Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Half Hogs

Started by MO.Hog, October 18, 2014, 07:18:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MO.Hog

A loss is a loss. However despite the horrific first 30 minutes of football we witnessed tonight, this team showed it can play to the end. I'm not for the moral victory category, but we gave up 21 points because of turnovers first half. Second half we beat this Georgia team. This is one positive I took away from tonight's game, that no matter what the deficit we will continue to play. I haven't seen this team show it's will in the fourth quarter until tonight.  Take this as you will, but I see things looking up.  Side note: I'm fifteen deep in an eighteen pack of Budweiser right now so grammatical errors don't count. Go Hogs! Beat UAB!  :razorback: :razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MO.Hog on October 18, 2014, 07:18:52 pm
A loss is a loss. However despite the horrific first 30 minutes of football we witnessed tonight, this team showed it can play to the end. I'm not for the moral victory category, but we gave up 21 points because of turnovers first half. Second half we beat this Georgia team. This is one positive I took away from tonight's game, that no matter what the deficit we will continue to play. I haven't seen this team show it's will in the fourth quarter until tonight.  Take this as you will, but I see things looking up.  Side note: I'm fifteen deep in an eighteen pack of Budweiser right now so grammatical errors don't count. Go Hogs! Beat UAB!  :razorback: :razorback:

Good point, we outscored Georgia 26-7 in the second half but three dumb mistakes in the first half granted them 21 points. We have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot. There are other things that apply here, but I won't go into them at this point.
Go Hogs Go!

razorson

When I'm up by 32pts. I don't think you ll get me to play  as if I was only up by one.

bphi11ips

Liked the second half effort. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hellwonthaveme

Georgia was on cruise control in the 2nd half.

PRJ

spiritof92

Dirty

The UGA fans are the rudest fans I have ever been around!  The ladies were cussing worse than a sailor.

Kevin

Prevent defense, most of second half
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

spiritof92

Quote from: Dirty on October 18, 2014, 07:24:52 pmThe ladies were cussing worse than a sailor.

They should really wear shirts when out in public.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: razorson on October 18, 2014, 07:23:18 pm
When I'm up by 32pts. I don't think you ll get me to play  as if I was only up by one.

Quote from: Kevin on October 18, 2014, 07:25:08 pm
Prevent defense, most of second half

DING
DING
DING

With such a lead after the 1st half, both teams played differently in 2nd.  I think UGA defense just wanted to keep everything in front of them and run the clock.  It worked no problem.  We still lost by 2 TD's.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

UAROCKDOG

Great second half.   Great fans.

XavierZane

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 18, 2014, 07:24:15 pm
Georgia was on cruise control in the 2nd half.

PRJ

Yeah, they were so apathetic they got like 4 pass interference/holding calls.  Georgia was playing the same as they did in the first half, we just weren't handing them as many points. 

farmhawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 18, 2014, 07:26:47 pm
DING
DING
DING

With such a lead after the 1st half, both teams played differently in 2nd.  I think UGA defense just wanted to keep everything in front of them and run the clock.  It worked no problem.  We still lost by 2 TD's.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Speedracer

Don't let the empty numbers fool you. UGA called off the dogs
Like smites bother me.

spiritof92

Quote from: XavierZane on October 18, 2014, 07:29:10 pm
Yeah, they were so apathetic they got like 4 pass interference/holding calls.  Georgia was playing the same as they did in the first half, we just weren't handing them as many points. 

Sounds like a team that wasn't as focused rather than a team playing hard, tbh.

Kevin

Sound like we have some player attitude problem after listening to CBB post game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

farmhawg

Quote from: Kevin on October 18, 2014, 07:32:05 pm
Sound like we have some player attitude problem after listening to CBB post game
Its called leadership.....from the coaches.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Kevin

Quote from: farmhawg on October 18, 2014, 07:33:01 pm
Its called leadership.....from the coaches.

Leadership from players is more important.

spiritof92

Quote from: Kevin on October 18, 2014, 07:34:07 pm

yep

Senior leadership is priceless.

XavierZane

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 18, 2014, 07:30:52 pm
Sounds like a team that wasn't as focused rather than a team playing hard, tbh.

Hey, that may be.  I can only go by how they looked though.

farmhawg

Quote from: Kevin on October 18, 2014, 07:34:07 pm
All we have heard is how they have bought in and believing, now they have an issue??
From theflyinghog

Hogfan1660

This game could've been a lot worse if Georgia was playing to win instead of not to lose.

31to6

This. Unfortunately.

Pigsknuckles

There are no excuses for our 1st half performance, and no rational positives for our 2nd half. We sucked again on the national stage. The broadcast staff was at a complete loss for words. Crap, some of the halftime announcers even apologized for their pre-game predictions  Must have been uncomfortable for all of them. A complete program meltdown. We have been riding the knife edge for the past few weeks. Today, we found out the real condition of our program.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

UAROCKDOG

We played great second half.    Didn't quit. 

