Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas 31 Rushing Attempts 28 Passing Attempts

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, October 18, 2014, 08:17:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

3rd Qtr. Chaney changes the O-line Blocking Schemes
Georgia never I repeat never pulls the 1st team Defense.  Arkansas scores 3 TD'S.

Georgia Offense might have got off the gas but the Defense was blitzing 80% of the 3rd/4th Qrt's.

For 2 weeks their were tons of people crying about our lack of Offensive production in the 2nd half (especially the 4th qtr) The team exhibits some fight and it's mostly a bunch of belly-acheing about the lack of a run game and blaming the Brandon for running for his life. 

You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dr. Starcs

So we should be happy that our oc had a good game plan for half of the game?

Danny J

I don't remember them blitzing nearly as much in the 3rd quarter but I guess they could have. I know they picked it back up in the 4th.

Hogwop

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 18, 2014, 08:18:09 pm

Seriously. I get that dude's trying to stay optimistic but who cares if we actually made a few adjustments in the second half, by then it was too little too late. Our offense still didnt do jack for a half.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 18, 2014, 08:18:09 pm

You should be proud of the effort despite 4 Turnovers in the 1st half (WE GAVE AWAY 14pts DUE TO LOCK OF EXECUTION OF THE GAMEPLAN)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

ChicoHog

And our D could not stop them.  They never punted in the first half.  Thanks to some stupid penalties on our part also. 

Dr. Starcs

Dang. I've been pretty patient. I can't defend this performance. Coaches & players.

Guess we are reduced to pride for not giving up. Sad state of affairs right now.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 18, 2014, 08:23:31 pm

Guess we are reduced to pride for not giving up. Sad state of affairs right now.

Agreed. I'm glad they kept fighting, but I won't stick my chest out about it.

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:17:27 pm
Georgia never I repeat never pulls the 1st team Defense.  Arkansas scores 3 TD'S.

Georgia Offense might have got off the gas but the Defense was blitzing 80% of the 3rd/4th Qrt's.

For 2 weeks their were tons of people crying about our lack of Offensive production in the 2nd half (especially the 4th qtr) The team exhibits some fight and it's mostly a bunch of belly-acheing about the lack of a run game and blaming the Brandon for running for his life. 

The 2nd half we were in a spread offense. Are you suggesting we switch to that?

grayhawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:17:27 pm

According to ESPN, 37 rushing attempts for 126 yards and passing 28 of 45 for 296 yards. For the second week in a row a top ten team stuffed our running game.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=400548359

mlloyd4

The team is cursed. We need some type of sacrifice to the Gods. I say we give them Lanny.
WPS

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 08:25:20 pm

The 2nd half we were in a spread offense. Are you suggesting we switch to that?

Kentucky is a Spread offense and didn't manage 1 single point.  Arkansas switched to shotgun to allow BA time to get off a pass attempt.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogfan1660

But we have the BIGGEST offensive line in football! There is no way that ANYONE can stop our run game! It looked to me like the smaller and quicker defensive line was having their way with us today.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 18, 2014, 08:24:48 pm

Who's sticking their chest out...the game is over we lost it's easy to complain but like Saban said you focus on improving what you did right while correcting the Turnovers aka what execution was done wrong.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogwop

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 18, 2014, 08:23:31 pm
Dang. I've been pretty patient. I can't defend this performance. Coaches & players.

This in a nutshell. I've been extremely patient, and I've seen a lot of improvement this season so far, but there's absolutely nothing good to be said about this game. I don't typically post negative stuff on here, but, what else can be said other than that was a piss poor effort by everyone involved on the Razorback sideline.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 18, 2014, 08:24:48 pm

I'm just super frustrated right now. I truly want THESE PLAYERS AND COACHES to have success here. Growing pains suck. One step forward, two steps back.

McKdaddy

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:31:42 pm
Who's sticking their chest out...the game is over we lost it's easy to complain but like Saban said you focus on improving what you did right while correcting the Turnovers aka what execution was done wrong.

Lame

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:28:55 pm
Kentucky is a Spread offense and didn't manage 1 single point.  Arkansas switched to shotgun to allow BA time to get off a pass attempt.

We ran a spread offense the 2nd half.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on October 18, 2014, 08:30:59 pm
But we have the BIGGEST offensive line in football! There is no way that ANYONE can stop our run game! It looked to me like the smaller and quicker defensive line was having their way with us today.

