Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

will Bielema ever go with a different QB? is there no scenario?

Started by Arkansaspost1686, October 18, 2014, 06:53:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UAROCKDOG

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: MushroomCloudHog on October 18, 2014, 07:34:23 pm
You can run the ball effectively.  A sophisticated offense with a QB in over his head his head? Dummy down the pass offense and put RP in. Matt Jones was a freshman too when he started getting serious playing time. Nutt wasn't an offensive genius and got that much.

Matt Jones runs a legit 4.3 Lasar in college and he didn't get on the field until game 4-5
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

There is not a better QB on this team right now than Branson Allen. He wasn't the biggest problem today.

root_hawg

Not as fast as Marshall, Not the size of Prescott and I know you don't think he is Manziel.

Show me an article from practice.

Time will tell

bphi11ips

Quote from: root_hawg on October 18, 2014, 07:22:56 pm
No way Rafe starts over AA or Storey, arm strength is not near either one and don't think he is fast enough to run in the SEC.

Which stat on Rivals is more inaccurate?

Austin Allen    6'2"  217

Rafe Peavey       4.5
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hawgzzfan1152 on October 18, 2014, 07:31:15 pm
He runs a 4.5 40 how is that not fast enough? dak prescott,johnny Manziel run a 4.5, and Nick marshal ran a 4.6 Some of the best running QBs in the country.

Don't put RP in against a tough SEC defense until he's ready. They had BA start against Alabama before he was ready and it still affects him.
This is my non-signature signature.

hogfan58

I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: root_hawg on October 18, 2014, 07:40:39 pm
Not as fast as Marshall, Not the size of Prescott and I know you don't think he is Manziel.

Show me an article from practice.

Time will tell

He's not playing in a HUNH offense (Marshall/Prescott/Manziel)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogfan58 on October 18, 2014, 07:42:10 pm
We'll never win a SEC game with BA at QB.

Never IS a long time and he has a lot of games left...uh, I'll take the over.

The_Bionic_Pig

We play the Aggies again and it's ugly by halftime.  Your correct in thinking we may lose to #1 MSU & #3 Ole Miss but LSU & Missouri are VERY BEATABLE!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

goneal

If we have a LOSING SEC record next year and CBB gets an extension, then we deserve whatever we get going forward. Personally, I wish Long would get the Michigan AD job and take CBB with him. We're good enough to win SOME of these games. The fact that we can't put together 4 quarters of relatively "stupid penalty" free and even marginally  consistant play is a blame SOMEBODY should be stepping up and accepting. I am sick of "we're getting there", "they're young", "they're hurt", "they're trying their best" or "we're building it the right way". BS!!! We're not experiencing ANYTHING that the rest of the SEC isn't or hasn't. Yeah Petrino screwed us up, and Long made a terrific blunder with JLS. But that is in the past. WE HAVE LOST 16 SEC GAMES IN A ROW!!! Hell Vanderbilt and Kentucky haven't managed to do that lately. These guys are weak mentally, they're not afraid of losing or failing and they need someone to be the bad guy here and make them start acting, thinking and playing like Arkansas and SEC caliber athletes. Beilema obviously wants to play the Mike Anderson role, so he had damn well better get someone who can and will be the Nolan Richardson of this team. Anyone who isn't morbidly ashamed of and sickend by this losing streak should turn in their credentials. This whole thing makes me want to puke.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

artyhog

With BA at the helm.  The Hogs will not win an SEC game.  We need serious upgrades at the corners and safyies.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 07:49:31 pm
We play the Aggies again and it's ugly by halftime.  Your correct in thinking we may lose to #1 MSU & #3 Ole Miss but LSU & Missouri are VERY BEATABLE!

UGA was beatable.  A&M easily beatable.  Bama was even beatable. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

jkstock04

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 07:49:31 pm
Seems legit. Just like the other 80-90% of Hogville "experts" that easily see the improvement....all week long that guaranteed not only a win but a blowout win against Georgia because they are such a "soft team" that hasn't played a tough west team like us.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The_Bionic_Pig

So which is it goneal?

