Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Running sets/Passing sets

Started by CDBHawg, October 18, 2014, 07:25:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CDBHawg

We are very good running the ball.  We look a to be average to above average passing when we commit to the spread.

The problem is that we can't seem to pass out of our running sets unless it's a 5 yard sideline route or trick play to the TE.  The same problem seems to exist we we spread it out. We can't run the ball well then.

Frustrating to say the least. Hopefully that changes.

The_Bionic_Pig

Our WR Corp are unable to get separation other than Hatcher (double teamed) that's why you witnessed so many GO-ROUTES and passes to the TE.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 07:30:52 pm
Our WR Corp are unable to get separation other than Hatcher (double teamed) that's why you witnessed so many GO-ROUTES and passes to the TE.

Not buying that. The announcers clearly showed two wide open WRs on a couple of plays.

I'm not saying its on BA. I just fear that will be an ongoing problem under Bielema. Running plays will consist of 3 TE sets and play action will be called out of that. Very predictable and not hard to defend.

And I don't recall Hatcher being double teamed.

Großer Kriegschwein

There were plenty of receivers "open". Unfortunately we can't get the ball to them on time, or accurately at that distance.
This is my non-signature signature.

bigbadhog

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 18, 2014, 08:10:14 pm
Not buying that. The announcers clearly showed two wide open WRs on a couple of plays.

I'm not saying its on BA. I just fear that will be an ongoing problem under Bielema. Running plays will consist of 3 TE sets and play action will be called out of that. Very predictable and not hard to defend.

yes, that is about right...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Our last two game offensive totals:  (against Alabama & Georgia)

215 total yards rushing.........89 & 126

541 total yards passing.........245 & 296

Georgia's RB Chubb, accounted for 202 yards rushing in today's game.  Our running game is just not producing as it needs to, against good defenses. 

Today Allen threw for 296 yards....28 of 45....for 62%...& 3 TD
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

downsouthhawg72

BA can't read defenses & if you can't read defenses then you can't go through your reads to find the open man. BA missed open players all game & he does it every game. He locks on the primary receiver & sticks to that player. That's why people be running open during games. He don't have any arm strength either. He over threw a few today also.
DownSouthHawg