Up until halftime....then BA was put in the shotgun to neutralize the blitz for that extra second to survey the field.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hogwop on October 18, 2014, 08:31:46 pm
This in a nutshell. I've been extremely patient, and I've seen a lot of improvement this season so far, but there's absolutely nothing good to be said about this game. I don't typically post negative stuff on here, but, what else can be said other than that was a piss poor effort by everyone involved on the Razorback sideline.

Exactly. Too many are proud that we didn't quit. I too am glad but there was too much negative to crow about not quitting in the 2nd half.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 18, 2014, 08:31:53 pm
I'm just super frustrated right now. I truly want THESE PLAYERS AND COACHES to have success here. Growing pains suck. One step forward, two steps back.

Agreed, Doc. I'm still a Bielemer long-term, though short-term the players, coaches, and fans are being tested.

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:33:53 pm
Up until halftime....then BA was put in the shotgun to neutralize the blitz for that extra second to survey the field.

Too little too late to make the changes at halftime.

We need to get better in every facet of the game. Hopefully we do.

Today we lost simply because of the things Bielema has preached against the most.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 08:33:22 pm
We ran a spread offense the 2nd half.

Shotgun is part of the spread not necessarily the Spread...to different ideologies.   Their were no 4 & 5 reciever sets....just 2 TE's running routes to go along with Williams running the GO route.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Danny J

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:33:53 pm
What took so long to make that adjustment? Why make that adjustment only after having 38 unanswered hung on you? We have to make better in-game adjustments. We have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot. The coaches have to put our players in a better position to win. I had the same problem the last few years with CMA and his stubbornness in regards to not adjust to the refs or how a team is beating our pressure for easy shots. When you are lacking what you really need(talent/depth) to fully implement your entire philosophy in order to win games then you have to hedge your bets and make adjustments and make them sooner.

Hogwop

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 18, 2014, 08:35:52 pm
Agreed, Doc. I'm still a Bielemer long-term, though short-term the players, coaches, and fans are being tested.

If everything the program has been through the past few years is a test, we're owed a National Title when it's all said and done.
Pigga what?!

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:37:44 pm
Shotgun & Spread are to different ideologies.   Their were no 4 & 5 reciever sets....just 2 TE's running routes to go along with Williams running the GO route.

Point being this.... If it worked so well, maybe shouldn't just utilize when we get down 21 points or can't seem to run the football.

It's obvious we didn't quit. I commend the team for this. But at no point did UGA feel threatened either. When we had our chance, they stopped us and scored quickly in the 2nd half. Then, when needed, they ran out the clock. UGA controlled this game from start to finish.

Beat UAB, and hopefully get two victories from MISS/MSU/MIZZOU/LSU... That'd be the best to hope for at this point.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 18, 2014, 08:34:49 pm
Exactly. Too many are proud that we didn't quit. I too am glad but there was too much negative to crow about not quitting in the 2nd half.

Turnovers are the reason for the loss.... we put up 30+ with very little running game production.   If someone told you Brandon would pass for 300 yds prior to this game you would've assumed we probably win given our success protecting the ball.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Danny J

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 08:42:01 pm
Point being this.... If it worked so well, maybe shouldn't just utilize when we get down 21 points or can't seem to run the football.

It's obvious we didn't quit. I commend the team for this. But at no point did UGA feel threatened either. When we had our chance, they stopped us and scored quickly in the 2nd half. Then, when needed, they ran out the clock. UGA controlled this game from start to finish.

Beat UAB, and hopefully get two victories from MISS/MSU/MIZZOU/LSU... That'd be the best to hope for at this point.
Yeah...I still think we can beat UAB for sure and probably LSU and Miss/Mizz. I still have some faith in this team. How much more could go wrong? Famous last words.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 08:43:37 pm
Yeah...I still think we can beat UAB for sure and probably LSU and Miss/Mizz. I still have some faith in this team. How much more could go wrong? Famous last words.
UAB and that's it ...

McKdaddy

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:42:33 pm
Turnovers are the reason for the loss.... we put up 30+ with very little running game production.   If someone told you Brandon would pass for 300 yds prior to this game you would've assumed we probably win given our success protecting the ball.

