Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IMO, oline and defense cost us this game.

Started by Waldron_Hog, October 18, 2014, 08:24:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Waldron_Hog

Our oline was outplayed pretty much of the entire game. Running game was mediocre and there was a strong Georgia oresence in our backfield the majority of the game.

While defense was out in a couple bad spots in first half, the didn't have an answer in first half for Georgia o.

Demaghog

I think it's too much to ask of the O-Line when the QB/WR can't help. They blitzed us the whole game without any fear, and we never made them pay.

idochog

No playmakers on the outside

WE REALLY MISSED BROOKS ELLIS on defense. Not much being said about that.
I love Jesus!

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: Demaghog on October 18, 2014, 08:34:08 pm
I think it's too much to ask of the O-Line when the QB/WR can't help. They blitzed us the whole game without any fear, and we never made them pay.
They quit Blitzing 2nd half .. If not Allen would be in hospital bout right now....

Sooie71923

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

redeye

Quote from: Demaghog on October 18, 2014, 08:34:08 pm

That's a significant point.  We should have broken some big runs with all the blitzes.  A screen pass would have also been nice, but we don't do those.

I agree that our lines were outplayed.  I don't know if Georgia's were simply better or if we're just recovering from last week, but the lines were definitely outplayed.  This was at least the worst game for them since Auburn and probably the worst overall.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Oline had nothing to do with AC not knowing the play call inside our 20.

But overall I agree. UGA dominated our Dline and our oline couldn't handle their speed

HawgcallWPS

The captain of our defense became apparent today. Ellis is an absolute stud and leader.

Hog_Fink

We have got to get better with hot routes, tunnel screens, figure out how to get our rbs in the passing game.....

Chaney has got to open up the playbook.
I dont get it.
So predictable.
hurry up toss. Play action toss.
te reverse? U kidding me?

Finally we hit hunter henry for a td on that throwback.
we shoulda been running that way earlier in the year.

idochog

Quote from: HawgcallWPS on October 18, 2014, 08:56:58 pm
The captain of our defense became apparent today. Ellis is an absolute stud and leader.

People really don't understand how big a loss this was. I told people at the game this & they looked at me like I was crazy.
I love Jesus!

bokid12

I was unable to catch the entire game, but what I did see there were at least 3 times, when they replayed open downfield receivers that weren't thrown to.  Each time, the check down back was thrown to when one of our "terrible", "not able to separate" wide receivers were in the announcer's words "SEC wide open".  Hit one of those guys and maybe they adjust their defense.

jcul28

The defense didn't turn the ball over 4 times, make bad throws, fumble the ball and leave a suspect QB in the game. This one is on the coaching staff. Georgia quit blitzing as much in 2nd half. They were playing to protect instead of how they played the 1st half. The game was lost in the 1st half by QB and coaching. With that, I'll be rooting these Hogs on next week!

3kgthog

Skipper was whipped one on one all night, so you can't blame the blitz there. He looked terrible and once again got a Dirty Dan penalty. If he's the best we've got protecting BA's blindside, BA should consider learning to just fall to the ground on every pass against a decent defense. It'd save his body and brain a beating.

jcul28

I'd rather BA fall to the ground than fumble or throw a pick. But that's just me.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: jcul28 on October 18, 2014, 09:10:25 pm
The defense didn't turn the ball over 4 times, make bad throws, fumble the ball and leave a suspect QB in the game. This one is on the coaching staff. Georgia quit blitzing as much in 2nd half. They were playing to protect instead of how they played the 1st half. The game was lost in the 1st half by QB and coaching. With that, I'll be rooting these Hogs on next week!
The D didn't turn the ball over your right , they was just letting Chubb run all over them at will

EastexHawg

Quote from: idochog on October 18, 2014, 08:59:40 pm
People really don't understand how big a loss this was. I told people at the game this & they looked at me like I was crazy.

Yeah, it was kinda like having to play without the Heisman frontrunner.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jcul28 on October 18, 2014, 09:10:25 pm

After our opening drive for a score, it only took Georgia 3 or 4 plays, to get all the way to our 3 yd. line.  Our DB's were getting beat deep from the very first play. Georgia's running back Chubb.....ran for over 200 yds. against our defense.  They were doing with him, what we should have been doing to them.  Our defense had their offense stopped twice....but committed stupid penalties that immediately led to 2 of their touchdowns.  We just didn't play well as a team today, too many mistakes & penalties on both sides of the ball that could have been avoided.  Very disappointing.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jcul28

So put the blame on the D because a known good offense moved the ball on them but lay no blame on the QB who kept giving the ball back to that Onthat was moving the ball on our D? Ok?

Hogwild

I don't care how how great your five OLinemen are, 5 can't block 7. When teams bring that many defenders you need to make them pay.