Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blame Thread........who what or where is responsible

Started by Lanny, October 18, 2014, 04:56:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: MrKnowItAll on October 18, 2014, 05:27:12 pm
OTR

Ebola

Ebola and I don't appreciated being named in anything hog related.

Thanks.

Lamar

Melorock089

I think it is more Allen than Chaney

I want to see what Chaney can do with a different QB.

intelligence

Quote from: root_hawg on October 18, 2014, 06:18:56 pm
I see an Arkansas team who is playing the number 10 team in the country to within 13 points

you must be squinting your eyes hella hard to see that.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Blutoblutarsky

I see an Arkansas team who is playing the number 10 team in the country to within 13 points

Georiga could've named the score. The let us back and didn't play hard after beating our Donkey in the first half.

arktravlr

Quote from: BigE_23 on October 18, 2014, 05:05:12 pm
Jim Chaney...wheels came off after piss poor play calling on the second drive.

I don't care what anyone says...with him as our OC, we won't make it where we want to be.

He cost us the Alabama game and now this. Unacceptable.

This

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

jfred59

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 18, 2014, 05:13:50 pm
quarterbacks from the ARkansas high school system....the kind of football played in HS in Arkansas is simply pathetic

For sure...this has been in the reason for years.

Bardicer

T. Mitchell
B. Mitchell
Everyone who fumbled.

That's who I blame.

Oh and myself for watching.  Took a break from unpacking in the second quarter to watch.  Took another break in the fourth to watch Georgia score.  Jinxed the woke thing.

william.lane123

I think BA is hurt, he didn't move his right shoulder after the 2pt try.  Anyone else see that?

Tim

bphi11ips

Blame Alabama and Georgia.

We laid it all out there against Bama.

Georgia has better athletes.

Good effort in second half. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hog911

Quote from: william.lane123 on October 18, 2014, 06:42:44 pm
I think BA is hurt, he didn't move his right shoulder after the 2pt try.  Anyone else see that?

Make sure we have an excuse for another lose. We are always left with one.

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

TheRazorback500

Stage fright.
Allen's inaccuracy.
We underestimated our enemy.
Talent and depth shortage.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Everybody, coaches and players, it's a team effort. 

spiritof92

I blame my neighborhood.  I think there are only 2 Hog fans here.  While I was watching the game everyone else was running leaf blowers, lawn mowers, blasting rap music while washing their cars, ect...   We could have willed the team to win. 

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Piggfoot

Not blaming any one thing but we are lacking SEC talent in key positions. Not blaming the coaches because I believe every play if everyone does his job is designed to make yards. It's about talent and execution.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

redeye

Quote from: Melorock089 on October 18, 2014, 06:24:13 pm
I think it is more Allen than Chaney

I want to see what Chaney can do with a different QB.

The problem with this is that Chaney picked Allen.  Unless Bielema overruled Chaney's choice at QB, that doesn't fly.

hogcard1964

I take it, everything you're looking at has a rosey hue to it, correct?

redeye

Quote from: william.lane123 on October 18, 2014, 06:42:44 pm

Yea, I also noticed that.  However, he played much better after getting hurt, so you can't blame the injury for the mistakes he made.

redeye

In all honesty, there's lot's of blame to go around after today's performance.  Many of the reasons listed here are not good ones, imo, but there's still a lot to go around.

However, the expectations for this game were overly optimistic all along.  Our players were still moping over last week and Georgia is a much better team then football analysts have led us to believe.  I'll even say that I expected a disappointing loss today, but I did not expect a 1st half blowout and that's what disappointed me the most.

Spikes

The Damn State tropper that did'nt cover the wreck up better
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Elvis P Hogg

I blame BB he said he backed off this week in the sec network pregame it showed :puke: :puke: :puke:

Kevin

This is two qb's in a row to come out of the HS spread system, and cannot read defenses.

Biggest difference Wilson played for an offensive genius and Allen does not.

Until we upgrade qb and wr we have no chance

Georgia decide to just blitz every down and our qb was lost
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigstuff

It all went downhill after the missed extra point....so the kicker.

spiritof92

Quote from: pigstuff on October 18, 2014, 07:17:35 pm
It all went downhill after the missed extra point....so the kicker.

It really wasn't the kicker's fault.  It's hard to not get the kick blocked when the left side of your protection just falls like a house of cards.

ChicoHog

Quote from: gijoejd on October 18, 2014, 05:10:01 pm
It shows how important Ellis is up the middle.  It shows how important game plan and prep is.  It shows how important game scheme is. 