Quote from: goneal on September 01, 2014, 07:39:07 pm
If anyone here is even remotely close to the situation in Fayetteville, please tell. Do these coaches ever openly challenge these players? Like last year, they seem awfully quick to just shut down and or give up. Two completely different halves played Saturday, just like last year. Partly I blame the staff for not being able, or willing, to make adjustments. I know a lot will say that they were just outmanned and worn down. I just don't buy that. Who was more outmanned Saturday? Arkansas vs Auburn or UCA vs TExas Tech? These guys may not be all 4 and 5 stars, but they're better than what we're seeing on the field. I have never seen any of these coaches chew someone's a@@ like I have Saban or like Auburns staff did Saturday. All we ever hear is how they're great kids and it will take time. I think back to Nolan's teams, and what always struck me about them was that they were afraid of nothing, other than disappointing Nolan and losing. I just don't see this team having any great fear of failure.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: root_hawg on October 18, 2014, 07:09:04 pm
I'm telling you, I saw the kid play multiple times in HS, he isn't starting at Ark unless Storey falls and breaks his leg.
You sure have a high opinion of your opinion. Apparently you know something about him that the coaches at Arkansas, Auburn, Kansas State, and many others don't.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 18, 2014, 07:52:44 pm
UGA was beatable.  A&M easily beatable.  Bama was even beatable. 

That's a combined record of 12-1 (17-5 if you include A&M) believe it or not Arkansas is good were just playing Great teams on our schedule.   
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ballz2thewall

ba spent most of the game under extreme pressure, and most of the time that he had time, our WR's dilly-dally about.

there are better qb's than allen.  but i don't see that as the glaring issue.

we just made mistakes and it's hard to dig out of that.

The rest of the frog.

Xterrahogfan

QuoteDON'T YOU KNOW BRET BIELEMA IS PAID $3M A YEAR? DON'T YOU THINK BIELEMA IS PLAYING EVERY PLAYER AT EVERY POSITION WHO HE THINKS GIVES ARKANSAS THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN EVERY GAME?!!!!

No, I don't.

hogfan58

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 18, 2014, 07:50:16 pm
He'll win one in 2015.  Book it.

Who will we beat....@ Bama, @ LSU, @ Ole Miss? Miss St, the #1 team in the nation this year? Auburn? TAMU? Tenn might be the easiest game, but it's on the road.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Demaghog

Unless we play another team with a bad QB I'm beginning to think this is true. We don't have enough talent to make up for bad QB play.

poloprince

Rafe is the best qb, he needs to be in there with some read option.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Danny J

Quote from: poloprince on October 18, 2014, 08:04:29 pm
Rafe is the best qb, he needs to be in there with some read option.
Totally agree. We currently have no answer for the blitz as tonight showed. If we are not going to take advantage of the blitz via a screen game or whatever then you need to have a mobile QB. I promise you that Chavis at LSU will do exactly what UGA did today. The same goes for Ole Miss and MSU.

jkincaid

BA is.........

- momentum killer
- Not an SEC QB
- Fixated on one receiver - makes horrible decisions

......shall I continue

Demaghog

BA seems so slow when he passes the ball. Perhaps that is why we don't throw screens-- he can't get the ball out fast enough. There's just too many throws he can't make it and  it really hurts us.

oldhog63

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Told my kids the exact same thing today. I hope he proves us wrong, but I would be surprised it he did.

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 07:07:44 pm
Peavy is a serious run threat something Arkansas hasn't had since Jones..and exactly what Bielema played at Wisconsin.

And again, WHAT?!?!??!?

Bebop

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 18, 2014, 07:40:21 pm
There is not a better QB on this team right now than Branson Allen. He wasn't the biggest problem today.

Then why do we kept putting Brandon in if Branson is better? Is he the youngest brother or something?

d1nonlyhogfan

As long as BA continues to be the starting QB, I don't think we'll get over the hump. Now if nobody beats him out in Spring or Fall next year, that just means all our 4* guys were grossly overrated. Which means we will be lucky to go bowling next year.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 07:59:13 pm
That's a combined record of 12-1 (17-5 if you include A&M) believe it or not Arkansas is good were just playing Great teams on our schedule.   

So what.  All beatable.  2 we should have beaten.  LSU will continue to improve.  So will Mizzou.  We will be fortunate to get 1 of the 2.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogfan58 on October 18, 2014, 08:01:46 pm
Who will we beat....@ Bama, @ LSU, @ Ole Miss? Miss St, the #1 team in the nation this year? Auburn? TAMU? Tenn might be the easiest game, but it's on the road.

I expect MSU will drop off measurably.  A&M may be showing to be a fraud.  Mizzou at home.  We'll get 1.

Danny J

The play that sticks out the most to me was the pass in the second half to Walker 8 yards behind the LOS with a DB bearing down on him..BA had to see it as there was nobody in his line of sight and he still threw the ball. Glad Walker had the good sense to not catch the ball. I couldn't believe he tried to make that pass. Terrible decision.

