Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why we are losing

Started by devildoghawg, October 18, 2014, 09:03:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

devildoghawg

Id love to hear all the coach/player haters give a legitimate reason on why they want everyone gone, outside of losing games.  Here's the facts:

Coming into the season...we were expected to win...wait for it, ZERO SEC games...ZERO.  What makes you think that we are going to sneak a win in on Top 10 SEC competition.  We are still two years away from doing something special...get over it.  Either be a fan, or don't.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

farmhawg

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 18, 2014, 09:03:27 pm
Id love to hear all the coach/player haters give a legitimate reason on why they want everyone gone, outside of losing games.  Here's the facts:

Coming into the season...we were expected to win...wait for it, ZERO SEC games...ZERO.  What makes you think that we are going to sneak a win in on Top 10 SEC competition.  We are still two years away from doing something special...get over it.  Either be a fan, or don't.
Brilliant!!!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogfan1660

Well we are still right on track with winning ZERO SEC games. The bad news is that it's probably still going to get worse before it gets better and I have been saying that for 2 years now. It's pretty pathetic to say the least!

Bubba's Bruisers

I think the promise they showed against A&M and Bama.  And stop fooling yourself about the expected 0 SEC wins.  Only very small fraction here thought that.  Most we're thinking a couple SEC wins...a 6-6 season.  I thought 5-7 and that's in grave danger.

But, yes, we are a couple seasons away.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogfan1660

I was thinking 7-5 but I'm not sure that we will go 6-6. It seems like everyone else is hitting their stride now except us. We may be lucky to go 5-7 at this rate.

UAROCKDOG

At this rate of improvement, we are 2 years away from competing in the sec west.

Beaverfever

We are still two years away from doing something special...get over it.
You should say two years away from potentially doing something special.  People always say this and "our defense is a year away".  There are no guarantees we'll be a good team in two years or our defense will be any good next year.  Talent is the problem.  We recruit top 25 ish classes and we'll be a top 25 ish team.  In the SEC west that's good for last place. 

ramseyhog

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be. -Marcel Pagnol

SavoySeamster

Why we are losing........

1st and foremost, I'd say it's because other teams score more points than us!
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

mlloyd4

The strength and passion of the teams that the Hogs play have a say in the games that the Hogs win and lose as well. Crazy year where our opponents and our schedule is not favorable at all.
WPS

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Beaverfever

Quote from: bacon&eggs on October 18, 2014, 09:20:59 pm
The strength and passion of the teams that the Hogs play have a say in the games that the Hogs win and lose as well. Crazy year where our opponents and our schedule is not favorable at all.
The schedule won't get easier.  We play in a ridiculous conference getting better every year. 

arlhog

Losing sucks,   I can't stand it.   We really layed a big egg in the first half today.   I didn't think we would go 10-2 or anything like that this year but was hoping for 1-2 really good wins.  We have gotten so close just to have our hearts ripped out.   If we don't win a conference game soon I fear this season as a total waste.   Saddest of all is that I believe the coaches are doing a good job and everyone is working hard.  It's just really tough to win  with this schedule.   WPs    Let's turn it around.  GHG.

Hawghiggs

Because we are not in the Big12.

UAROCKDOG

Hang in there.   Winning season promised by 2016. 

southarkhog06

Quote from: arlhog on October 18, 2014, 09:23:38 pm
Losing sucks,   I can't stand it.   We really layed a big egg in the first half today.   I didn't think we would go 10-2 or anything like that this year but was hoping for 1-2 really good wins.  We have gotten so close just to have our hearts ripped out.   If we don't win a conference game soon I fear this season as a total waste.   Saddest of all is that I believe the coaches are doing a good job and everyone is working hard.  It's just really tough to win  with this schedule.   WPs    Let's turn it around.  GHG.
good post

mlloyd4

Quote from: Beaverfever on October 18, 2014, 09:23:08 pm
The schedule won't get easier.  We play in a ridiculous conference getting better every year. 
It goes in cycles. This year Ole Miss and Miss State have more talent and leadership than ever before. We have never seen a season where all the SEC West was basically ranked in the top 10 at some point. I don't see that happening every year. This year is very unique.
WPS

redeye

As bad as we lost, our game was closer then any other SEC game today and it's not even close.  Missouri destroyed Florida in the Swamp 42-13, Alabama destroyed A&M 59-0, LSU is beating Kentucky 41-3 and Ole Miss is beating Tennessee 34-3.  Just one of those weekends, I guess.

moses_007

Quote from: UAROCKDOG on October 18, 2014, 09:32:40 pm
Who promised this?  I've got to see it to believe it.

moses_007

Quote from: tncbg on October 18, 2014, 09:36:34 pm
I also don't want to hear any more about our mammoth offensive line. Georgia whipped them time after time.
Georgia has a much better offensive line than we have.  Size and weight don't always translate into good results.

