Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This game played out like I thought it would.

Started by Piggfoot, October 18, 2014, 07:48:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Except for the first drive, Georgia shut down our run game and dared us to beat them with the pass. In the first half we helped them with mistakes and errors. They cruised in the second half.
I know some will look at the final stats and say we made so and so yards passing but it was not enough. And it was not balanced.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Dr. Starcs

Piggfoot

Dr. Starcs

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TNhawgfan

Im sure you had us down 38 to 6 at the half. You probably also knew bama would win 58 to 0
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hook 'em Hogs

Really not what I was expecting. I had thought we were ready for a step-back game, but thought get playing in Little Rock would fix that.

UAROCKDOG

We play well when the defense doesn't stack the box or blitz.

spiritof92

Georgia really didn't shut down our run game.  We just stopped running. 

Danny J

Quote from: Kevin on October 18, 2014, 07:51:19 pm
Blueprint blitz from outside on every play
And I couldn't believe we did nothing about it all game. We need to get a screen game through bubble screens to players like hatcher or williams out wide behind Derby and Henry. Those DB's were blitzing off the line all night(except the 3rd quarter) and we did nothing to make them pay for it.

Piggfoot

Quote from: TNhawgfan on October 18, 2014, 07:52:44 pm
Im sure you had us down 38 to 6 at the half. You probably also knew bama would win 58 to 0

Monday Morning Quarterback / Re: Georgia calling Arkansas' offense one-dimensional
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:43:28 pm »
I think we have been one dimensional in the games we've lost. I haven't seen us use a good mix consistently when we needed too. Our short passes certainly haven't opened up things. I believe Ga. Like Ala. in the second half will make us beat them through the air.  And if we can't catch them deep a couple of times. I think we'll be in trouble. Hope I'm wrong.
ReplyQuote

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

That's pretty weak. Anybody can say "ifs" before a game and cover themselves to make them look better.

Colin Cowherd makes a living doing it.

Dr. Starcs

Yeah, but Jeff, I can't listen to a steelers fan. Lol

The_Bionic_Pig

Georgia never pulled the 1st string D...so Chaney changing blocking schemes in the beginning of the 3rd get's NO CREDIT WHAT-SO-EVER?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dr. Starcs

Not when you're down 32. Too late then man. And I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. This is hard to defend.

Science Fiction Greg

ITT I learned that being outscored 26-7 is cruising.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

spiritof92

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 18, 2014, 08:09:36 pm
ITT I learned that being outscored 26-7 is cruising.

It is when you're already up by 32. 

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

Piggfoot

I will also go on record again and say that the remaining SEC teams will stack the box and make us beat them through the air. Of course if we can beat their 8-9 in the box we will win. We have to find a way to stretch the field and back them off the line. They have numbers on our 7 down linemen. When they have 8 or 9 up there we have to burn them. We haven't.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

spiritof92

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 18, 2014, 08:13:44 pm
No, it's not.  It's holding on.

At no point did the Hogs threaten or even hint they would take the lead.  Please stop revising history.

farmhawg

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 07:55:54 pm
And I couldn't believe we did nothing about it all game. We need to get a screen game through bubble screens to players like hatcher or williams out wide behind Derby and Henry. Those DB's were blitzing off the line all night(except the 3rd quarter) and we did nothing to make them pay for it.
If high schools can figure out how to run a screen surely we can.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Medic821

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 18, 2014, 08:52:05 pm
At no point did the Hogs threaten or even hint they would take the lead.  Please stop revising history.

Saying that being outscored 26-7 is not "cruising" is not revising history.