Hogarusa

I dont see BA being unseated at starting QB.  There are other spots where people need to step up bigger than BA.  Its tough to see a freshmen qB unseating a SR QB with 2+ years of starts.
I dont think there is a competition until 2016.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on October 18, 2014, 08:17:44 pm
As long as BA continues to be the starting QB, I don't think we'll get over the hump. Now if nobody beats him out in Spring or Fall next year, that just means all our 4* guys were grossly overrated. Which means we will be lucky to go bowling next year.

Completely true.  And the hump is well down the road I think...regardless of the QB. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 18, 2014, 08:23:06 pm
I dont see BA being unseated at starting QB.  There are other spots where people need to step up bigger than BA.  Its tough to see a freshmen qB unseating a SR QB with 2+ years of starts.

At some point you have to think about the future and unfortunately I don't think our future has certain players contributing in it. So you pick a good "leader" but doesn't perform well enough on the field. That's an interesting pickle to be in but one you have to correct.
This is my non-signature signature.

bphi11ips

But it takes 3 years to install half of Chaney's playbook.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 18, 2014, 08:26:44 pm

At some point you have to think about the future and unfortunately I don't think our future has certain players contributing in it. So you pick a good "leader" but doesn't perform well enough on the field.

You just described Jake Locker.

cypert2

For good or bad, this is the obvious truth.
Swinging on the two and the four.

redeye

Quote from: Arkansaspost1686 on October 18, 2014, 06:53:27 pm
I have been very tough on Allen before, but this is NOT a bash thread. It's just a simple question: coach seems determined to play Brandon no matter what -- Is there no situation when he says "let's try something different." 

Why has coach hitched his wagon to BA 100%?

He goes away from RB after fumbles.  Pulls receivers after poor effort.   Sits guys after dumb penalties.  But snap in snap out Allen is still there.   Makes me think there's something else going on -- but what?  Is everyone of our quarterbacks terribly worse than Brandon?  That's my guess.  again I am not bashing. I've done that before , but this is a legitimate question

That's a great question.  Based on history, I'm skeptical if anything other then an injury will ever keep Brandon from starting.  I think we'll see him back as the starter next year.

However, I don't think that decision is as critical as how he's being used.  Allen can be a serviceable game-manager, but we're asking him to win games for us, and I don't think he can do that.  We're asking him to throw the ball too much and makes plays out of nothing, but if that's the route we're going to take, then we need someone else.

If we make him mostly a handeroffer, we may lose games, but at least we're capable of doing that well.  But please don't ask Allen to convert QB sneaks for 2-point conversions.

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 07:39:05 pm
Matt Jones runs a legit 4.3 Lasar in college and he didn't get on the field until game 4-5

Okay, this was game 7. We were 0-3 in conference at that point. We are now 0-4. Zac Clark was a fayetteville Qb also, just like Allen. RP might not run a 4.3 but I have more faith in the tools he has, over BA at this point. 

Sooie71923

NO!!!!

There will be a new qb when there is a better one than we have now.

New qb....

Do we need new ol, RBs, and WRs too?

Because 1 player is not keeping the team from winning.

moses_007

Quote from: Cartoon Man on October 18, 2014, 07:04:00 pm
I will be glad when all the Allens are gone.
It'll be a day of celebratioin just like when the Dick brothers were finally gone.  I hope Arkansas NEVER again recruits two brothers at quarterback.  It doesn't work guys...pure and simple.

mbd1475

Oh god. I had never considered that the Allen brothers are just like the Dick brothers.  I am back in Nutt land. Someone save me. I'm dying here.

showme

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 18, 2014, 07:40:21 pm
Don't see anyone saying he is he biggest problem. The discussion is about the fact that he is a problem if your goal is to win multiple SEC games and whether the coach will ever replace him with a different QB. Hence the title of the thread being what it is and not "Brandon Allen is the biggest problem today".

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 07:01:03 pm
Again Peavy's lack of knowledge of the entire playbook is the only....only reason he's not starting. Redshirt & Develop your "Mobile" QB along with your most highly recruited reciever...then add KJ Hill next season. 

Georgia lived in the Arkansas backfield 1st & 2nd Qtr until Chaney made Blocking assignment adjustments.

So that proves my thinking Chaney is a Blooming Idiot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Joshua Michael Irwin

Here's the situation where he doesn't play him:

Brandon Allen graduated, and Ty Story is ready to go.

S.A.D.C

Why is everyone so convinced that RP is better than BA?  Seriously asking here- have you seen practices or was he really good at fall camp or something? 

hogsanity

Quote from: S.A.D.C on October 18, 2014, 09:13:17 pm
Why is everyone so convinced that RP is better than BA?  Seriously asking here- have you seen practices or was he really good at fall camp or something? 

Because they have convinced themselves they could run a d1 program.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

root_hawg