All 3 phases are sub-2014 season to this point.  Just a bad game for us.
Good post.  Correct and to the point. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: BigE_23 on October 18, 2014, 05:05:12 pm
Jim Chaney...wheels came off after piss poor play calling on the second drive.

I don't care what anyone says...with him as our OC, we won't make it where we want to be.

He cost us the Alabama game and now this. Unacceptable.

I like him... need better execution/talent.

thirtythree

play calling. we are on the right track, but we can't get out of our own way sometimes.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: gijoejd on October 18, 2014, 05:10:01 pm
It shows how important Ellis is up the middle.  It shows how important game plan and prep is.  It shows how important game scheme is. 

All 3 phases are sub-2014 season to this point.  Just a bad game for us.

agree on Ellis but also how thin we are.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

lefty08

How about an offensive line that can't pass block (or run block today) running backs who screw around off the field and can't pick up a Blitzer for anything, and then completely lose focus during the game. Not having Ellis and the losing Mitchell hurt bad, we don't have the depth for that
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

SquidBilly

The blame has to fall on BA.  Threw two bad ints and fumbled twice.  Those were killers.  He has max 3 secs to make his reads and rarely gets off of his first one.  At this point in the season any DC worth his salt will have studied enough film to know who the first read is on everyone of our plays.  UAB will get a couple of picks if he doesn't change that. 

If you look at the best QBs they are reading coverage at the LOS pre-snap.  What I see BA doing is paying more attention to the dline and LBs when he should be looking at what the corners and safeties are doing and leaving the line calls to Smothers.  I don't know if that is what he's been coached to do or if it is just him being more concerned about pressure instead of finding the coverage weakness.

hogsanity

Quote from: farmhawg on October 18, 2014, 06:15:36 pm
Keep blaming a coach that has been gone for three years, makes you look brilliant.

Do you think BA is the answer at QB? If not you do know who recruited him and named him backup in the spring of 2012, don't you?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Demaghog

We're playing with inferior talent and it gets worse every year. 2 or 3 of our starters could start for Georgia, the rest would be 2nd string or worse. Arkansas high school football is terrible.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 18, 2014, 06:49:51 pm
Blame Alabama and Georgia.

We laid it all out there against Bama.

Georgia has better athletes.

Good effort in second half.

true

spiritof92

The Bama game was all us.  Bammer dared us to win that game and we chickened out.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 18, 2014, 07:37:06 pm
The blame has to fall on BA.  Threw two bad ints and fumbled twice.  Those were killers.  He has max 3 secs to make his reads and rarely gets off of his first one.  At this point in the season any DC worth his salt will have studied enough film to know who the first read is on everyone of our plays.  UAB will get a couple of picks if he doesn't change that. 

If you look at the best QBs they are reading coverage at the LOS pre-snap.  What I see BA doing is paying more attention to the dline and LBs when he should be looking at what the corners and safeties are doing and leaving the line calls to Smothers.  I don't know if that is what he's been coached to do or if it is just him being more concerned about pressure instead of finding the coverage weakness.

I think he is a spread QB.... can't read as he dropping back... likes the D in front of him, not his back to them...

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: MartinGit on October 18, 2014, 05:51:11 pm
Right now, it's Chaney - we need 3 scores to win w/o them scoring and our strength is our running game - so he has BA throw 3 straight passes - 3 and out - GA gets the ball and scores - game over - probably was anyway but there is no excuse in not going to your strength  >:(

Chaney gave up on our strength the second series. Was a mudslide from that point.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ICEman

A legitimate 13 point blowout.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

wupigsuey

Youts!!

Sophomore slump by the sophomores. Coaches included.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: ICEman on October 18, 2014, 07:55:46 pm
A legitimate 13 point blowout.
Georgia took foot off the gas after halftime .. Could had been worse

spiritof92

Yep, it's like if I challenge someone to a foot race.  I get so far ahead of them that I stop and order/drink a milkshake and when I walk out of the soda fountain they are within shouting distance before I jog the rest of the length and cross the ribbon.

CareBear

Quote from: hogsanity on October 18, 2014, 07:41:26 pm
Do you think BA is the answer at QB? If not you do know who recruited him and named him backup in the spring of 2012, don't you?
Petrino could coach QB's up & is an offensive genius. CBB has no clue regarding Offense & QB play. Jeff Long...the posse is getting a little closer each and every day my friend :-)