Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kids at Ark-Ga.

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 18, 2014, 08:29:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

Quote from: drrowdy on October 18, 2014, 08:33:53 pm
Sorry they had to see this mess. Hopefully the coaches pointed out how much they are needed, maybe even reassured them that Peavy would be starting next season

I agree. Considering how poorly the Hogs played in the 1st half it could serious jeopardize the momentum we had with this recruiting class. I hope that the kids see an opportunity and not a sinking ship.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Steef

Or.....

"Recruits, we need you. And there's playing time sitting right there in front of you. Look at how many true freshmen we've been playing for the last two years."

sickboy

Quote from: SemperFi on October 18, 2014, 09:48:48 pm
I agree. Considering how poorly the Hogs played in the 1st half it could serious jeopardize the momentum we had with this recruiting class. I hope that the kids see an opportunity and not a sinking ship.

It's just one game. When it comes to recruiting -- one game isn't a big deal. Would have been better if we won? Sure. But it's not detrimental.

The Recruiting Guy

I remember after the SC game last year people said Froholdt would never want to come.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: SemperFi on October 18, 2014, 09:48:48 pm

Sinking ship?  We are clearly heading in the right direction.   If we can make half the progress over the next 12 months that we made over the previous 12, we are going to be very pleased.  Recruits clearly are taking notice of that.

jjdlc

Quote from: sickboy on October 18, 2014, 10:14:47 pm
It's just one game. When it comes to recruiting -- one game isn't a big deal. Would have been better if we won? Sure. But it's not detrimental.

It really wasn't even a whole bad game.  They looked much better in the second half.  Yes, Georgia had taken their foot off the gas some, but they were still blitzing and stuff.  We even got to see more of the passing game people have been begging for.

LJHOG

well we can offer immediate playing time at every position.

WorfHog

Quote from: sickboy on October 18, 2014, 10:14:47 pm

It's not just one game, it's a 16 game conference losing streak that shows no signs of breaking anytime this year. Might not break until some of these guys are on campus.

SemperFi

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on October 19, 2014, 08:53:23 am
Sinking ship?  We are clearly heading in the right direction.   If we can make half the progress over the next 12 months that we made over the previous 12, we are going to be very pleased.  Recruits clearly are taking notice of that.

Notice that I said, "I hope that the kids see an opportunity and not a sinking ship." My meaning was that I hope the kids can look past how poorly the Hogs played and consider the opportunity before them. It wasn't a dig at the Hogs.

Is there any word on the OV's?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Smokehouse

Sorry they had to see this mess. Hopefully the coaches pointed out how much they are needed, maybe even reassured them that Peavy would be starting next season

I certainly hope the coaches aren't going around assuring people our current starting QB won't be playing next season. That would be poor locker room management, to put it lightly.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

sickboy

Quote from: WorfHog on October 19, 2014, 03:32:36 pm

It's not just one game, it's a 16 game conference losing streak that shows no signs of breaking anytime this year. Might not break until some of these guys are on campus.

This proves my point. One loss doesn't hurt recruiting... Or else we should be recruiting on par with Delaware State... But we're not. We're recruiting better than we have in years.

Modsquad24

You guys that scoff kill me, well duh obviously we are getting good? Says who ? We are 6-14, 0-12 sec ladt two yrs, could we get better yeah, but take act taken a back is a joke

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 19, 2014, 06:22:04 pm
I certainly hope the coaches aren't going around assuring people our current starting QB won't be playing next season. That would be poor locker room management, to put it lightly.

No kidding! I guess he didn't realize that recruits talk to current players as well as coaches.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: Modsquad24 on October 20, 2014, 04:44:12 am
You guys that scoff kill me, well duh obviously we are getting good? Says who ? We are 6-14, 0-12 sec ladt two yrs, could we get better yeah, but take act taken a back is a joke

I'm not a grammar nazi, but I can't even understand what you were trying to say.

Hoggish1

Where was the mess?  In effect, UGA beat us by 10 (without the xtra pts.) after we spotted them 32 pts. on turnovers. 

Is your head in the game?

sickboy

Quote from: Modsquad24 on October 20, 2014, 04:44:12 am

Quote from: cshivley1 on October 20, 2014, 07:18:40 am
I'm not a grammar nazi, but I can't even understand what you were trying to say.

Translation:

You guys that scoff at posters who worry about games like this hurting our recruiting simply kill me.  "Obviously, we are getting better!", says who? Nobody, that's who. The last two years we are 6-14 overall and 0-12 in SEC play. Could we find a way to improve? Sure we could... but... take... a back... ahh screw it. I'm drunk.

rogers-hog

Well Richard posts direct quotes from the guys we are recruiting and it sounds to me they see improvement even if the trolls don't.

Modsquad24

Exactly sick boy haha, nah my phone messed up, what i was trying to say is ppl can have doubts if tgey want and we have proved nothing as of yet

redeye

Quote from: WorfHog on October 19, 2014, 03:32:36 pm

And yet, our current class is on target to better those after recent 10-3 and 11-2 seasons.

I won't waste time worrying about this stuff.