Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

422 yds of Offense + 4 Turnovers = Loss

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, October 18, 2014, 06:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Those 14pts given away before the half really came back to haunt this team.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

The real Hogules

There always seems to be some combination of misfortunes and mistakes that equate to a Razorbacks loss.
No matter how it stacks up it always ends the same.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

spiritof92

Most of the Hogs points came after Georgia took their foot off the gas.

Danny J

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 18, 2014, 06:52:36 pm
There always seems to be some combination misfortunes, or mistakes that equate to a Razorbacks loss.
That is 100% accurate and I feel the same way. It is like we are cursed.

Danny J

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 18, 2014, 06:53:06 pm
And the pass yards. The Dogs stopped blitzing is why. They were trying to keep everything in front of them.

PORKULATOR

Defense got the big head and didn't get off their blocks. We still have that loser karma looming over us,  but the calls on the Mitchells...  bogus...  the ejection was criminal and the other unrefutable for lack of proof, but occurred after a 3rd and 10 in completion,  off camera and 30 yards away from the play. 
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

I disagree...  they were holding just as much on their oline at the end of the game as they were in the beginning.

MuskogeeHogFan

Not exactly. More like after the Hogs woke up.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 06:53:52 pm
And the pass yards. The Dogs stopped blitzing is why. They were trying to keep everything in front of them.

Well that didn't work out too well for them in the second half.
Go Hogs Go!

spiritof92

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 18, 2014, 07:02:23 pm

Go back and look at the Hogs vs. Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl.  Same thing today.  Just hang out in zone and don't give up any quick scores.

secfan30

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 18, 2014, 06:48:02 pm
Those 14pts given away before the half really came back to haunt this team.

At least Flair didn't  do the Wolf Hog Call

Junkyard Hog

Really 5 to's if you count the unsportsmanlike penalty on the third down stop in the first half.  Their punt team was running on the field!  Two plays later they scored a td.

Danny J

You can say that if we ever got within one score but we never did. They did what I would have done. Play conservative.

spiritof92

Yeah, it's not like they were up by two scores.  They were up by 5 frickin' TDs.  rawwrrrr

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 18, 2014, 06:52:36 pm
There always seems to be some combination of misfortunes and mistakes that equate to a Razorbacks loss.

It's often the sign of a not so good team.  We still primarily have a talent and depth problem.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

They won by 2 TD's.  Worked more than well enough.  We never became a serious threat in the 2nd half.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Steef

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on October 18, 2014, 07:50:13 pm
Really 5 to's if you count the unsportsmanlike penalty on the third down stop in the first half.  Their punt team was running on the field!  Two plays later they scored a td.

True that.

We basically spotted the #10 team in the country 28 points, before we started playing football.

I'm encouraged and discouraged all at the same time.

Danny J

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 18, 2014, 07:55:11 pm
Yeah, it's not like they were up by two scores.  They were up by 5 frickin' TDs.  rawwrrrr
Yep...great gameplan by the entire UGA staff. They exposed our weaknesses to perfection.

idochog

Brooks Ellis missing was bigger than most are giving credit for
I love Jesus!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 07:52:16 pm
You can say that if we ever got within one score but we never did. They did what I would have done. Play conservative.

Go back and watch the film if you can stomach it.  They blitzed on almost every down.  They were sending 5 and 6 guys every play and playing zone in the secondary.  They were coming after Brandon on almost every play.  I don't remember too many plays that they didn't send pressure.
Retired Radio Host

grayhawg

Someone tell me again how good our O line is, the last two teams we played pretty well stuffed the running game.

EastexHawg

Richt basically tried to run clock the entire second half.  If he had tried he could have scored 60.  He's a nice guy who let us make it look respectable.  Good for him.  That was a butt kicking.

Danny J

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 18, 2014, 08:03:43 pm

Go back and watch the film if you can stomach it.  They blitzed on almost every down.  They were sending 5 and 6 guys every play and playing zone in the secondary.  They were coming after Brandon on almost every play.  I don't remember too many plays that they didn't send pressure.
I don't remember them blitzing nearly as much in the 3rd quarter. They did a couple times but for the other 3 quarters they blitzed 90% of the time. They played their safeties much deeper in the 3rd quarter as well. Once the game narrowed to 19 points then they went back to blitzing again. We made no adjustments for it....all game.

spiritof92

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 08:13:21 pm
I don't remember them blitzing nearly as much in the 3rd quarter. They did a couple times but for the other 3 quarters they blitzed 90% of the time. They played their safeties much deeper in the 3rd quarter as well. Once the game narrowed to 19 points then they went back to blitzing again. We made no adjustments for it....all game.

Yeah, I remember a number of times they showed heavy blitz but seemed to always back out of it on the snap.

Danny J

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 18, 2014, 08:28:42 pm
Yeah, I remember a number of times they showed heavy blitz but seemed to always back out of it on the snap.
Yeah...we had no answer for it all game. None.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: grayhawg on October 18, 2014, 08:10:58 pm
Someone tell me again how good our O line is, the last two teams we played pretty well stuffed the running game.
You mean two top ten teams?

Yeah, I can see why our mostly underclassmen o-line would struggle against them.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Ugly Uncle

Yeah, you are probably right.  I had my hands covering my face most of the game.
Retired Radio Host

Danny J

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 18, 2014, 08:39:15 pm

Yeah, you are probably right.  I had my hands covering my face most of the game.
I would have done the same thing but it was like watching a train wreck....so bad it was hard not to look. Something like climbing a skyscraper and being told not to look down. I promise you I am looking down!!  ;)

ricepig

Mizzou has 97 total yards and is winning by 42.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 18, 2014, 06:56:47 pm
Defense got the big head and didn't get off their blocks. We still have that loser karma looming over us,  but the calls on the Mitchells...  bogus...  the ejection was criminal and the other unrefutable for lack of proof, but occurred after a 3rd and 10 in completion,  off camera and 30 yards away from the play.
Braylon got thrown out for leading with his helmet and he absolutely did.

TeufelHog

NSS . . .

[attachment deleted by admin]

lefty08

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 18, 2014, 08:03:43 pm

come on UU, it's easier to say UGA didn't care anymore than to give credit
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on October 18, 2014, 10:07:28 pm
Braylon got thrown out for leading with his helmet and he absolutely did.
he actually.didn't lead with his helmet at all. His head was clearly up the entire time. He was ejected for going high on the qb.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Inhogswetrust

Wrong. Coach said after the game there were adjustments made to pick it up. In the second half it showed. They still got to him but he had more time to throw and completed some although some were when he was flushed from the pocket or were designed roll outs.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 19, 2014, 07:24:42 am
Wrong. Coach said after the game there were adjustments made to pick it up. In the second half it showed. They still got to him but he had more time to throw and completed some although some were when he was flushed from the pocket or were designed roll outs.
do we really have to wait until halftime to make adjustments?

PP

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 06:53:10 pm
That is 100% accurate and I feel the same way. It is like we are cursed.
it is not black magic or voodoo but tbinking it is does take one's mind away from the reality of the situation.
It is poor coaching, poor in-game coaching decisions, and poor execution, especially by skill players like Collins and Allen.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Danny J on October 18, 2014, 06:53:52 pm

We need to be able to block for our QB better, including picking up the the blitz more effectively.  Coach BB brought that up in his post game comments. Our QB seems to always be under more pressure, than our opponents.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.