UAROCKDOG

Made the score respectable also. 

spiritof92

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 18, 2014, 07:44:35 pm
There are no excuses for our 1st half performance, and no rational positives for our 2nd half. We sucked again on the national stage. The broadcast staff was at a complete loss for words. Crap, some of the halftime announcers even apologized for their pre-game predictions  Must have been uncomfortable for all of them. A complete program meltdown. We have been riding the knife edge for the past few weeks. Today, we found out the real condition of our program.

Yeah, I talked some smack with some Georgia fans at another site and now I'm hanging out here just to avoid them until I mellow out. 

farmhawg

Quote from: UAROCKDOG on October 18, 2014, 07:49:34 pm
Made the score respectable also. 
Another moral victory!!! Your trophy is in the mail!
From theflyinghog

downsouthhawg72

I was sitting right on the front rows beside the UGA crowd. Georgia fans are not that bad, even tho when our player got hurt they started doing some cheer. Some of their fans tried to get them to shut up out of respect for our DB that was on the field.... but all & all most of the UGA fans was pretty good. But I do know that BA does not see/read the field well at all. It has nothing to do with the play calling. They call good plays but if a QB don't see/read the defense to find the open man nothing will work. I figured a coaches son could do that alittle better. Yea they were in his face at times but they wasn't the whole day. He started hitting that 1st read open man in the 2nd half when they was playing more off wits less blitzing. Other teams try different QB's to see if something else would work so I think we should at times also. Also, our kicker that's redshirting have to be able to do better than what we have right now, leg strength or not. I'm sure he can hit a extra point.
DownSouthHawg

hoghevn

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 18, 2014, 07:44:35 pm

And we just found out what kind of fan you're not.

GIVE IT A REST!!  We've played a top 5 or top 10 team 4 of the 8 teams we've played this year and we had a bad first half, didn't give up and fought hard the second half.  Yea Georgia was in prevent mode, but we stopped them multiple times on 4th down when they went for it.  MANY other teams would have quit; PERIOD and gotten blown out even worse.  We didn't quit!!  REALITY - We're in a MASSIVE rebuild program.  Don't want moral wins?  Fine, deal with where most any other coach would have us right now.  They  wouldn't be doing any better.

You want to complain about the coaches, deride the players......  You're a critic - An unexperienced and emotional one at that.  THE PROGRAM IS DOING GREAT AND IS RISING AT LIGHT SPEED.  I know, I know, a "W" is all that matters; like your expert opinion.  Why don't we fire everyone and start over since Pigsknuckles has figured out the true state of our program.. :puke:
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hoghevn on October 18, 2014, 08:34:04 pm

GIVE IT A REST!!  We've played a top 5 or top 10 team 4 of the 8 teams we've played this year and we had a bad first half, didn't give up and fought hard the second half.  Yea Georgia was in prevent mode, but we stopped them multiple times on 4th down when they went for it.  MANY other teams would have quit; PERIOD and gotten blown out even worse.  We didn't quit!!  REALITY - We're in a MASSIVE rebuild program.  Don't want moral wins?  Fine, deal with where most any other coach would have us right now.  They  wouldn't be doing any better.

You want to complain about the coaches, deride the players......  You're a critic - An unexperienced and emotional one at that.  THE PROGRAM IS DOING GREAT AND IS RISING AT LIGHT SPEED.  I know, I know, a "W" is all that matters; like your expert opinion.  Why don't we fire everyone and start over since Pigsknuckles has figured out the true state of our program.. :puke:

Been an Arkansas fan for over 50 years now sonny, which is probably longer than you have been alive. Been to most every home game, and many away, and "answered the call" more times than you will ever imagine. I believe I have "earned" the privilege to my "un-expert" opinion. Unless you have not been keeping up with current events, we are a train wreck of what once was a respected national power. I don't have all the answers, but I damn well know that the current product is not deserving of the loyalty those like me have sacrificed for all these years.

Swineasaur

Another "moral victory" thread. Moral victories are not worked into the contract.

spiritof92

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 18, 2014, 08:55:50 pm
Been an Arkansas fan for over 50 years now sonny, which is probably longer than you have been alive. Been to most every home game, and many away, and "answered the call" more times than you will ever imagine. I believe I have "earned" the privilege to my "un-expert" opinion. Unless you have not been keeping up with current events, we are a train wreck of what once was a respected national power. I don't have all the answers, but I damn well know that the current product is not deserving of the loyalty those like me have sacrificed all these years.

Sadly I will admit this is the darkest time in my Hog fandom.  Previously the Danny Ford era (disconnect with his players in general, his negative attitude, back to back 4-7s) was at the top.  Even in '92 after Crowe was fired the Hogs went to Knoxville and knocked off the #4 Vols and went on to 3 SEC wins. 

Razor1997

That's true, but the 2012 and 2013 teams would have quit after being down 38-6 at the half.  Even if today was against a team trying to run out the clock, it's an improvement.

That said, it's our eighth consecutive SEC moral victory.

MO.Hog

Quote from: Swineasaur on October 18, 2014, 08:56:50 pm
Another "moral victory" thread. Moral victories are not worked into the contract.

