Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Different perspective on Brandon Allen.....

Started by hogz11, October 18, 2014, 09:51:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

Okay. I will not bash him anymore. I'm going to trust the coaches that he is the best QB we have at this point. But when is it time to move on in spite of that? Brandon Allen has never won a SEC game as a starter and we can all clearly see the mistakes he makes when the pressure is on.

The biggest issue is I don't see him improving beyond what we are seeing on the field now. I don't see anything from him during game time that says he will improve decision making, going through reads, acting like a leader, not being so fragile physically and mentally, etc. I'd like to hear someone give the other side of the argument on that.

Put it like this. I've been in law enforcement for years. I see guys come in all the time with a good attitude, hard worker, and all the "want to" when it comes to doing the job, But for some reason when they actually have to get into a situation, they panic, make bad decisions, and no amount of working with them seems to help them improve. For whatever reason, regardless of them being a nice guy with a good attitude, etc. they just don't cut it when it comes to doing the job.

Am I comparing law enforcement to football in general? Absolutely not. I'm simply trying to draw a comparison that as much as someone means well, their production or lack there of is what really matters.

All that being said, when is it time to move on with a different QB whether it's Austin, Rafe, or whoever? Are those guys better now? Probably not. But when is it in the best interest of the team & program to move on with someone else? Austin and Rafe may not be ready right this minute. But if the Hogs ride Brandon Allen to another winless SEC season, then what has been accomplished? Another QB getting playing time now could be invaluable for the future which is clearly where everyone is looking to.

I am convinced CBB and this staff are right for the UA football program. We see the improvement and better recruiting classes coming in. But if the future is where the true success lies for this program, I don't want to see a "now" QB being held on to when he just can't seem to get it done.

Poker_hog

I thought before the season started it would be in the best interest of the program to take our lumps with Rafe this year knowing his ceiling is much higher than BA. 

I expect ba to lead us to a 7-8 win season next year then in 2016 we'll be breaking in a new qb. Would have much rather thrown this season away for an upgrade in qb play the next 3 years.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

arkansasrazorback

I didn't read what you posted.  My take on Brandon is he doesn't throw to wide open receivers, throws into double coverage a lot, and is inaccurate quite often.  Below average SEC QB. 

lefty08

Quote from: hogz11 on October 18, 2014, 09:51:36 pm
Okay. I will not bash him anymore. I'm going to trust the coaches that he is the best QB we have at this point. But when is it time to move on in spite of that? Brandon Allen has never won a SEC game as a starter and we can all clearly see the mistakes he makes when the pressure is on.

The biggest issue is I don't see him improving beyond what we are seeing on the field now. I don't see anything from him during game time that says he will improve decision making, going through reads, acting like a leader, not being so fragile physically and mentally, etc. I'd like to hear someone give the other side of the argument on that.

Put it like this. I've been in law enforcement for years. I see guys come in all the time with a good attitude, hard worker, and all the "want to" when it comes to doing the job, But for some reason when they actually have to get into a situation, they panic, make bad decisions, and no amount of working with them seems to help them improve. For whatever reason, regardless of them being a nice guy with a good attitude, etc. they just don't cut it when it comes to doing the job.

Am I comparing law enforcement to football in general? Absolutely not. I'm simply trying to draw a comparison that as much as someone means well, their production or lack there of is what really matters.

All that being said, when is it time to move on with a different QB whether it's Austin, Rafe, or whoever? Are those guys better now? Probably not. But when is it in the best interest of the team & program to move on with someone else? Austin and Rafe may not be ready right this minute. But if the Hogs ride Brandon Allen to another winless SEC season, then what has been accomplished? Another QB getting playing time now could be invaluable for the future which is clearly where everyone is looking to.

I am convinced CBB and this staff are right for the UA football program. We see the improvement and better recruiting classes coming in. But if the future is where the true success lies for this program, I don't want to see a "now" QB being held on to when he just can't seem to get it done.