John Futrall

Quote from: UAROCKDOG on October 18, 2014, 09:32:40 pm

Championship under construction...

root_hawg

October 18, 2014, 09:45:07 pm #22 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:25:55 pm by root_hawg
I think we have beaten every team we have been favored in

wachhog

Danny J

So at some point we have to start winning those games because week in and week out thats all we are playing are top 10 teams. If we can't get it done then we need to either change coaches or change leagues because using SOS and being in the mighty SEC as a reason for not winning will no longer be acceptable.

We have played 4 SEC teams so far and their ranking when we played them:

Auburn #5
aTm #6
Bama #7
UGA #10

We still have to go play @ #1 MSU and what will likely be #2 Ole miss. I think after Mizzou's throttling of the Gators in the swamp that Mizzou will be ranked also.

So things aren't going to be easier next year either playing at Bama, LSU(young this year but tons of talent), Ole miss and Tenn(same as LSU). Then we get to host current #1 MSU and so on and so forth. At some point either you can beat those good teams or you can't. If we can't then we better have a good B option.

hogman64

have we won a conference game since Never Yield became the slogan?  I don't think so... Just sayin'

moses_007

And to think the main reason Frank Broyles left the SWC for the SEC was so he would have a chance to beat Georgia.  We have only beaten Georgia one time since we joined the SEC, when Greg Childs caught that winning TD in Athens.

orvillesghost

We are overmatched in this conference

No I am not saying we should leave it but I do doubt we can ever recruit well enough to really compete at a high level.

The league seems to get better and better and we were having a hard time matching it even before it did....

PonderinHog

Quote from: moses_007 on October 18, 2014, 10:03:22 pm
And to think the main reason Frank Broyles left the SWC for the SEC was so he would have a chance to beat Georgia.  We have only beaten Georgia one time since we joined the SEC, when Greg Childs caught that winning TD in Athens.
We have beaten Georgia twice since joining the SEC.

root_hawg

I am going with we have played 3 teams in a row that were rated in the top 10 in the nation.  We have lost 4 games and the other one was ranked when we played them.

I think that most would have had us at this record at this point of the season had they been realistic.

Vildsvin

Based on our 3-9 team last season.. if anyone was thinking that we SHOULD win more than 5 games this season with this schedule, then you weren't thinking.

This team is performing just as they should based on where they were coming from.. fans just have short memories and little patience.

Rolltide4ever

Quote from: root_hawg on October 18, 2014, 09:45:07 pm
I think we have eaten everyone one we have been favored in

I guess if you can't beat the favored team eating them is the next best thing to do?
This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever,leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain,not loss-good, not evil. Success,not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.
Kept in the wallet of Paul William Bryant.

root_hawg

jcharkansas

I guess cbb is doing something that hasn't ever been done here before like he said he wanted to do.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Rolltide4ever on October 18, 2014, 10:44:27 pm

I guess if you can't beat the favored team eating them is the next best thing to do?

We do have the biggest OL in the SEC.
This is my non-signature signature.

Pigsknuckles

Oh good Lord. Will the excuses never end?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

The Pulse

OP is right. No worries here. We are still right on course for our 2017 Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl appearance. Go Jeff Long. Go Birt Bielema! ‪FAMMCB under construction baby. Get on the Birt Train because it's leaving the station in a few years.

kchogfan14

Quote from: wachhog on October 18, 2014, 09:45:28 pm
QUIT BLAMING THE QB!

I better blame the concession stand people then, because none of them can read the progressions after locking on to a receiver, make a good toss sweep, take 100% of the snaps effectively from the center, and release the ball on time.

Brandon Allen could NOT deliver a diet coke to the 3rd seat in row 13 unless somebody took it there for him. He simply is NOT a good QB. Hell, he is a lousy QB IMO.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: jcharkansas on October 18, 2014, 11:10:07 pm
I guess cbb is doing something that hasn't ever been done here before like he said he wanted to do.

Humor content....this gets a   8) 

Actual content....this gets a  :o, and maybe a hint of  :'(

I have no idea how we could regress that badly.  On that first deep pass, it looked like it was back to 2012.  Brush against the WR, completely STOP running and peek into the backfield, and let the WR get 10 YARDS BEHIND YOU before you think..."Oh yeah, I guess I should have covered him." 

I've defended him for two years...and I'm done.  I think BA is a great kid, and he's trying as hard as he can, and playing as well as he can.  Sadly...it's not good enough to win in the SEC.  The only thing I will say is that our pass blocking was so bad today, that he couldn't have gone through the progressions anyway. 

UGA played that whole game with a dedicated blitzer.  That's a nice luxury, and it certainly forces the issue.  Thing is...BA has got to see where that's coming from, and know where he can make the defense pay.  We never do.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

TheGrove68

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 09:49:17 pm
So at some point we have to start winning those games because week in and week out thats all we are playing are top 10 teams. If we can't get it done then we need to either change coaches or change leagues because using SOS and being in the mighty SEC as a reason for not winning will no longer be acceptable.