Apparently you didn't read my post which opened the thread. I stated "I'm not one for moral victories". What this post was about was looking for a positive in a team who is still yielding negatives. I will never give up my hope or quit cheering. Stand behind these hogs! :razorback: :razorback:

mlloyd4

Been an Arkansas fan for over 50 years now sonny, which is probably longer than you have been alive. Been to most every home game, and many away, and "answered the call" more times than you will ever imagine. I believe I have "earned" the privilege to my "un-expert" opinion. Unless you have not been keeping up with current events, we are a train wreck of what once was a respected national power. I don't have all the answers, but I damn well know that the current product is not deserving of the loyalty those like me have sacrificed all these years.

Well Pigsnuckles, if that is your real name, I disagree, and I have been a fan for nearly 100 years, which is probably more than you have been alive. I've been to every home game and even helped build and finance the stadium, and the stadium before that. You are just a kid to me. Your privilege is the same as the other kids. You have earned no right to speak down to anyone. We are far from a train wreck and we are close to being a better team than you can imagine or that you have ever seen before. I do have all the answers and I damn well know that we are on the right track.
WPS

farmhawg

Quote from: hoghevn on October 18, 2014, 08:34:04 pm

Rising at light speed......that is funny! Thanks for the laugh!
From theflyinghog

The Pulse

We are still going bowling. We will beat Texas A&M Georgia LSU and Mizzou!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: Kevin on October 18, 2014, 07:32:05 pm

This happens when you lose 16 straight conference games.

The pressure to end the streak has got to be insane.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: MO.Hog on October 18, 2014, 09:01:04 pm
Apparently you didn't read my post which opened the thread. I stated "I'm not one for moral victories". What this post was about was looking for a positive in a team who is still yielding negatives. I will never give up my hope or quit cheering. Stand behind these hogs! :razorback: :razorback:

MO. This is why I don't start many threads. Folks like me, and others, take advantage of a legit question to spin things for their own purposes. Right now I'm mad, disappointed, and have a desire to vent. No reason you should suffer for that. We did respond in the second half, and dammit, scored twice in the 4th quarter. Please understand that a drive by vent isn't always the fault of the OP. Thanks.  :razorback:

MO.Hog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 18, 2014, 09:09:59 pm
MO. This is why I don't start many threads. Folks like me, and others, take advantage of a legit question to spin things for their own purposes. Right now I'm mad, disappointed, and have a desire to vent. No reason you should suffer for that. We did respond in the second half, and dammit, scored twice in the 4th quarter. Please understand that a drive by vent isn't always the fault of the OP. Thanks.  :razorback:

Sounds good. On that note F the refs, F the targeting rule and let's play one more quarter. Drink up Hogville we all need it!  :razorback: :razorback:

TeedupHigh

Been an Arkansas fan for over 50 years now sonny, which is probably longer than you have been alive. Been to most every home game, and many away, and "answered the call" more times than you will ever imagine. I believe I have "earned" the privilege to my "un-expert" opinion. Unless you have not been keeping up with current events, we are a train wreck of what once was a respected national power. I don't have all the answers, but I damn well know that the current product is not deserving of the loyalty those like me have sacrificed for all these years.

poor you! I guess you hunk his staff should be fired, then who you gonna bring into this house on fire?  Who do you think would consider the job if CBB was fired?  Get real old timer, JFB is gone and so is little bobby

TulsaJack32

Quote from: Dirty on October 18, 2014, 07:24:52 pm
The UGA fans are the rudest fans I have ever been around!  The ladies were cussing worse than a sailor.

You sure they weren't laughing at us.  Can't imagine what they were cussing at. 

MO.Hog

Quote from: TulsaJack32 on October 18, 2014, 09:19:49 pm
You sure they weren't laughing at us.  Can't imagine what they were cussing at.

Clock issues hahaha.  :razorback: :razorback:

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: TeedupHigh on October 18, 2014, 09:17:29 pm
poor you! I guess you hunk his staff should be fired, then who you gonna bring into this house on fire?  Who do you think would consider the job if CBB was fired?  Get real old timer, JFB is gone and so is little bobby

Maybe you best go back to Fairways and Greens. At least there is no full contact there.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 18, 2014, 07:51:02 pm
Yeah, I talked some smack with some Georgia fans at another site and now I'm hanging out here just to avoid them until I mellow out.

You people will never learn.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

rljjr

Well, adios Mister. Sorry you don't think the Hogs are worthy of you. Yeah, it's a real sacrifice to be a fan.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: rljjr on October 18, 2014, 10:18:41 pm
Well, adios Mister. Sorry you don't think the Hogs are worthy of you. Yeah, it's a real sacrifice to be a fan.

Not going anywhere. It's just that i feel that I, and many others, have been around long enough to be justified a legit opinion based upon the current status of our program. Read it into what you want, but I will be here next year, will you?

moses_007

Quote from: MO.Hog on October 18, 2014, 07:18:52 pm
I'm fifteen deep in an eighteen pack of Budweiser right now so grammatical errors don't count.
I'm surprised you can even type.