He actually looked pretty good when he had more than 1 we and we weren't in a bunch formation
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

seasonhog

Quote from: hogz11 on October 18, 2014, 09:51:36 pm

I am going to defend BA ..I think ba is a decent qb.....the problem is the head coach philosophy.
BB style is run the ball down the throat of the team he is playing . when the opponent stop the run he has to do something he not comfortable doing.

This team has not develop a passing game......bb does not put enough effort in the passing attack.

I think ba would do pretty going....you can seen the lack of focus today  by watching the pass protection.

kchogfan14

Ok. I'll say it.

I never thought BA was the 2nd coming, but I thought he was a decent QB who could manage the game.

I apologize. He is NOT a decent QB in the SEC. He locks onto his receivers and then has a tendency to overthrow said receivers and then says "my bad". It sure as hell is "his bad".

He is the worst QB I have ever seen at Arkansas. He is, at best, a decent High School QB.

Please bench him and his brother and play Rafe Peavy with the hope that at least next year, we can have a decent QB.

I am sure the Allen's are great kids. They are just NOT good QB's.

lefty08

Quote from: kchogfan14 on October 18, 2014, 10:20:22 pm
Ok. I'll say it.

I never thought BA was the 2nd coming, but I thought he was a decent QB who could manage the game.

I apologize. He is NOT a decent QB in the SEC. He locks onto his receivers and then has a tendency to overthrow said receivers and then says "my bad". It sure as hell is "his bad".

He is the worst QB I have ever seen at Arkansas. He is, at best, a decent High School QB.

Please bench him and his brother and play Rafe Peavy with the hope that at least next year, we can have a decent QB.

I actually laughed out loud reading this. Just bench him AND his brother? For being related to him?  Hilarious. Anybody that thinks things would be better with a true freshman is still on a tailgate binge
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The Boar War

Brandon is a lot like a pass intentionally thrown out of bounds.  It may be the best option at the time but you aren't going to win games with it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Ok. I'll say it.

Hard to argue that he's SEC caliber I agree.  But worst you've ever seen at UA?  That's impressive.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dropkick

He looked like his shoulder was hurt again leaving the field after the ill advised 2 point try. We never got the ball back so I am not sure if he is injured or not. Anybody else notice his right arm hanging down as he left the field?

Never mind, just saw the thread regarding this.....

ronmahony

Yeah I have really tried with BA, saw some pretty nice plays from him earlier, but when the pressure is on in the big games, I just don't think he can hack it. I really thought he got hurt there toward the end if the second quarter. I was expecting to see a new quarterback to start the second half. Kind of hoping to, just to see what else we had. They must gVe given him some smelling salts or a butt chewing because he did look better, butt man I just don't know. Kind of sucks having two great qb's in a row then come to this. Feel the same way about kicking. What is our punters average, 35 yards?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

carolinahogger

Ok. I'll say it.

Emotional much? 

You realize that he and his brother are two different players, right?  What exactly has AA done to prove his inability to play?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Boar War on October 18, 2014, 10:25:04 pm
Brandon is a lot like a pass intentionally thrown out of bounds.  It may be the best option at the time but you aren't going to win games with it.

OK, that's pretty good.  I think he's better than a pass out of bounds, but not enough to make much of a difference. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

arlhog

Please don't take this as bashing Allen because he is probably a great kid and I am sure he is doing everything he can to win a game.  Buttt, I don't think he is good enough to make a good defense defend the entire field.   You press us and we can't beat you deep.   You don't see anyone dropping back into a deep zone on us because they don't have to.   They say if you can beat us deep then do it.   We can't do it.   Until we do beat someone deep we will keep getting pressed.   

kchogfan14

Quote from: lefty08 on October 18, 2014, 10:22:43 pm
I actually laughed out loud reading this. Just bench him AND his brother? For being related to him?  Hilarious. Anybody that thinks things would be better with a true freshman is still on a tailgate binge

I am glad that you got a laugh at my expense.

Name me some QB's who were worse than BA.

I have watched the HOGS since Joe Ferguson days.