Maybe I would have, maybe I wouldn't have. The way Bama shut down our run I might have assumed we'd lost and that passing a bunch was all we could muster. I'm not sure, TBP.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ricepig on October 18, 2014, 08:21:41 pm
4 TO's kill any team, especially a so so team

We saw the same thing Thursday night at our HS football game and we lost too.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

majestic

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on October 18, 2014, 08:30:59 pm
FAT.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 08:42:01 pm

What you saw was Purdue's Offense (Chaney) whole having (1) WR capable of creating space (Hatcher) + 2 TE.  Unfortunately our best WR is currently Red-shirting.  Georgia never played dime to neutralize it and just continued to bring the LB's up awaiting Collins or Williams.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

redeye

With all due respect TBP, the game was over by the time those changes were made. 

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:50:54 pm
What you saw was Purdue's Offense (Chaney) whole having (1) WR capable of creating space (Hatcher) + 2 TE.  Unfortunately our best WR is currently Red-shirting.  Georgia never played dime to neutralize it and just continued to bring the LB's up awaiting Collins or Williams.

Are you serious? Our best WR redshirting?

Seriously?

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:50:54 pm

And we'll never see a Purdue offense here. Not saying that's a bad thing. We'll just never throw that much. And if we come close to it, it will be days like today when we're down 32 at the half.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: redeye on October 18, 2014, 08:53:06 pm
With all due respect TBP, the game was over by the time those changes were made. 

The game was out of reach when Georgia hit the 38pt mark before half...but Georgia was also attempting 4th down conversation in the 2nd half. 

Even the players knew it was over....the 2nd half was used to show what can be done when the plays are executed and not fumbling inside your own 10.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 08:59:18 pm
And we'll never see a Purdue offense here. Not saying that's a bad thing. We'll just never throw that much. And if we come close to it, it will be days like today when we're down 32 at the half.

Wisconsin under Beliema passed 48% of the time (52% run) he doesn't have his recruited QB with knowledge of the playbook starting yet.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 08:57:30 pm
Are you serious? Our best WR redshirting?

Seriously?

I've witnessed JoJo make highly rated DB's here in Florida look clumsy on the field.  Robinson is a playmaker on offense and in the return game. He is easily the best route runner I've seen the past 4 yrs
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 09:02:45 pm
Wisconsin under Beliema passed 48% of the time (52% run) he doesn't have his recruited QB with knowledge of the playbook starting yet.

Exactly. That's not a Purdue offense.

ATU HOG

I'd just like to see us run more. I don't care if they stop us, we abandon the run early every game.  J Will averaged 6 yards a carry.  Brandon averaged 6.6 yards per completion.  Georgia let us throw the ball on them in 2nd half.

I hated the PA call to start our 2nd drive.  Killed any momentum we had from recovering the onside kick.  If we are going to get beat, I would like to see us lose by doing what we are best at doing, and that is running the ball.

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 09:10:41 pm
I've witnessed JoJo make highly rated DB's here in Florida look clumsy on the field.  Robinson is a playmaker on offense and in the return game. He is easily the best route runner I've seen the past 4 yrs

If he's our best, he shouldn't be redshirting. I doubt he's our best at the moment.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 09:11:05 pm
Exactly. That's not a Purdue offense.

Purdue Offense was run from 97' - 05' by Jim Chaney current Offensive Coordinator.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

grayhawg

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 09:12:02 pm
If he's our best, he shouldn't be redshirting. I doubt he's our best at the moment.
If I remember correctly, he had some injury issues early.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 09:12:02 pm

Was injured in practice so the coaches decided to redshirt him.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

FelixJonesorDMAC?

We still are winless in the SEC, moral victory again, hugs and kisses to all. 

At the end of the day it's about wins and losses, of course there were some good things but they didn't overcome the bad.  It was a beat down.  I guarantee you the coaches are not going to parade around being happy about this lost.

I'm still hoping BB is the right guy.  He seems to be recruiting well, hopefully he has a QB of the future. 

popcornhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 08:21:32 pm
You should be proud of the effort despite 4 Turnovers in the 1st half (WE GAVE AWAY 14pts DUE TO LOCK OF EXECUTION OF THE GAMEPLAN)

I am very proud of the effort.

I am thrilled with the strides in year two.

I am questioning whether we have the right guy at OC.
WPS