Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does arkansas still beat LSU and Mizzou?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 18, 2014, 09:10:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

While majority of everyone, myself included agreed arkansas could and probably would beat lsu and mizzou for a bowl bid, its looking like arkansas is in question and both tigers are looking decent and picking up the pace now (though mizzouri is still wishy washy). I still dont agree with those who said they would beat ole miss. So my question is does arkansas still beat both tigers and make a bowl?

hoglady

Both are looking pretty darn good tonight.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

clutch

secfan30

LSU and Mizzo, yes I feel we still beat them.

So far our only losses have been to teams ranked in the top 10 when we played them. We finally scored in the 4th quarter of a SEC game for the first time since last years ole miss game. That's one monkey off of our back

Demaghog

LSU's D will do the same thing Georgia did to us. I don't think Missouri's defense will stop us much, but I'm worried what they can do to us on offense.

UAROCKDOG

You win some and you lose some.   Pick em 

eusebius

These things I know: There's no doubt Gary Anderson was very underrated . . Ike Forte had the best number ever for a running back and the best thing about the option was that last second pitch right before the DE hits the quarterback.

Bubba's Bruisers

Oh sure.  I mean UGA was an obvious win opportunity too.  Brother.  We will be extremely fortunate to get 1 of the 2.  I don't see us beating LSU.  the only caveat is that we usually play them close no matter what.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

forrest city joe

Not if we play like we did today. in fact if we play like we played today. we are going 0 and 8 in the sec again this year.this team gave itself no chance to win again today. losing is bad enough. but not even giving yoursef a chance to win is another.we deserved to lose today and we did.

Hogfan1660

Mizzou maybe and I have said all year that we will beat LSU. They will stop our run game and blitz our fragile QB into submission.

Idahog

Nope.  We're licking our wounds, they are rallying.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

jfred59

TulsaJack32

No.  We have no QB.  Georgia and Alabama showed how to play us. 

There's no secret.  Keep Ark in 3rd and long situations, BA can't handle pressure. 

popcornhog

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 18, 2014, 09:10:12 pm
While majority of everyone, myself included agreed arkansas could and probably would beat lsu and mizzou for a bowl bid, its looking like arkansas is in question and both tigers are looking decent and picking up the pace now (though mizzouri is still wishy washy). I still dont agree with those who said they would beat ole miss. So my question is does arkansas still beat both tigers and make a bowl?

We can.

The premise of your question is ludicrous though.

Do we still? Like we had already beat them?
WPS

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

nonamer66

I don't mind coming into those games as the underdog. We might actually have a mindset to win.

root_hawg

3kgthog

Nope. Winless in the SEC 2 years running. Just enough to get our money's worth out of BB's bloated contract.

wupigsuey

Does Sweet Feet, an asu fan, still come to the razorback board to stir up shart?      Yes.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

spiritof92

What's happening to Kentucky is what I was hoping would happen to Georgia today.  Kentucky stepped up from the east tonight and are like deer caught in headlights.  Florida's special teams looked even worse than ours tonight. 

Jek Tono Porkins

I think we beat LSU at home. We had them on the ropes last year with our disaster of a team. We're much improved and they are not.

I think we'll be able to run on Mizzou at will and win that game.

6-6.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hogfan1660

Kentucky would beat us this year. We are the only team from the west that lost to the east. This thing just keeps getting better and better!

IntegrityHog

No.  Unfortunately, I think we will be 0-8 again.

mizzouman

Our offense SUCKS...................we won tonight but kinda feel like we lost.

Dark Helmet Hog

Play like we did the first half of today again, and we will not win another game.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: mizzouman on October 18, 2014, 09:44:44 pm

Stop screwing with us.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

spiritof92

Quote from: mizzouman on October 18, 2014, 09:44:44 pm

I just assumed you had 100 yards of offense because of the special teams TDs.  lol

Granny fan

Demaghog

No. LSU will blitz us like Georgia and the Mizzou game will be a shootout with us shooting ourselves in the foot to lose it.

Ironhawg

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 18, 2014, 09:44:38 pm
No.  Unfortunately, I think we will be 0-8 again.

After today I believe this too.

spiritof92

mizzouman

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 18, 2014, 09:46:25 pm
I just assumed you had 100 yards of offense because of the special teams TDs.  lol

We win by 29 with about 20 yards passing about 120 total offense. Strange game.

moses_007

No.  This team will continue to fumble or penalize itself into more losses.

mizzouman

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Demaghog on October 18, 2014, 09:13:54 pm
LSU's D will do the same thing Georgia did to us. I don't think Missouri's defense will stop us much, but I'm worried what they can do to us on offense.
Plus special teams for LSU have been big in their wins. For us...not so special.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Pig Worshipper

hamARchy in the USA

Well, the next conference game is at Miss St.

And I believe the Hogs are going to leave Starkville with a win.

Boardon Hamsay

I've been a 6-6 guy all year and thought we'd beat UAB, LSU, and Mizzou.  Based on what I saw today, I think we only beat UAB out of those 3 games. We need to get healthy and much more disciplined to have any chance of winning an SEC game.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Danny J

Quote from: Demaghog on October 18, 2014, 09:48:15 pm
No. LSU will blitz us like Georgia and the Mizzou game will be a shootout with us shooting ourselves in the foot to lose it.
Yep...Chavis is the best DC IMHO in the country and they are loaded with young talent. They will do exactly what UGA did to us. Stack 8 in the box on run plays and on pass plays send blitzers from all over the field. Our QB has no idea how to read a defense pre-snap. He may know how in practice but in a game....no. I am going to have nightmares tonight of the corner blitz and the DB's creeping towards the LOS while BA is under center.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on October 18, 2014, 09:53:04 pm
Well, the next conference game is at Miss St.

And I believe the Hogs are going to leave Starkville with a win.

Sober up.

spiritof92

I'm trying to remain positive and believe the Hogs can win 2-3 SEC games this season.  Mississippi State isn't one of them.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 18, 2014, 09:57:45 pm
I'm trying to remain positive and believe the Hogs can win 2-3 SEC games this season.  Mississippi State isn't one of them.

Neither is Ole Miss.  And very likely neither is LSU.  Mizzou is a coin flip at best.

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

razorbackchamps94

forrest city joe

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 18, 2014, 09:58:53 pm
Neither is Ole Miss.  And very likely neither is LSU.  Mizzou is a coin flip at best.
That Ole Miss defense is for real. nobody can score many points on them. i do not see them losing anytime soon.

ronmahony

I think we could, it would be nice to add a few plays. Like maybe a screen now and again. That might help with some of those blitzes. Especially if we ran one from under center, I did notice we added a couple of passes from under center. So it wasn't quite so obvious.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 18, 2014, 09:51:39 pm
We will beat Missouri to finish 5-7.
Just like we planned it.

A total of 12 wins over a 3 year period, which means we will have won all the gimmes and nothing else. Next year doesn't look any better either because it will be the same coaches and players. An extra year of experience will be worth maybe 1 or 2 wins. Sweet! One pre-January bowl in 4 years- we're really raising that bar folks.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Breems

I was holding out for an upset @Missouri, but even that looks doubtful at this point. We're still the (improved) bottom dwellers.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Etowah

Mizzou's defense is better than LSU's...and better than Georgia's..but their offense sucks.

In both games v. LSU and Mizzou the key will be not turning the ball over or giving up special teams points.  We handle that part of it...we win.