I can't think of anyone worse than Brandon Allen. He is horrible. Cannot stop from overthrowing wide open receivers. He stares down his primary targets and does NOT make progressions. Hell, he has trouble taking direct snaps from the center. He doesn't know how to make a pitch on a toss sweep. The kid is a fine young man I am certain. But he is NOT an SEC QB and never will be.

LSPRazorbac

He is not a winner!  Period!

When the game is close he tightens up and he cannot make the plays.  He is not a leader and the offense does not have anyone to hold it together when its crunch time.

When the game is tight, SEC defensive coordinators know they can sell out on the run and blitz and Allen cannot beat them. 

Get ready....teams had been waiting until the 2nd half to sell out against the run and blitz heavy.  Georgia waited one possession.

I expect every SEC defense to follow suit going forward.

kchogfan14

Quote from: carolinahogger on October 18, 2014, 10:26:40 pm

Emotional much? 

You realize that he and his brother are two different players, right?  What exactly has AA done to prove his inability to play?

He cannot beat out the worst QB in the U of A history.

WashUhog6

It seems to me that a lot of our failed passing plays come from reading only one side of the field. Numerous times in the first half our failed passing attempts would involve routes where Brandon only read one side of the field outside the hash marks. I don't necessarily think that he is "staring down his receivers" (which is the popular criticism here) as much it is that we run a fair share of simple combination routes which involve quick reads versus going through full progressions that you see in a true "pro-style" offense.

Another of Brandon's faults is that he is often times late on his throws--a flaw he shares with Tyler Wilson. Poor pass blocking and pocket presence only compounds these issues.

I think that Brandon Allen has a good arm and has the ability to make some nice plays, but that he suffers from inconsistency, late throws, and a number of factors outside of his control.

arlhog

Quote from: kchogfan14 on October 18, 2014, 10:34:08 pm
He cannot beat out the worst QB in the U of A history.
Anybody could beat out Casey Dick

Großer Kriegschwein

Similar to the OP.

I liken it to some leaders I've known in the military. Can plan very well, talk and take care of their formations, conduct and execute perfect rehearsals and exercises. But when they actually do go out at JMRC, JRTC or NTC in strange terrain, against an unpredictable enemy they are unsuccessful. Unfortunately most of the time they just can't process all the information from all the variables they know and deploy their formation properly to negotiate a group of opponents with bad intentions and their own ability to solve problems.

The ability to process what you are AND AREN'T seeing is critical to the problem solving process.

FWIW
This is my non-signature signature.

HatfieldHog

Brandon's right arm has hanging as he came off the field after that last drive. 

BA isn't very good, but sadly, he's the best we have right now. 

If BA is able to play, we'll be competitive, but end up 4-8.  If we try a new QB, we will get slaughtered and still end up 4-8! 

Sad thing is, we end up 4-8 either way!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

kchogfan14

I am sorry. But BA truly is horrible. He does NOT make his progression reads. He Locks on to a receiver and then over throws him. He has a hard time taking the snap from the center. He cannot make the pitch on a toss sweep and he holds onto the ball too long.

While he comes from great family, he just isn't a decent SEC QB. I am sorry if you disagree, but he really isn't a good QB in the SEC. He makes too many mistakes.

We MIGHT get a win versus LSU or Missouri, but it will be luck if we do. Not talent. BA just doesn't have the talent.

seasonhog

Quote from: WashUhog6 on October 18, 2014, 10:34:30 pm
It seems to me that a lot of our failed passing plays come from reading only one side of the field. Numerous times in the first half our failed passing attempts would involve routes where Brandon only read one side of the field outside the hash marks. I don't necessarily think that he is "staring down his receivers" (which is the popular criticism here) as much it is that we run a fair share of simple combination routes which involve quick reads versus going through full progressions that you see in a true "pro-style" offense.

Another of Brandon's faults is that he is often times late on his throws--a flaw he shares with Tyler Wilson. Poor pass blocking and pocket presence only compounds these issues.

I think that Brandon Allen has a good arm and has the ability to make some nice plays, but that he suffers from inconsistency, late throws, and a number of factors outside of his control.

