014, 10:19:03 pm
This team has talent for sure, but it's not the type of talent these coaches need to fit their style. I believe it's gonna work out just fine

What type of talent fits Bielema's style more than an NFL+ offensive line and 2 stud running backs?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

lefty08

Quote from: Breems on October 18, 2014, 10:22:35 pm
What type of talent fits Bielema's style more than an NFL+ offensive line and 2 stud running backs?

That wasn't an nfl line I saw today, and our rbs refuse to take off the field seriously. Hats off to jwill but Collins isn't an elite rb this year, he just isnt. Lots of talent issues on this team, and yet we have played well in every game this year minus 1

jcharkansas

Quote from: lefty08 on October 18, 2014, 10:19:03 pm
I know you do, I just think the mood swings are hilarious. Can't make lemonade with Apple's. This team has talent for sure, but it's not the type of talent these coaches need to fit their style. I believe it's gonna work out just fine
Good coaches will adapt to the talent they have until they acquire the type of talent they need

DoubleReedHawgCaller

If ole miss and miss st can dominate this conference only if it is for one season there's no reason why we couldn't also.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PorkerOinker

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 18, 2014, 11:58:00 pm
If ole miss and miss st can dominate this conference only if it is for one season there's no reason why we couldn't also.

Yeah and they are both in their 5th and 6th years of their coaches tenure, CBB is in year 2!!
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

spiritof92

Maybe we "picked" a good time to be down.  dunno

code red

0-12......where are the highlights......Tech????  Oh wait!!!  They are in the Big 12.......the bad dream continues!!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Here is another Coach Bielima stat.  0-6 in tight games lead in the 4th qtr and no conference wins.....none.   That is not a negative slant. That is the truth.   Anyone on here that bashed HDN....never thought it could be this bad....ever!!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jkstock04

What's comical to me is the company line that got pushed on here all week long how we would easily roll over Georgia because they were a finesse east team that hadn't yet played a physical team like the Hogs.

That was a beatdown....final score didn't indicate how bad it really was.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

lefty08

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 19, 2014, 04:40:10 am
What's comical to me is the company line that got pushed on here all week long how we would easily roll over Georgia because they were a finesse east team that hadn't yet played a physical team like the Hogs.

That was a beatdown....final score didn't indicate how bad it really was.

You win Mr stock, you're different. You go against the majority and you're right this game. Congrats

b-ball coach

People who are thinking if State and the Rebs can win and have success, why can't we? Look at their offenses. Both run a version of spread HUNH with a focus on gaining advantages by spreading people out and creating mismatches at the point of attack. Not difficult to figure that out-and both have great defenses this year as well. They didn't rise overnight either. I do not believe the tight ends and bunch formations will work in the SEC, but I'm not going to give up this quickly. Give him one more year and then make a logical decision based on facts- not emotion.

poloprince

It has been more than one game that is for sure.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: code red on October 19, 2014, 02:19:35 am
Here is another Coach Bielima stat.  0-6 in tight games lead in the 4th qtr and no conference wins.....none.   That is not a negative slant. That is the truth.   Anyone on here that bashed HDN....never thought it could be this bad....ever!!!!
ahhh, you have exposed yourself....nutthugger

PP

Actually Mullen has been at MSU several years but Freeze I believe is in his 3rd year at OM.  I believe there is something to be said about the style of offense and defense you choose to play.  Simply said, we cannot out BAMA, BAMA.  As for GA, I too, thought we might have a chance there because that team seems to have ups and downs but they had one of their up games against us.

The sum up here is we aren't a real good team and we play in a league where most teams are great teams.  Admit it does hurt when the OMs, MSUs, and Kys are running past us and all we can do is wave.  We can still look down on Vandy, I think.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Breems on October 18, 2014, 10:22:35 pm
Good question.

hogcard1964

There's no more excuses for this.  This is the worst era for Razorback football and we're in the midst of a losing streak that is unacceptable.

If he can't salvage a bowl game this year, he and the entire staff needs to go.  They're getting nowhere.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 19, 2014, 08:05:49 am
There's no more excuses for this.  This is the worst era for Razorback football and we're in the midst of a losing streak that is unacceptable.

If he can't salvage a bowl game this year, he and the entire staff needs to go.  They're getting nowhere.
yeah, lets start over and push any continuity back another 5yrs

PP

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 08:06:52 am
yeah, lets start over and push any continuity back another 5yrs

PP

You have nothing.  So there's nothing to lose.  He's accomplished zilch.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 19, 2014, 08:08:55 am
nope....nada....nyet

PP

Pig In The City

Yes I agree. I think everyone put the cart before the horse on this season. Fans saw a ray of sunshine and latched their hopes to improvement. But that is what fans do. That won't change. We will all see more to it until reality sets us straight. Reality should have set in by now. We are beating ourselves mentally most games but this was just an ass whipping!

HognotinMemphis

Play well? Are you talking about moral victories or are you talking about wins over No Ill? Because we haven't played well in 3 seasons and have no good wins in that span.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogwild

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 19, 2014, 08:05:49 am

The Jeff Long Era, 19-33 in conference play

Disagree can't start over now, CBB should get a 3rd year to reach a bowl.  No matter what Long shouldn't be allow to hire his 4th FB Head Coach in 7/8 years.

hogcard1964

No, can't agree. And after he fails again next year, we'll hear "no, can't fire him yet, he needs one more year..."  yada, yada, yada....

He has to win three or four more games this year.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: PorkerOinker on October 19, 2014, 02:10:40 am
Yeah and they are both in their 5th and 6th years of their coaches tenure, CBB is in year 2!!

