Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Different perspective on Brandon Allen.....

Started by hogz11, October 18, 2014, 09:51:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 18, 2014, 11:53:51 pm
TJack had every opportunity to win the job here.  He did not perform.  Nutt desperately wanted him to take the job and move Matt to receiver, but Nuke was horrible here.

Something about wearing a Razorback jersey makes you a horrible QB.

I stand by my assertion that BA is better than TJack was here.

I mean... He didn't play here. So technically you're correct.

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: sickboy on October 18, 2014, 11:55:11 pm
I stood next to him on the sideline when he was a freshman and watched him throw 30 yard darts. I've never stood next to someone with that kind of arm before. It was a canon.

Yeah, I don't know what happened at Arkansas, but I met him at montgomery and he was a very level headed guy. He also was a very good QB at Alabama State. All I know is he is still a back up in the NFL and at times played some meaningful snaps. To stay in the league as long as he has is not an easy feat.

kchogfan14

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 18, 2014, 11:53:51 pm
TJack had every opportunity to win the job here.  He did not perform.  Nutt desperately wanted him to take the job and move Matt to receiver, but Nuke was horrible here.

Something about wearing a Razorback jersey makes you a horrible QB.

I stand by my assertion that BA is better than TJack was here.

"Something about wearing a Razorback jersey makes you a horrible QB"?

You are a special kind of stupid aren't you?

We have had many great QB's at Arkansas. Unfortunately, BA is making you look like a genius!

You really need to get a grip on reality.

ChicoHog

Quote from: sickboy on October 18, 2014, 11:55:11 pm
I stood next to him on the sideline when he was a freshman and watched him throw 30 yard darts. I've never stood next to someone with that kind of arm before. It was a canon.
yes he had a great arm but not very accurate.  That's why he did not last long in the league. JaMarcus Russell had a million arm also. 

Allen is better than Vandy, LSU, and maybe UF has right now.  I think he may be as good as blake Sims except for the escapability factor which is huge of course. 

Kenny Hill looked like a Jr high QB today vs bama.  allen played much better than Hill did against them.  it's a team game.  Hard part for Allen is making a play out of nothing which many of the more athletic guys can do.  Like everett golson, Marcus Mariota, etc. 

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 19, 2014, 12:29:33 am
yes he had a great arm but not very accurate.  That's why he did not last long in the league. JaMarcus Russell had a million arm also. 

Allen is better than Vandy, LSU, and maybe UF has right now.  I think he may be as good as blake Sims except for the escapability factor which is huge of course. 

Kenny Hill looked like a Jr high QB today vs bama.  allen played much better than Hill did against them.  it's a team game.  Hard part for Allen is making a play out of nothing which many of the more athletic guys can do.  Like everett golson, Marcus Mariota, etc. 

No

The difference between Allen and the guys you named is that they all have the ability to do what is needed to get a win.

Allen only has the ability to do enough to make you think that one day we will win.  That day isn't coming for Allen.  D Coordinators have him figured out.