Lack of practice......

kchogfan14

onebadrubi

I was at the game today and made it a point to watch the routes of receivers.  Our route tree is atrocious at certain times. 

-Brandon does lock on receivers at certain times. 

-BA is learning some certain checks at the lines, which all today that I was able to catch on were capitalized on. 

-BA can not make some of the throws he was asked of today.  (Deep fades where the ball needs to fall out of the sky, 20-25 yards).  He was flat today on 2-3 of these. 

-routes over the middle were not called till too late in the game.  Brandon is good on these but his timing is off. 

I still believe Chaney is not calling plays to make life simpler on BA.  We are not running routes the out scheme a D and clear out a defense.  We are seeing Cornelia and Edwards make very nice plays but dissapear within the game at times.  BA deserved some criticism but not a bashing. I'm still on the side of very questionable play calling

Danny J

Quote from: theenemy on October 18, 2014, 10:34:01 pm

When the game is close he tightens up and he cannot make the plays. 

When the game is tight, SEC defensive coordinators know they can sell out on the run and blitz and Allen cannot beat them. 

Get ready....teams had been waiting until the 2nd half to sell out against the run and blitz heavy.  Georgia waited one possession.

I expect every SEC defense to follow suit going forward.
I agree in regards to the SEC DC's going forward no doubt. The biggest thing I saw tonight was his inability to read the defense at the LOS. I saw many times their DB's creeping towards the LOS and instead of checking out of a play or finding the hot receiver he just went with what was called. I don't know if he is coached to do that but I certainly hope not. What we need to do instead of that huddle and fast break to the LOS for a quick snap is to line up like we are going to run the play...force the defense to show their hand...then either keep or change the play. Just little things like that will make a difference. We do that on occasion but not nearly often enough especially when playing a team that has clearly shown they are playing overly aggressive on defense.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 18, 2014, 10:09:46 pm
I thought before the season started it would be in the best interest of the program to take our lumps with Rafe this year knowing his ceiling is much higher than BA. 

Why on earth do you think that?  BA was every bit as highly rated in high school as Rafe.  And I assure you, Rafe played against a lower level of competition in Missouri Class 4A.

kchogfan14

Please don't get me started on the play calling on offense. We abandon the run at the first sign of trouble and start passing.

3rd and 3 and we line up to pass. We call a time out and come out and instead of running we pass(in obvious passing formation) and fail to convert. We have one of the best running offenses in the nation and we DON'T RUN for 3 freaking yards?

Chaney is inept. Chaney is a freaking idiot. Chaney is a stupid sonofabitch and I say so. He is NOT worth keeping at his exorbitant salary! My WIFE saw it before we ran the play and said "Why are we gonna pass"? I said I have no idea why when we have a 330 lb offensive line and 2 of the best RB's in the SEC.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: kchogfan14 on October 18, 2014, 10:32:04 pm
I am glad that you got a laugh at my expense.

I have watched the HOGS since Joe Ferguson days.

I can't think of anyone worse than Brandon Allen. He is horrible. Cannot stop from overthrowing wide open receivers. He stares down his primary targets and does NOT make progressions. Hell, he has trouble taking direct snaps from the center. He doesn't know how to make a pitch on a toss sweep. The kid is a fine young man I am certain. But he is NOT an SEC QB and never will be.
Gary "Peanut" Adams was QB during that period of time.  He's gotta be the worst.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

DukeOfPork

Hilarious.  Apparently, you haven't watched much Razorback football.

kchogfan14

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 18, 2014, 11:07:15 pm
Why on earth do you think that?  BA was every bit as highly rated in high school as Rafe.  And I assure you, Rafe played against a lower level of competition in Missouri Class 4A.

Why think that?

Because Brandon Allen, while a great kid, is an awful QB. I would rather lose with some freshman than a junior who is NEVER going to make the grade!

BassinHawg

BA is like Seven Up, Never had it, Never will!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

kchogfan14

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 18, 2014, 11:08:59 pm
Hilarious.  Apparently, you haven't watched much Razorback football.

Only since 1968, You ignorant ass.