Ole miss is 3rd year.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LJHOG

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on October 18, 2014, 10:10:33 pm
We "given it" 25 years.  We don't have, never had and may never have SEC level talent in enough quantity to compete in the SEC.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: LJHOG on October 19, 2014, 10:23:44 am
We "given it" 25 years.  We don't have, never had and may never have SEC level talent in enough quantity to compete in the SEC.
lets move to the Mountain West!!!!

PP

CareBear

What is comical is that Wally Hall is the only media member to even stick a toe in the water of legitimate criticism of this staff at a time when some very bad signs have been presented to us. Brown-nose Bo &  Clay"Company Line" Henry like to gang up on folks who have called his fake radio show with real concerns. They talk over people then laugh and giggle like school girls as they spew the latest excuse for CBB, Chaney, & 'Ol BA! Maybe if I learn "Hoganese" I would understand  8) :razorback: ::hornsdown::

Redhogs

No lefty....it's called losing.....and by the way, yesterday we did not compete.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: lefty08 on October 18, 2014, 10:28:09 pm
That wasn't an nfl line I saw today, and our rbs refuse to take off the field seriously. Hats off to jwill but Collins isn't an elite rb this year, he just isnt. Lots of talent issues on this team, and yet we have played well in every game this year minus 1
But...but these are CBB guys...all will be well once he gets his guys....or so we have been told for almost 2 years now.

pigstuff

Quote from: PorkerOinker on October 19, 2014, 02:10:40 am

Freeze has been at Ole Miss three years.  First two decent(compared to this mess) this year  best year since 1962.

Redhogs

Quote from: CareBear on October 19, 2014, 10:39:56 am
What is comical is that Wally Hall is the only media member to even stick a toe in the water of legitimate criticism of this staff at a time when some very bad signs have been presented to us. Brown-nose Bo &  Clay"Company Line" Henry like to gang up on folks who have called his fake radio show with real concerns. They talk over people then laugh and giggle like school girls as they spew the latest excuse for CBB, Chaney, & 'Ol BA! Maybe if I learn "Hoganese" I would understand  8) :razorback: ::hornsdown::
Bingo...+1000. Everything counts except winning with these clowns.

hawgfan4life

All you spread people tout the company line that you spread the field and create mismatches, etc.  A&M got drilled by Bama yesterday.  Didnt create one mismatch the entire game.  Spread teams lose games just as much as non spread teams.  Generally, the teams with best athletes win.  Coaching, technique, discipline, etc are variables that allow lesser athletic teams to win games regardless of formations.  Navy, AirForce, Ga Tech and others are successful against superior talent doing this not using spread.  Talk to defensive coaches who have coordinated defenses for a while and you will learn that most hate defending 2 TE formations and unbalanced when teams are good at running than any other.

ChicoHog

Quote from: pigstuff on October 19, 2014, 11:37:40 am
Freeze has been at Ole Miss three years.  First two decent(compared to this mess) this year  best year since 1962.
And he had the best recuiting in their (or ours) history with those guys 2 years ago and now is reaping the rewards.  Kudos to them. 
Mullen has been mediocre every year until now. He has a jr and sr laden team with a great talent at QB.  and they play power football.   
Would you rather get beat like UK 41-3 or UF against Mizzou?  What do you think gator fans are saying right now?  I will take our team over their's any day.  I still think we are a decent team  and will be better next year and so forth.  We got our hopes up a little high with the close game vs Bama.  Now don't get too low because of the poor performance yesterday.  Balance those emotions. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 07:37:42 am
ahhh, you have exposed yourself....nutthugger

PP

Awe man..! It is the ahogolipse when Nutthuggers start complaining..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: lefty08 on October 19, 2014, 12:24:04 pm
Mullen is in his 6th year and has 27 starters. Ole miss has had 2 top 10 recruiting classes and is loaded with young talent. Every situation is different
You mean every other situation is better...than the Hogs' situation. Always the way.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

wildhogman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 19, 2014, 08:08:55 am
That was the line of thinking when they canned ford and we got a nutt instead. I just hope when this ends we don't can another good coach who has been to BCS bowls for another Nuttish coach talking about 7th or 8th in potential

Oklahawg

Too bad that a good OP is lost in the chatter.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

EastexHawg

Quote from: lefty08 on October 19, 2014, 12:24:04 pm
Mullen is in his 6th year and has 27 starters.

No wonder he is winning.  Everyone else is playing with 11+11=22.

lefty08

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 19, 2014, 01:43:05 pm
Too bad that a good OP is lost in the chatter.
isn't that the way? I wonder how some of these guys get their shoes tied in the morning

lefty08

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 19, 2014, 01:45:21 pm
No wonder he is winning.  Everyone else is playing with 11+11=22.
haha. Thanks for the catch. That's 27 seniors

hehawg

You must be easily amused
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

WilsonHog

October 19, 2014, 01:53:59 pm #48 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:04:34 pm by WilsonHog
My mood is no longer swinging.

I'm pretty much pissed off 24/7.

I'm considering driving half the night next Friday night for the UAB game because I expect that'll be the last home game we win this year, and I'm tired of having my weekends ruined by losses.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 19, 2014, 01:53:59 pm
My mood is no longer swinging.

I'm pretty much pissed off 24/7.

I'm considering driving half the night next Friday night for the UAB game because I expect that'll be the last home game we win this year, and I'm tired to having my weekends ruined by losses.
since you are a highly respected poster, whats your mood now....concerning changes?

PP