We have played 4 SEC teams so far and their ranking when we played them:

Auburn #5
aTm #6
Bama #7
UGA #10

We still have to go play @ #1 MSU and what will likely be #2 Ole miss. I think after Mizzou's throttling of the Gators in the swamp that Mizzou will be ranked also.

So things aren't going to be easier next year either playing at Bama, LSU(young this year but tons of talent), Ole miss and Tenn(same as LSU). Then we get to host current #1 MSU and so on and so forth. At some point either you can beat those good teams or you can't. If we can't then we better have a good B option.

Now way we are ranked......we are just half a team...no offense period! If they rank us it would be a so laughable!
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

root_hawg

107-182. 59% 13 tds 4 ints

It isn't the qb

Hogfan1660

We all know that the wheels have been off for a while now but I'm afraid that it's about to get even worse. Our discipline is terrible, we are suspending our star running back for missing workouts and now we have suspended KM for 4 more games. It looks like some of the players might not be buying in to the team like they should and you know that the losing streak has to be wearing on them also.

WarPig88

I would like to add to the sentiments of the OP by mentioning the sun is hot and very hard to look at directly.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

For you guys that think we are a couple seasons away, I would like to hear why you think that. For me if we hang with BA the rest of this year and all of next year we will be breaking in a new starting qb in 2016. How do you think that's going to work out for us then? Not too good in my opinion.  I say give someone else their shot now and then come a couple years from now we might be able to do something special. What we are doing now is insane, doing the same crap over and over and expecting a different result each time. It's time for a change wether it gets better or worse because this isn't getting it.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

redeye

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 09:49:17 pm
Quote from: orvillesghost on October 18, 2014, 10:28:40 pm
We are overmatched in this conference

No I am not saying we should leave it but I do doubt we can ever recruit well enough to really compete at a high level.

The league seems to get better and better and we were having a hard time matching it even before it did....

So what do you wanna do?  Join the Big-XII?  The Sunbelt?

I really think much of our problem stems from fan expectations after moving from the SWC.  While the SWC was better then many youngsters realize, we still dominated that conference, outside of Texas.  Now we have to share the spotlight with teams that are mostly just as good as Arkansas or better.

I also think we tend to diminish our accomplishments in the SEC.  In the 22 years we've been a SEC member, only 6 SEC teams have had more success, but our fans act as if we're a regular doormat.  MSU is #1 right now, even though we've dominated them over those 22 years, and now we're asking if we can compete with them?  Most of our fans thought A&M was a great team this year, but they just lost to Alabama worse then we EVER have and after we nearly beat Alabama last week.

Things change yearly and the fact that Ole Miss and MSU are the toast of the SEC is proof of that.  The only thing we need to do is produce fans with thicker skin, because ours wanna give up too easily.

TheRazorback500

One reason we lost today was because we underestimated our opponent. Last week all the talking heads were saying that Georgia wasn't that good and that we'd just have us a big Little Rock throwdown and roll 'em. Well, someone forgot to tell the Dawgs. We made Hutson Mason look like an All-American, and their pass rush wore Allen out. The difference in talent and depth was obvious. Turnovers and penalties compounded the problem. We've made progress in some areas, but we got a long way to go.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

redeye

JayBell

Maybe because Arkansas should have beaten two straight top 10 opponents.  It's not that Arkansas could have beaten A&M and Bama, it's that they had both of those games.  The Razorbacks were a trip and a fumble across a goal line from being 5-1 and ranked in the top 15 before today's game.

I've always been as positive as anyone can be, but you're just making excuses if you're saying, "Aw shucks, we weren't supposed to win anyway."

Arkansas has been in winning positions and/or competitive in winning games.  They're not losing because they're outmatched.  That was the case in 2012 and 2013 when most of their losses were due to just having less talent than their opponents.

The way they're losing this season is all about mistakes and lack of heart.  Not getting it done in the fourth quarter is much more mental than physical.  And Arkansas has been getting their asses handed to them in the fourth quarter of SEC games.

mlloyd4

Quote from: JayBell on October 19, 2014, 12:00:03 am
Maybe because Arkansas should have beaten two straight top 10 opponents.  It's not that Arkansas could have beaten A&M and Bama, it's that they had both of those games.  The Razorbacks were a trip and a fumble across a goal line from being 5-1 and ranked in the top 15 before today's game.

I've always been as positive as anyone can be, but you're just making excuses if you're saying, "Aw shucks, we weren't supposed to win anyway."

Arkansas has been in winning positions and/or competitive in winning games.  They're not losing because they're outmatched.  That was the case in 2012 and 2013 when most of their losses were due to just having less talent than their opponents.

The way they're losing this season is all about mistakes and lack of heart.  Not getting it done in the fourth quarter is much more mental than physical.  And Arkansas has been getting their asses handed to them in the fourth quarter of SEC games.

"lack of heart" - Na, that's not it. They got heart.
WPS

redeye

Very true Jay, but winning those games still would have been upsets.  And until we get the mental part down and start winning those games, they'll continue to be upsets.