Hogfan1660

DukeOfPork

Quote from: kchogfan14 on October 18, 2014, 10:32:04 pm

Ryan Sorahan
Zak Clark
Pete Burks
Peanut Adams
Jason Allen
Casey Dick (first 3 years)
Dowell Loggains
Robbie Hampton
Tarvaris Jackson
AJ Derby

Those are just off the top of my head.

DukeOfPork

DukeOfPork

Quote from: kchogfan14 on October 18, 2014, 11:07:41 pm
Chaney is a stupid sonofabitch

You do realize this board bans people for language like that.

It's not fair that you get to say that because I want to call you that, but am restraining myself in the interest of abiding by the HV rules.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 18, 2014, 10:56:32 pm

-routes over the middle were not called till too late in the game.  Brandon is good on these but his timing is off. 

We have had receivers open in the middle of the field all year

Allen does not look to them...he keys in to one side of the field outside of the hash marks. 

Andre Ware even pointed out twice Hatcher being wide open.

urkillnmesmalls

Bashing BA isn't going to do any good.  Obviously, the coaches feel he is the best option, for whatever reason.  If I had to guess, I would say that it's probably because he does much better than the other options in practice. 

I'll say it, because I'm not scared.  We have lost 16 SEC games in a row now.  BA has never won one.  It's my opinion that it's time to see if maybe one of the other options at QB is better IN THE ACTUAL GAME.  What could it possibly hurt at this point?  If we're playing youth at other position to "plan for the future," then why is the QB position exempt?

He may be a good game manager if we had two really good WR's to compliment our threats at TE, and play like one of the last few Bama QB's.  From that perspective, it's hard to blame him, but I'm still ready to see them give someone else a shot.  It's time.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

WarPig88

I am not saying that BA is all that, but it would take a very good and experienced qb to be a good passer in our current scheme.

When the scheme actually got our receivers in one on one matchups they were just as open as GA's were. That is why you saw so many PI calls on GA.

The real problem is that we put so few guys into routes at times that they are literally out numbered while at the same time the defense's athletic fronts are beating our behemoth linemen and pressuring the qb causing him to lose sight down the field while running for his life and missing the few times when guys are running free.

It's scheme folks, more than anything.

kchogfan14

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 18, 2014, 11:32:38 pm
Bashing BA isn't going to do any good.  Obviously, the coaches feel he is the best option, for whatever reason.  If I had to guess, I would say that it's probably because he does much better than the other options in practice. 

I'll say it, because I'm not scared.  We have lost 16 SEC games in a row now.  BA has never won one.  It's my opinion that it's time to see if maybe one of the other options at QB is better IN THE ACTUAL GAME.  What could it possibly hurt at this point?  If we're playing youth at other position to "plan for the future," then why is the QB position exempt?

He may be a good game manager if we had two really good WR's to compliment our threats at TE, and play like one of the last few Bama QB's.  From that perspective, it's hard to blame him, but I'm still ready to see them give someone else a shot.  It's time.   

Exactly.

0-16? hell either one of us could have managed that feat!

kchogfan14

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 18, 2014, 11:26:58 pm
You do realize this board bans people for language like that.

It's not fair that you get to say that because I want to call you that, but am restraining myself in the interest of abiding by the HV rules.

Call it like you see it. I do. I could not care less. At my age, I don't give a damn about consequences anymore.

I still say BA is NOT an SEC QB and that Chaney is not worth a damn as a coordinator.

onebadrubi

Quote from: theenemy on October 18, 2014, 11:30:08 pm
We have had receivers open in the middle of the field all year

Allen does not look to them...he keys in to one side of the field outside of the hash marks. 

Andre Ware even pointed out twice Hatcher being wide open.

I haven't seen that all year long.  That doesn't mean it hasn't happened by ANY means, I just haven't seen it.  Allen did miss hatcher over the middle WIDE open I know of at least once today.  I'm currently a believer of the route tree is just not working.  I LOVED the Georgia route tree.  I was in the end zone and made it a point to watch both teams WR routes. They ran a nice 20 yard deep slant where the routes ran forced a safety to pick this up and not a CB.  We don't have that in our bag of tricks, nor are we seeing double moves, or routes that hide our QB inefficiency. 

Disclaimer:  I'm an armchair QB at best.  Chaney has been hired by multiple D1 schools and obviously has some high level of knowledge and skill at this job, I just don't know what's going on. 

sickboy

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 18, 2014, 11:22:35 pm
Ryan Sorahan
Zak Clark
Pete Burks
Peanut Adams
Jason Allen
Casey Dick (first 3 years)
Dowell Loggains
Robbie Hampton
Tarvaris Jackson
AJ Derby

Those are just off the top of my head.

I agree Allen is better than all those guys... Except Tavaris Jackson... hes an NFL QB and was a fantastic college QB. Had he not come in with Matt Jones... He'd be one of our best QBs ever.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: kchogfan14 on October 18, 2014, 11:43:28 pm
Call it like you see it. I do. I could not care less. At my age, I don't give a damn about consequences anymore.

I still say BA is NOT an SEC QB and that Chaney is not worth a damn as a coordinator.

BA is generally below average.  Yet he is outpassing half the QBs in the conference every week. 

I don't know if you watch football or not.  There are not many good QBs in the SEC this year.

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: sickboy on October 18, 2014, 11:50:40 pm
I agree Allen is better than all those guys... Except Tavaris Jackson... hes an NFL QB and was a fantastic college QB. Had he not come in with Matt Jones... He'd be one of our best QBs ever.

Haha, I was about to post how he is a NFL QB and a Super Bowl champion. I don't know how he would've translated at Arkansas for the long haul, but he made a name for himself in the swac and a good enough name to get drafted in the 2nd round and still be in the NFL. BA would take that in a heartbeat.

WarPig88

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 18, 2014, 11:48:35 pm
I haven't seen that all year long.  That doesn't mean it hasn't happened by ANY means, I just haven't seen it.  Allen did miss hatcher over the middle WIDE open I know of at least once today.  I'm currently a believer of the route tree is just not working.  I LOVED the Georgia route tree.  I was in the end zone and made it a point to watch both teams WR routes. They ran a nice 20 yard deep slant where the routes ran forced a safety to pick this up and not a CB.  We don't have that in our bag of tricks, nor are we seeing double moves, or routes that hide our QB inefficiency. 

Disclaimer:  I'm an armchair QB at best.  Chaney has been hired by multiple D1 schools and obviously has some high level of knowledge and skill at this job, I just don't know what's going on.

I was at the game today as well. I saw what you saw but I would also add that our pass protection is suspect as well.

On defense, if you can't get to the qb, you at least want to move him around in the pocket. This causes him to miss open guys.

We may not give up that many sacks, but our qb doesn't have any time to comfortably go through his progressions most of the time either.

Add to that a scheme that at times had our receivers way out numbered on the only side of the field that the qb could throw to after being flushed and you get a poor passing game.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: sickboy on October 18, 2014, 11:50:40 pm

TJack had every opportunity to win the job here.  He did not perform.  Nutt desperately wanted him to take the job and move Matt to receiver, but Nuke was horrible here.

Something about wearing a Razorback jersey makes you a horrible QB.

I stand by my assertion that BA is better than TJack was here.

sickboy

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on October 18, 2014, 11:52:45 pm
Haha, I was about to post how he is a NFL QB and a Super Bowl champion. I don't know how he would've translated at Arkansas for the long haul, but he made a name for himself in the swac and a good enough name to get drafted in the 2nd round and still be in the NFL. BA would take that in a heartbeat.

I stood next to him on the sideline when he was a freshman and watched him throw 30 yard darts. I've never stood next to someone with that kind of arm before. It was a canon.

kchogfan14

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 18, 2014, 11:51:28 pm
BA is generally below average.  Yet he is outpassing half the QBs in the conference every week. 

I don't know if you watch football or not.  There are not many good QBs in the SEC this year.

With the exception of Dak Prescott, I agree. And will add that BA is one of the worst since he cannot win an SEC game.